The Netflix Thread

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I am unable to use the service at my job which is a whole 4 miles away then I have no need for the service any longer. I have never shared my information but that is a convenience that I enjoyed with the service. I am not going through all the hassle and will just continue one with Peacock, Paramount+, Amazon and if dropping Netflix will keep HBO Max.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember a few months ago how some of us said this would be the death of Netflix, and then some people tried to big brain it by saying they'd save money with bandwidth costs?

This isn't Netflix of a decade ago. They don't have the content to pull this kind of shit off.

And before someone tries to argue that Netflix did the math, we're talking about the company that paid the Obama's a fortune. The people running companies in 2023 are fucking retarded. How else do you explain DEI and CRT infesting everything?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the fact that Netflix insists on auto-playing the next episode of the show when one ends shows that they care more about ratings than bandwidth. Any time I look at my bandwidth meter and see a spike I know that's a night that I fell asleep watching TV and they played 4 more episodes of the show I was watching while I snored.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
You can go look at investor reports yourself to see spend/revenue. They spent $2.5b in 2022 on ALL tech including servers, bandwidth, engineer salary, etc. Another $1.5b on everyones elses salary.

By contrast they spent $17 BILLION (with a b) on content each year in 2021 and 2022. Thats what they are dialing down now. They have 75m NA customers and 74m EU customers who each pay ~$15/mo ($10, $15, $20 plans) or $2.2 billion a month or $26b a year in revenue (another $5b from LatinAmerica/Asian customers who pay significantly less per month).

I think long term the thing that will bite them in the ass is that they have been going hardcore after reality TV and global TV (Squid Game/Asian, South American, Bollywood, etc) and most of us have seen our reco's filled up more with that shit than English shows. If they start bleeding again Western audiences like they did in early 2022 revenue takes a huge hit.

Right now they are betting more people will sub on their own if sharing cuts some people off, but that seems like a huge risky bet. We'll see. They increased total Western subs by a lot in the last quarter, but that just may be a ton of people subbing during the holidays I would guess.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As long as someone pays, they don't care. The Verizon deal for $25 NFL+ and a full year of 4K Netflix.. doesn't matter if it is Verizon or NFL paying them it's money coming regardless if we lose interest and barely watch anything.

spronk

FPS noob

Sorry Mark Zuckerberg GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Looks more like Moonbeam City to me which I liked. Wish that lasted more than a season.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Netflix keeps telling me there is someone using my account so I can't watch right now. Go to account activity and it was last used 2 days ago and the 3 devices on it are all me.

What a shit show. Canceled it.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That makes sense based on this article that just came out.

When this hits the US, is when you will see a large exodus take place.
Non CNN link:

2023-02-09 10.42.00 ottawa.citynews.ca 565367f5ebb1.png

2023-02-09 10.43.20 ottawa.citynews.ca e127b860da0e.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Im a big romcom guy, but this one was such a dud. They were only on screen together for literally the last 5 minutes. No chemistry at all either.

Steve Zahn was great as always though.