The Netflix Thread

Caliane

hrm. let me look at my rating history.

I watch a ton of bad horror movies while working. pretty liberal.
some of this stuff is pretty old. And budget means little to me. some of this stuff is pretty bad in that department.
the afore mentioned stuff. alot of this stuff is pretty clearly b movie laughs.

Things I gave 4 or 5 stars to. some is less horror and more sci-fi, etc. some is not in english. and some may not be on instant anymore.
The pact, dolls, parasitic, timecrimes, the spell, from a whisper to a scream, draculas widow, doomsday book, killer clowns from outer space, I sell the dead, REC 3, insidious, the vampire lovers, to the devil a daughter, 5ive girls, 7 below, kill katie malone, strigoi, invasion of the bee girls, dead cert,

5 stars
the Hole, tucker and dale vs evil, Tamara, wake wood, troll hunter, madhouse, the awakening

the awakening was added recently. its pretty much "the others" part 2.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why do I even have a NF account anymore?

isn't Amazon streaming/Prime like 100x better by now?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Whomever posted the film "love" I must say thank you for the recommendation; however, your consideration of this film as "good" is questionable!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Loved:
Cabin in the Woods.
Better than expected (extremely low expectations):
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

moontayle

Golden Squire
John Dies at the End. Pretty good for a low budget schlock horror. Not sure how close to source material it is though.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
Not even remotely close. The book is infinitely better then the movie. The movie is passable at best if you havnt read the book. If you have read the book, its down right terrible.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only got 15-20 minutes into it before I had to turn it off. I read his stuff on Cracked so I was actually interested in the movie. No thanks.

Animale

Trakanon Raider
Repeaterswas an interesting take on a time travel drama using the time travel physics of "Groundhog Day." Not perfect but I had a fun time with it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't you pay per movie there and not a flat monthly fee for unlimited streaming?
Prime you do not - it's $80 including the free shipping and book borrowing deal (for Kindle) or so for an entire year and has a streaming library like Netflix.

It paled in comparison last I checked for the library to stream though. But if it's ever equivalent I'm absolutely interested in knowing since it's $16/yr cheaper and includes the free 2-day shipping and book borrow.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I did the trial for it, and the selection wasn't any better than netflix (almost identical), and it pissed me off when I'd be browsing and be like oh hell ya I wanna watch that!! but it wasnt a "prime" and I'd have to pay 5 bucks to rent it. I liked the UI on netflix through PS3 better so just stuck with that. If I can get books for a Kindle app (as opposed to actual kindle device), this would probably tip me to Amazon. I'll look into it. Getting free shipping on little stuff I'm too lazy to go to the store for is nice. For the video service, though, I stuck with NF.

Not a movie, but Running Wilde was a great show and is on NF. Will Arnett is does his thing, after the first few episodes he's not quite as GOBish. Overall funny and witty show. The neighbor's Allen Alda impression had me rolling, though in context of why he was doing it. Pisses me off when good comedies get cancelled and stuff like Big Bang Theory (glory tits, I guess) and Two and a Half Men (don't understand) keep getting renewed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the library of titles is almost exactly the same between Prime and Netflix. Problem with Prime is that;

1) It has a much worse interface compared to Netflix
2) They like to jew it up and have per per view/rented titles mixed in with the free stuff which is annoying as fuck

Netflix > Prime

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've never had that problem...there's always a way to filter by prime only on any device I've used it on.
I do almost all my shopping on Amazon, so the 2-day free shipping is nice...and like others have said, the libraries are nearly identical, so I just stick with Prime. Netflix did feel a bit easier to use when I had them both for a month to compare, but that difference wasn't enough for me to keep paying for Netflix as well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Only thing amazon does better is have trailers built in, once netflix gets on that there is no turning back.

Oh and End of Watch is on there now, great bromance movie, teared up a little at the end.

nothingsafe_sl

shitlord
I liked Valhalla Rising with Mads Nikkelson .. about a silent warrior named One-Eye who has superhuman strength and is basically a war machine, originally enslaved to kill for sport.

Caliane

Only thing amazon does better is have trailers built in, once netflix gets on that there is no turning back.

Oh and End of Watch is on there now, great bromance movie, teared up a little at the end.
I was really disappointed with this.

the juxtaposition of the "cops" real camerawork, and talk, with the absurd hollywood gunplay. just ruined any enjoyment of the movie for me.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>

This movie was good until the last scene. No idea who thought that it would be a good idea to run through the entire climax, hit the denouement and deal with all of the tension that had been built up during the big scene and with their friendship and then just crap all over the entire mood of the movie by ending it with them riding around joking in their patrol car. The director basically neutered his own movie in the last 7 minutes.

Z8OT3TV.png

comedy horror. think:

Trailer Park Boyz + Friday the 13th + Scary Movie + Earnest goes Somewhere

nothingsafe_sl

shitlord
Just watched Hobo With A Shotgun with Rutger Hauer. Pretty funny and entertaining. Really over-the-top, with the fake gruesomeness in it too.