The Netflix Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

butwhy.gif

such an odd thing, i thought squid game was one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and even with fincher there would really be no chance they make it better. Even Squid Game season 2 has almost no chance of being better.

I enjoyed Squid Game, but claiming it's one of the best shows ever is just crazy talk

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
squid game was neat, and I might watcha second season if they made one, but it is a gimmick show that relied 100% on its gimmick for its success. I doubt lightening can strike twice with that one. Calling it one of the greatest shows is ridiculous. Neat gimmick based show is the best I can do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Squid Games was good and something fresh at the time. Nothing groundbreaking. Its success is equal to that of Tiger King. Hit at the right time and quickly faded out.

Caliane

squid game was neat, and I might watcha second season if they made one, but it is a gimmick show that relied 100% on its gimmick for its success. I doubt lightening can strike twice with that one. Calling it one of the greatest shows is ridiculous. Neat gimmick based show is the best I can do.
Calling it a gimmick based show is un-valueing it. it was very well made. very striking visuals, and great characters, and storytelling. One of the best shows ever, is also a stretch in the other direction of course.

That tweet is definitely kindof lulz. the premise comes off as is Squid game was this new and unique idea, that we need to remake and reimagine for American audiences.

The lottery, the running man, the long walk, death race 2000, the most dangerous game, the quick and the dead, mortal kombat, enter the dragon, the hunger games, and so on, and so on..
Hell fucking jousting tournaments and gladiatorial arenas. DEATH GAMES and Tournaments of death are not a new idea.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Calling it a gimmick based show is un-valueing it. it was very well made. very striking visuals, and great characters, and storytelling.
Eh, thats fair. I agree with all three points.

I'm just saying, I think its success depended on the novely of its gimmick.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On the 14th, The Last Kingdom presents it's final iteration to the show. I will of course watch this.

This felt very rushed and all over the place. Wasnt very engaging either until the last half of the movie.

FoH big heads will love this too.

spronk

FPS noob

revenue down YoY, profitable but down, sub growth down. i'm sure password sharing crackdown will fix it though

i still have a netflix sub from the $25 1 year NFL deal (ending in dec) after that i'll sub 2 months a year but at the moment all I am watching is old anime and shows I missed like The Crown and Narcos, zero interest in their new stuff which mostly all looks like garbage

yup, also announced

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They had a second offering after the NFL one, AMC+ or something. Would not be surprised if such deals pop up again once the year is done.

spronk

FPS noob

password sharing crackdown is coming to the biggest market, USA, sometime in the next few weeks

gonna be really interesting to see how normies who don't pay attention to any of this react, i know a lot of people who share their netflix acct with family across state lines. basically you can pay $6-8 more (price TBD) to add another sub-account to your main account and they get their own 2 or whatever screens, but how many people will go along with that

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I get offers to return every week it seems. Never have they offered a good deal on returning, always ordinary price so fuck that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
sharing crackdown in USA happening soon, if you want to use it in more than one house (geolocation IP i assume?) it'll cost $8/mo extra for the extra houses

hope everyone starts cancelling netflix when they get the "fuck you, pay me" alert

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sharing crackdown in USA happening soon, if you want to use it in more than one house (geolocation IP i assume?) it'll cost $8/mo extra for the extra houses

hope everyone starts cancelling netflix when they get the "fuck you, pay me" alert
theres going to be a streaming backlash once all the services start getting locked down and ppl notice paying for hbo+/disney+/netflix/hulu is hella expensive, when you were getting it free from your sister or exboyfriend

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like it would've been smart had they timed it around some big content release. Maybe they don't have that anymore though. Seems like the only thing I ever see is some race swap historical show.

Netflix needs to just die.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like it would've been smart had they timed it around some big content release. Maybe they don't have that anymore though. Seems like the only thing I ever see is some race swap historical show.

They can die after the final season of Stranger Things.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

witcher season 3 comes out in a few weeks so it is sorta tied to that, that'll give them a good idea of who will cave and resub and who stays unsubbed. Also Extraction 2 with Thor around the same time. I'd include Fubar with Schwarzenegger this week but honestly I doubt that many people really care what Arnold is doing now.

Ironically, besides Stranger Things, they really don't have FUCK ALL anymore as exclusives. Their upcoming slate is just disaster after disaster like Three Body Problem from the guys who did game of thrones, live action One Piece which will probably suck and really how many people care, and a bunch of shitty sounding movies with big budgets ala Red Notice, Gray Man, etc.

I got the notice today when I logged into Netflix, I share my account with 2 family members in other cities and it'll be interesting to see how long before they cant watch anymore (today?) or even notice lol. My sub is prepaid till Oct then i'll just use my plex/torrents.

• 1Solidarity

faille

Molten Core Raider
got the notice last night also. We share our account with family members but mostly use Plex so not a major factor for us.

How do they take into account travelling or multiple location? ie, we used to watch netflix at work and at home, which would be two different locations but still just us?