The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot (f2p MMO)

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Surprised noone has started a thread about it yet. Not much infoz out cept its from Ubisoft (meh) and f2p.
Inherits Diablo and Dungeon Keeper elements within an MMO-universe (eg raid other players dungeon with your avatar).

http://www.themightyquest.com

DMK_sl

shitlord
Looks awesome can't believe I haven't heard more about it. I was mentioning this build your own castle and people trying to get through it a few weeks ago and BOOM. This game has TONNES of potential..

Caliane

huh.

So hard to balance multiplayer in a game like this. wonder how it will work.

Caliane

That doesnt look anything like Diablo. Despite what blizzard thinks, Diablo did not invent the ARPG.

Also, "mmo" doesnt look appropriate either.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so ubisoft is ripping off neverwinter, right down to the voice used for the trailer?

Actually it looks like Dungeon Keeper + Diablo + Castle Age/Mafia Wars (or one of those other energy-based web games):

- invade other people's keeps for loot
- use loot to equip your guy and make your keep stronger
- passively earn loot when other people invade your keep and lose
- there will be some type of energy meter to limit how many times you can invade other keeps
- there will be some type of limit to how often your keep can be invaded

Could have potential. Only downside is 99% of those Castle Age and Mafia Wars clones are pay-to-win by purchasing extra turns.

Yeah you can design dungeons in Neverwinter. However, unlike Neverwinter you probably earn something when people die in your dungeon keep. So there is incentive to make them as hard as possible. You basically want to be a dickhead dungeon master.
smile.png

Caliane

who/what gave that talk about making dungeons? fuck I can't remember.
I think it was a discussion about indie games. and was about making dungeons in muds?

talked about gamers making loot pinatas. Then having trash mobs, and 1 big boss, and people farming trash, and ignoring the loot after the boss, etc.
Just a tread mill of him as the dev trying to stay a step ahead of "exploits" in the design.
Sound familiar to anyone?

Trying to make a game like this balanced is just a nightmare. I really wonder if it can be pulled off.

Heh, to lazy to start threads around here, Any ways IGN is Ash80 been in beta and alpha for a while.

Edit: it is a grind of course, And if you throw money at them you can get boss lvl mobs to defend your Castle, In Alpha and beta tho they just gave us cash shop money to play around with and bitch about shit.. same o same o

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
That doesnt look anything like Diablo. Despite what blizzard thinks, Diablo did not invent the ARPG.

Also, "mmo" doesnt look appropriate either.
I don't understand the Blizzard hate here. Blizzard isn't part of the conversation to hate upon. On the other hand, they may not of invented the genre, they did create the gold standard it is based upon.

Caliane

I don't understand the Blizzard hate here. Blizzard isn't part of the conversation to hate upon. On the other hand, they may not of invented the genre, they did create the gold standard it is based upon.
in the diablo3 for consoles trailer. the blizz dev literally claimed Blizzard invented ARPGs with Diablo. Diablo is one very specific kind of ARPG, and even THAT is based on Rogue-likes and Gauntlet. Zelda for example is also an ARPG. dont you dare say even Diablo is the gold standard of THAT.
then again, they said in the same video adding a dash is innovative. yes. that is what blizzard has become.
So, Blizzards own stupidity. And nothing about this looks like diablo to me. Dungeon defenders, Kill all orcs, and Dungeon keeper sure.
Not all ARPGS are diablo.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Really wish we could just have a regular update to Dungeon Keeper. There's a facebook game (Overlord?) that is pretty addictive early on and would be even better if the limitations on dungeon size (without spending cash) weren't so restrictive.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
in the diablo3 for consoles trailer. the blizz dev literally claimed Blizzard invented ARPGs with Diablo. Diablo is one very specific kind of ARPG, and even THAT is based on Rogue-likes and Gauntlet. Zelda for example is also an ARPG. dont you dare say even Diablo is the gold standard of THAT.
then again, they said in the same video adding a dash is innovative. yes. that is what blizzard has become.
So, Blizzards own stupidity. And nothing about this looks like diablo to me. Dungeon defenders, Kill all orcs, and Dungeon keeper sure.
Not all ARPGS are diablo.
Again, who said arpg? You are bringing Blizzard hate into this thread. People say it looks like Diablo because of a third person view mouse based click/loot game. Not because of anything Blizzard has stated. And Diablo is the gold standard of the sub genre it created. No one but you is claiming anything grander. You can dislike Blizzard all you want, but until Blizzard itself says anything about this game, the hate looks out of place. Instead you could say in your opinion it looks nothing like Diablo for X reasons...

Caliane

Again, who said arpg? You are bringing Blizzard hate into this thread. People say it looks like Diablo because of a third person view mouse based click/loot game. Not because of anything Blizzard has stated. And Diablo is the gold standard of the sub genre it created. No one but you is claiming anything grander. You can dislike Blizzard all you want, but until Blizzard itself says anything about this game, the hate looks out of place. Instead you could say in your opinion it looks nothing like Diablo for X reasons...
the fuck are you talking about. it looks nothing like diablo at all.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was hoping because Ubisoft was backing it maybe it wouldn't be P2W. Hope it's not.
It's really hard on that kind of game not to be P2W, since there's nothing else to sell on the cash shop. Heroes have very low customability outside of gear (which would be P2W), you don't have outdoor aesthetics to sell (the castles all look the same from outside in that gameplay video... they even say "there are many like it, but this one is mine" in the trailer)... what are you going to sell except coins (you pay everything with coins) and extra castle runs (hence extra XP and gear)?

DMK_sl

shitlord
It's really hard on that kind of game not to be P2W, since there's nothing else to sell on the cash shop. Heroes have very low customability outside of gear (which would be P2W), you don't have outdoor aesthetics to sell (the castles all look the same from outside in that gameplay video... they even say "there are many like it, but this one is mine" in the trailer)... what are you going to sell except coins (you pay everything with coins) and extra castle runs (hence extra XP and gear)?
You have a very valid point and I'd say you are probably right. I'll just hope in vien they have some kind of LoL model or something and you can buy different skins. Or they make money from advertising on loading screens or some shit. Even as I type these suggestions I know they will never happen. Bit of a let down now that it looks like it will defs be p2w.