The Netflix Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kill Command - better than expected with mostly good moments. bits to think about. reminds me of Spectral . 4/5

Dave Chappell sucked, couldn't watch it all. He was overrated before and he's tired and outdated now. He had moments, but had nothing new to offer. It was like listening to a Dad on the wrong side of the argument. . 2/5

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Netflix Live

I imagine that it is only for aprils fools, but netlix has this seriously fucked up show where Will Arnett is doing live comedic commentary on toasters and microwaves as they run, I can't accurately describe. It is like a YouTube or twitch video about a kitchen.

I am not making this up, it is really messed up. It''s geniusly stupid because you can't tell anyone without sounding like you trying to do a terrible 'made you look' prank.

Edit : ABORT ABORT ABORT Has Adam Sandler.
I've watched one episode of this. What the fuck? How is this a show? I'll admit I laughed when he was ripping on the dude trying to parallel park.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Watched the discovery, easily 3/5 and the premise is fun to think about which in reality makes it a horror film for me cause it's my deepest fear.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dave Chappelle shows were great. Couple of lulls in the Austin show, but they both delivered. The faces of random dudes and girls in the front rows when he would talk about trannies/gays was fucking hilarious. Why go to a Dave Chappelle show and get front row tickets when you apparently don't know Dave Chappelle as a comedian? Some of the cuck-stares were absolutely majestic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched the discovery, easily 3/5 and the premise is fun to think about which in reality makes it a horror film for me cause it's my deepest fear.
It's being describes as Sci Fi Fantasy romance. What kind of movie is this? Horror I'm into. Romance not so much.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's being describes as Sci Fi Fantasy romance. What kind of movie is this? Horror I'm into. Romance not so much.

The romance part is real and would explain the "melodrama bullshit", it's the conclusion of the premise that makes it a horror for me. I'm not going to go into spoilers but if you read the last few pages of the atheism thread I admit my biggest fear about death and it's similar to this movie.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are thoughts on Thumbs versus Stars.
I dislike it. I love scales.
My math friend always said "vote only 1 or 5," so I guess he won.

It just irks me.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I prefer scales as well. I wish they would bring back reviews to their apps as well. Fuck I hate that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Discovery is shit, LOTS of boring parts you just fast forward.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I feel bad for bumping the thread from the second page over this, but I had to at least try and help this show get some views.

The new iteration of MST3K is out and to quote Montgomery Burns "I know what I hate, and I don't hate this."

Watched the first 2 and I like it, they stayed to true to what I liked best about the Joel years.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, is that what the new episodes were? I thought they'd found another movie or two.

Hmm. Will probably watch.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Sep 1st, from the director of Tucker and Dale. Starring two of my favs people, Kate from Lost and Adam Scott

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just binged Atypical on Netflix. A+ would watch again.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Death Note was fucking awful, literally ruind everyhting about it.

• 1Picard

Khane

Been watching an Australian law comedy called Rake on Netflix. Highly recommended.

Rake

• 2Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just want to come in and reiterate the new MST3K episodes are fantastic (although I haven't watched all of them yet). "Cry of the Wild" as a movie legitimately has me concerned for everyone that was involved in making it because there is more than likely some Lovecraftian madness in the air and the commentary felt like it couldn't even do the madness justice sometimes (the maniacal endless laughing when the kid finds the "native" guy in the woods, wtf). "Avalanche" had the commentary take the Airplane! approach of about 0 seconds between jokes because the whole thing was just really off, and I was laughing basically through the whole thing. Almost replayed it right then and there because I knew I must have missed like half of it at least.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Watched Icarus the other day. Documentary about Russian doping.

I'm having a hard time believing any of it is true. Seemed way too convenient how the story went from "I'm going to dope to see what it can really do!!" to "Holy shit I stumbled onto a geo political conspiracy and death abounds!". Mostly because what he originally set out to do (get on a doping program and enter an amateur cycling race) would have been boring as shit to watch and probably never would have seen the light of day.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Watched Cloud Atlas and couldn't tell if it was supposed to be real or a comedy, then I saw that it was a product of the Wichowski Sisters and it made sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Caliane

Sep 1st, from the director of Tucker and Dale. Starring two of my favs people, Kate from Lost and Adam Scott

Pretty mediocre sadly.

This really feels like it was written for Simon pegg and nick frost.
Cold open which spoils the gateway into the final act is weird. Served no real purpose.
The best part of the movie is the fat best friend character, Al, who again, seems to be written to be Nick Frost. is played by a woman. With the entirety of the dialogue written as if the script was a man. Its not addressed at all. Its pretty amusing, and she does seem to be channeling Nick Frost....
But.. that is also sadly the best part of the movie. The rest of the comedy is pretty entry level, pedestrian stuff.

Evangeline Lilly is practically a noncharacter.