The most amazing monologues ever

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For some reason, I'm partial to Agent Smith's bit before the burly brawl. Mediocre movie, but it's entertaining spiritual/psycho babble.

taebin

Same trailer, different park

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Unforgiven
Will Munny: All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

Will Munny: You better bury Ned right!... Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches.
Grapes of Wrath
Tom Joad: I been thinking about us, too, about our people living like pigs and good rich land layin' fallow. Or maybe one guy with a million acres and a hundred thousand farmers starvin'. And I been wonderin' if all our folks got together and yelled...

Ma Joad: Oh, Tommy, they'd drag you out and cut you down just like they done to Casy.

Tom Joad: They'd drag me anyways. Sooner or later they'd get me for one thing if not for another. Until then...

Ma Joad: Tommy, you're not aimin' to kill nobody.

Tom Joad: No, Ma, not that. That ain't it. It's just, well as long as I'm an outlaw anyways... maybe I can do somethin'... maybe I can just find out somethin', just scrounge around and maybe find out what it is that's wrong and see if they ain't somethin' that can be done about it. I ain't thought it out all clear, Ma. I can't. I don't know enough.

Ma Joad: How am I gonna know about ya, Tommy? Why they could kill ya and I'd never know. They could hurt ya. How am I gonna know?

Tom Joad: Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then...

Ma Joad: Then what, Tom?

Tom Joad: Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too.

Ma Joad: I don't understand it, Tom.

Tom Joad: Me, neither, Ma, but - just somethin' I been thinkin' about.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy
biggrin.png

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Of course not. You lack vision. I see a place where people get off and on the Freeway. On and off. Off and on. All day, all night. Soon where Toontown once stood will be a string of gas stations. Inexpensive motels. Restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food. Tyre salons. Automobile dealerships. And wonderful, wonderful bill boards reaching as far as the eye can see... My god, It'll be beautiful.

Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Szlia

That will not be helpful, but the first thing that sping to my mind is a part from an art house french film called 'Adieu'. There are multiple storylines in the movie, but one of them follows an illegal immigrant from Northern Africa who writes letters to his daughter. In a couple of them, he tells her the biblical story of Jonah and the Whale (God ask Jonah to go to the corrupt city of Nineveh and preach there, Jonah takes a boat to flee in the other direction, God summons a tempest, Jonah is thrown in the sea and swallowed by a whale, Jonah prays God from the belly of the whale and God makes the whale spit Jonah on shore). The clip bellow is the last letter read over images of a forced extradition and mid way through the story derails and stop being metaphoric (boat-land, whale-prison, God-state) to become directly about illegal immigration. Powerful and chilling stuff.

It took me an hour to translate so you better read it!

Jonah was thrown overboard by the crew, my beloved. He sank in the middle of the storm. Carried away by such a maelstrom that he barely noticed the moment he was swallowed by the gaping mouth of the whale. And so, the terrifying underwater world revolves around his imprisoned body. Then, from deep into the belly of the monstrous animal, Jonah prays to God. And from the great depths, so large that they cannot be measured, as the great whale lies on the ocean's floor, at the most secret of secret, then God hears Jonah. But consider carefully his prayer, my beloved, as Jonah cries nor moans for his deliverance. He feels that this terrible punishment is fair and for his deliverance he relies fully on his God, despite all the suffering he knows. So, God commands the fish and from the deep, dark and frigid waters the whale slowly swims toward the sun. And the fish threw up Jonah and flung him on the shore, at the behest of the Lord who commanded for the second time. And Jonah, my princess, my beloved, broken Jonah, ears ringing as two shells which keep the endless sound of the sea, Jonah executes the order of the Almighty.

If Jonah had always remained what he was in the beginning - a man of no importance, without valid papers, living in a seedy hotel in a bad neighborhood - if he could always have remained that man, then perhaps he would have slipped through. At least in a temporary situation. But God knew that Jonah would sooner or later have the desire to be seen, recognized, with his own house and papers in order and God, my beloved, God spoke one last time to Jonah and he said this: Jonah, my friend, look. There you are again as before. When you're dead and they bury you, your mouth will still be opened, asking the question: 'What did I do?', because all of this serves higher purposes that you do not know and that you must accept without understanding. And you will always remain like that, mouth opened, without ever being able to understand. Now I may have one last thing to say to you: Do not get noticed, do not arouse our attention, remain unknown to us. Maybe one day in the distant future, when none of it will matter anymore, rituals and forms of your downfall will be made public. So maybe, at a time when there will be no more waiting area at international airports or camps guarded by policemen armed with machine guns, maybe then there will be a rehabilitation trial in which we'll learn that you have harmed no one, that you did not do anything really except draw our curiosity. The great truth, the essential truth, is that despite the large number that you represent, you do not matter. I matter. This is what differentiates us. Accordingly, Jonah, my friend, it is imperative that you disappear and that, Me, I remain.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
The Outlaw Josey Wales
written by Philip Kaufman and Sonia Chernus, from the novel by Forrest Carter

Josey: You be Ten Bears?
Ten Bears: I am Ten Bears.
Josey: (spits tobacco) I'm Josey Wales.
Ten Bears: I have heard. You're the Gray Rider. You would not make peace with the Blue Coats. You may go in peace. Josey: I reckon not. Got nowhere to go.
Ten Bears: Then you will die.
Josey: I came here to die with you. Or live with you. Dying ain't so hard for men like you and me, it's living that's hard; when all you ever cared about has been butchered or raped. Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well I've come here to give you either one, or get either one from you. I came here like this so you'll know my word of death is true. And that my word of life is then true. The bear lives here, the wolf, the antelope, the Comanche. And so will we. Now, we'll only hunt what we need to live on, same as the Comanche does. And every spring when the grass turns green and the Comanche moves north, he can rest here in peace, butcher some of our cattle and jerk beef for the journey. The sign of the Comanche, that will be on our lodge. That's my word of life.
Ten Bears: And your word of death?
Josey: It's here in my pistols, there in your rifles. I'm here for either one.
Ten Bears: These things you say we will have, we already have.
Josey: That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another.
Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double-tongues. There is iron in your word of death for all Comanche to see. And so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron, it must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. (he takes his knife and cuts his hand. Josey does the same and they grasp each others hand.) So shall it be.