The Netflix Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's statistically expected, the people who still want the service sort out the account situation immediately but the drops happen later. Because cancellations don't show until the end of their month or whatever their billing cycle is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I don;t think this image will ever not be relevant.

1686339070559.png

Anyways, thats the ballgame, expect the rest to follow probably starting with HBO Max, after Netflix releases their quarterlies.

Even if their just maintained subscriptions after the change I cant imagine the amount per month they are saving on bandwidth and server capactiy.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched a show called The Griffon on Amazon Prime. It's only 6 episodes. The costume design is awesome. Got tons of DnD ideas from this show. Going to base a campaign around a tower.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
lotta trailer drops today from netflix for upcoming stuff

i am definitely interested in this, really neat book series but its from the guys who did game of thrones lol. Its also had TWO chinese versions released this year.

the books start incredibly slow but ramp up to pure insanity, this looks nothing like what i was expecting so not sure if D&D went off the rails or not

spronk

FPS noob
onepiece live action 8/31

never seen the anime, i know its like 15 seasons and very popular

• 1WTF

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Word is this is terrible.

I started watching One Piece not knowing there was over a 1000 episodes. I stopped soon after. It wasn't bad, but not good enough for me to watch all of that.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
strong 90 lb womyn vs strong 90 lb womyn the movie

and yeah people don't seem to be happy with onepiece lol show vs anime, something seems different...

wtf.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For a second I thought that had the actress who played Super Girl in The Flash movie. I was thinking "Wonder Woman verse Supergirl" Hell yeah...

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Word is this is terrible.

I started watching One Piece not knowing there was over a 1000 episodes. I stopped soon after. It wasn't bad, but not good enough for me to watch all of that.

One Piece is an amazing story but it's a big commitment to ask anyone to get into. Honestly the start of the show is difficult to get into because it doesn't really get serious until many episodes in. Honestly I think it's one of the top Anime's over the years for a reason.

At the same time, these live action things in English are going to blow pickled pig dick through a straw. This will make the live action Cowboy Bebop look like a goddamn masterpiece by comparison the teaser just screams total aids. It's a shame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Anime live action is pretty much always aids, how do they keep getting this shit approved.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
One Piece is an amazing story but it's a big commitment to ask anyone to get into. Honestly the start of the show is difficult to get into because it doesn't really get serious until many episodes in. Honestly I think it's one of the top Anime's over the years for a reason.
I watched up to where they lost the Merry. So I did commit a bit to it, but I had more time to watch stuff than I do now. Even shows I really like, I just haven't had the time to binge and catch up on lately. Easier for me to find time for movies.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I watched up to where they lost the Merry. So I did commit a bit to it, but I had more time to watch stuff than I do now. Even shows I really like, I just haven't had the time to binge and catch up on lately. Easier for me to find time for movies.

Yeah honestly if you made it that far you gave it more than a fair shot. I meant more that the first 20-30 episodes are tough because they are alot more childish and don't really hook you. The world building overall is great. At the same time I have been watching/reading that show for the better part of 15-20 years now can't remember exactly when I first got into it.. and the # of episodes would be off putting to anyone new to the series. Also much later in the seasons the pacing gets very very fucking slow since instead of doing 2-3 manga volumes per anime they are down to 1 to 1 which doesn't work out the best.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
One Piece is likely going to go down as the greasiest anime of all time. Hate it all you want but there is a reason it’s over 1000 episodes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
One Piece is likely going to go down as the greasiest anime of all time. Hate it all you want but there is a reason it’s over 1000 episodes.
No one is bashing the anime. For me personally, I just didn't like it enough to watch a 1000+ episodes of it. I don't think there is any IP I would do that for. We are mostly saying the live action will be ass.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Netflix's latest animation which lets you know repeatedly in the first 5 minutes what type of people created it.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users