The Netflix Thread

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Watched Ironclad last night. Was expecting very campy period piece, got a decently acted, but cliche historical fantasy. Essentially a "Magnificent seven" during the siege of Rochester. Has Purefoy. Charles Dance and a lot of other decent actors. If you like Medieval war films, this is worth checking out (Some shaky cam, but the choreography is pretty well done--the guy actually uses his two handed sword like knights did,like a spear that can slash, which is the first time I've seen that in any movie--so it interested me.)

Siliconemelons

Watched Ironclad last night. Was expecting very campy period piece, got a decently acted, but cliche historical fantasy. Essentially a "Magnificent seven" during the siege of Rochester. Has Purefoy. Charles Dance and a lot of other decent actors. If you like Medieval war films, this is worth checking out (Some shaky cam, but the choreography is pretty well done--the guy actually uses his two handed sword like knights did,like a spear that can slash, which is the first time I've seen that in any movie--so it interested me.)
+1 and Paul G as the king, it took me a little to take him seriously but after that... wow... it was a great movie and even had some good 'real' 2h claymore sword bits in it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Probably the wrong thread for this because it was actually worse than I expected but I finally saw There Will Be Blood this week.

Great story for the first 2 or so hours and you expect some kind of huge payoff and then.... nothing. WTF was that ending?

Rime

<Donor>
Europa Report is available on streaming now.

While it is not nearly as good as Moon (which it is compared to - Both being relatively 'indie' space flicks), it was still worth a watch.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Probably the wrong thread for this because it was actually worse than I expected but I finally saw There Will Be Blood this week.

Great story for the first 2 or so hours and you expect some kind of huge payoff and then.... nothing. WTF was that ending?
What? Bro that ending CRUSHES. "I drink your milkshake" is the best line of all time.

And Europa Report was alright. I went in with pretty mediocre expectations and it was better than I thought it would be.

Caliane

Olympus has fallen is on netflix. I am pretty sure it is one of the worst movies of all time. But also so bad its amusing.

Basically, in the line of fire+underseige+Red dawn. and some other movie with an annoying 12yr old actor you want to punch.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
movie 43 was wholly juvenile and i laughed through the whole thing. hugh jackman was amazing in it.
I was like WTF the whole time, then the part where it got cold I laughed my ass off. The rest of the movie was meh.

I was already using an addon called Mediahint to get American Netflix in Canada. Being able to access UK stuff too is pretty neat. Anything you know of on UK only that is worth checking out?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hobbit, cowboys and aliens, doom, faster, zombieland, real steel, pineapple express, green hornet, crank 1/2, justified, torchwood, amelie, all kinds of ghost in the shell, 9, surrogates, unbreakable, pandorum, pitch black etc etc.

It's a pretty huge difference.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is this something that i'd have to watch on the pc? or can i set that on my ps3 to stream from a UK vpn? also... i can't seem to even get this to work in the first place? i don't get it... =(

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
is this something that i'd have to watch on the pc? or can i set that on my ps3 to stream from a UK vpn? also... i can't seem to even get this to work in the first place? i don't get it... =(
If you're really into it, you can get routers with built in vpns and set your connection to wherever country you want. The Netflix on your ps3 will follow suit.