The Netflix Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
Man. Maybe it was the audience or his constant assumption that Nashville is a little hicktown but I never got above a chuckle during the new Bill Burr special. He just rehashed a lot of jokes and made sound effects way too much of the time. Easily his worst to date.

Have you listened to his podcast? He rants, lol. It's like his personal manifesto. One paragraph at a time.

It's legit kinda weird. Not usually funny at all, but entertaining in a very strange way.

Some of his stage mannerisms creep into it, I think. It makes it sound a bit contrived sometimes. But you know, end of the day, what he's doing is sitting in a room (or walking around a room) talking to himself for ten or fifteen minutes. So he gets credit for just rocking out with his cock out.

And he's a Boston Yankee. OF COURSE he's going to think anything south of maryland is hicksville, USA. I'm sure he's of the opinion that maryland is hicksville, too.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Have you listened to his podcast? He rants, lol. It's like his personal manifesto. One paragraph at a time.

It's legit kinda weird. Not usually funny at all, but entertaining in a very strange way.

Some of his stage mannerisms creep into it, I think. It makes it sound a bit contrived sometimes. But you know, end of the day, what he's doing is sitting in a room (or walking around a room) talking to himself for ten or fifteen minutes. So he gets credit for just rocking out with his cock out.

And he's a Boston Yankee. OF COURSE he's going to think anything south of maryland is hicksville, USA. I'm sure he's of the opinion that maryland is hicksville, too.

I listen to his podcast bits quite a bit. This special was just not great in comparison I think.

Also did he just find out about Koko? She's almost as old as he is. It just seemed like really dated material.

LaGSaLoT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Watched "I am not a serial killer" over the weekend and it was quite entertaining. Acting wasn't fantastic by any means but the story kept me intrigued. Can't say much without spoiling it. Nice horror/thriller movie with more thought in it than jump scares.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore gets 2 thumbs up from me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I never watched Blue Ruin, but the protagonist of it (Macon Blair) was the writer and director of I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. and he has a very very small scene.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ha. didnt even catch that link.

yes if you like this watch Blue ruin. and, green room.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gantz:O
contains just about every anime trope, rendered in eye pleasing cg

recommended if you have, "an eye for tits"

Fap difficulty: medium

• 1Worf

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gantz:O
contains just about every anime trope, rendered in eye pleasing cg

recommended if you have, "an eye for tits"

Fap difficulty: medium

Was that a movie based upon a video game?

Also sausage party is out on netflix.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sausage Party was not that good, in my opinion. Footnote with swearing CGI food and a ham-fisted message about religion. An interesting paper to turn in for a creative writing class, but it just wasn't that great as a movie.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pretty fun watch. Action/adventure pretty gory. Roman soldiers on the frontier of Britannia battling the Picts. Beautiful cinematography and decent acting.

Centurion (2010) - IMDb

I saw this while skimming, was wondering about it. Now I will for sure watch it, thanks for taking the leap. I love anything and everything about Roman and Roman history.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I saw this while skimming, was wondering about it. Now I will for sure watch it, thanks for taking the leap. I love anything and everything about Roman and Roman history.

Basically a elseworlds story possible answer to the 9th legion mystery.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They have thrown some old Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes ahead of next months launch of the new episodes. If you are into that kind of thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the dave chappelle netflix specials are fantastic, A++ recommendation to any chappelle show fans. just watched the first one and laughed the entire time. He definitely doesn't hold back

• 1Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Jim Norton's new standup was really good as well as Chapelle's. I was disappointed in Burr's new one, but a mediocre Burr is still better than 85% of what's out there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Netflix Live

I imagine that it is only for aprils fools, but netlix has this seriously fucked up show where Will Arnett is doing live comedic commentary on toasters and microwaves as they run, I can't accurately describe. It is like a YouTube or twitch video about a kitchen.

I am not making this up, it is really messed up. It''s geniusly stupid because you can't tell anyone without sounding like you trying to do a terrible 'made you look' prank.

Edit : ABORT ABORT ABORT Has Adam Sandler.

Last edited: