The Netflix Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Danger 5 is the same people who did Italian Spiderman right?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed Stop At Nothing a documentary about Lance Armstrong. I immediately followed it up with the ESPN 30 for 30: Slaying the Badger.

Column_sl

shitlord
I skated/surfed pretty much my whole childhood so I'm bias, but if you like Skateboard documentaries All this Mayhem was good about the Pappas brothers.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Just watched 'Parallels' it's about a group of people who travel to alternate earths, reminded me of sliders, but more gritty which was good. It would make an awesome series, movie was a bit short and they could have visited more worlds, but overall i enjoyed it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Just watched 'Parallels' it's about a group of people who travel to alternate earths, reminded me of sliders, but more gritty which was good. It would make an awesome series, movie was a bit short and they could have visited more worlds, but overall i enjoyed it.
It was actually a tv series pilot originally. Thought it was ok, but the main guy was a bit dull. Would prefer they just did a Sliders reboot.
Also, the hamfisted bullshit way they built the machine that controlled the building was beyond retarded.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
If you like Kung Fu, and enjoy some of the new movies coming out of Asia...

Once Upon a Time in Shanghai.

Good photography, CGI, choreography. Heavy use of filters and I'm assuming CGI, which adds to the atmosphere of the movie (think Sin City-ish)

Story was good, too.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Robocop - reviews were bad and I didn't like the black suit from the commercials, but it was very good through and through.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I love gory scary fucked up movies, and found ABCs of death 2 better than the first. Still quite fucked up, but expected it to be worse than original and wasn't.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Thanks for the rec, really enjoyed it (outside of the cliffhanger heh).

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Watched this last night, good flick, would have been a better series but I liked where its head was at.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Season 2 of Rectify is up. It's a series about a guy that committed a murder at 18 and he's getting out of jail, 20 years later.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Parallels was great. For such a short movie it packed in an absolute heap of story progression. It felt like 4-5 hour long episodes of decent to good TV that cut all the filler and condensed it to a great 80 minutes of film. If Fringe cut all the single episode stuff and just stuck to serious business, this is what it could have been like. I haven't read anything about it's production history but I hope they can continue in a miniseries or film anthology format. As a full length series I could easily see it stagnating and losing everyone's attention if they were to add a bunch of filler dialogue scenes like most shows. Maybe I just feel that way because the characters weren't the focus and were mostly forgettable (not in a bad way). 8/10, would bang again.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 of Rectify is up. It's a series about a guy that committed a murder at 18 and he's getting out of jail, 20 years later.
Thanks for the suggestion, sounds like something I would enjoy.

I recommend Chicagoland to anyone interested in a cities attempt to overcome senseless violence.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Parallels was quite good I thought. Nice update to the Sliders concept but with a titch less silliness. I wonder if they arent farming it around to other content providers and this is why its popped up on the 'Flix

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the suggestion, sounds like something I would enjoy.

I recommend Chicagoland to anyone interested in a cities attempt to overcome senseless violence.
how is rectify, like give me a feel for the show its based off an innocent man, or criminal? kinda curious what type of show it is, cant get a good feel reading imdb, does it get violent?

Caliane

was not a superfan of Parallels. it was ok as a pilot, as noted.
I found the characters annoyingly stupid.

Like, I don't know. I can maybe accept these were 3 people who have never read, played, or watched any sci-fi tv show, movie, game, cartoon, comic book in their lives or something. that the idea of parallel worlds is entirely foreign..
But even with that.. the obvious questions should come up.

Polly shows up, gives them some cryptic bullshit. and then they sit around for 5 hours not talking, then go to sleep and get captured... seriously? they did not sit there and grill the fuck out of her? "tell us EVERYTHING you know about this building, reality jumping etc."
Twice after this, they run off, and somehow think their money will work on alt earths. Polly even stands there and doesn't stop the dude, trying to buy food.

"thats my dad!" uh.. how the fuck do you know that? you dont know where he is. you already clearly established infinate realities. which means, infinite "Your dads". not one even corrected her, saying, it could be an alternate reality version of her dad.

same to be noted, when Polly told them, the building jumps randomly, there is no way back.
Again, not one commented, that their dad left them directions to the building. With, appropriate time. the girl even commented earlier, she felt he meant for them to be there, at that point, to find the building. he wanted them there. Which directly contradicts what Polly said. Their father did know the building would be there, at that point. And, almost certainly then meant the building had been to that reality previously.
granted, they may have wished to keep that info from Polly... But, there is no scene of them commenting on this to each other either.