The Netflix Thread

Animus_sl

shitlord
Just watched The Gift. Only knew it as a movie with Katie Holmes' tits. Didn't know it was Sam Raimi. Wasn't great but was suprisingly good, if a bit cliche take on the whole southern gothic genre.

dangler_sl

shitlord
I watched both OSS 117 movies over the past two days, I thought that Cairo A nest of Thieves was much better than Lost in Rio (I think I got those names right). But both were good silly fun.

Caliane

Singham. Watch it.

Singham.
checking this out atm. But needed to stop and comment.
Was watching a few ther Indian/Hindi movies a while back.

Its so bizarre. They just break out into English randomly. I mean, one or two words I might expect. Names or slang that has no translation working its way into a language. But this is entire sentences. And not idioms or the like either. Half a conversation will be in English, and half not.

Not related. and it really doesn entirely fit as "being better then expected" as its pretty well known for being amazing.

Primer is on instant currently.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
This may still be on Netflix Instant, its a sci-fi called Pandorum. I thought it was great, the plot twist at the end really came out of nowhere and enhanced the over quality of the movie.

Siliconemelons

This may still be on Netflix Instant, its a sci-fi called Pandorum. I thought it was great, the plot twist at the end really came out of nowhere and enhanced the over quality of the movie.
can't tell if trolling.. It was a "big budget" and mainstream movie... But that said I did very much enjoy this movie.. And its not like this thread is only for 'b list' movies as netflix has many mainstream bigger movies...

but lol anyway yes good movie.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Troll Hunter - Thought it was going to be terrible, but actually wasn't all that bad

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Just watched "My Way", much better than expected and a really good movie, especially if you like war movies. It has four really good and very graphic battle scenes: two in Mongolia, one on the European eastern front and one at Normandy. Gives glimpses of life in the Japanese, Soviet, and Nazi armies. It's all in Korean, Japanese, Russian, and German though, so be prepared for subtitles. Lots of places have been saying its based on a true story, but that's a huge overstatement. In reality, the writer completely made up his own story based on seeing this:

rqqfbqd.jpg

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I startedThe Man from Nowhereat random one night and loved it. The story isnt anything remotely original, but was entertaining.

While I was on a Korean cinema kick I also watched the Korean re-imagining ofCity Hunter. 20 episode series that was pretty badass considering it was just a tv show. It also has nothing really to do with the anime/manga of the same name.
I saw this movie just the other night. I can second the part about not being original. By the end of the movie I had dubbed it "Koreon the Professional" but it was entertaining enough for me to finish it.

As for movies to check out....

Police Story

and Police Story 2

I always liked those two. Some just absolutely brutal stunts in there.

Zarniwoop_sl

shitlord
I just noticed that the Red Riding trilogy (Red Riding 1974, 1980, 1983) are available on Netflix instant. The first one has Andrew Garfield and Sean Bean in it. They are very dark, but well-acted and compelling movies.

Caliane

I watched both OSS 117 movies over the past two days, I thought that Cairo A nest of Thieves was much better than Lost in Rio (I think I got those names right). But both were good silly fun.
Caught oss 117L cairo today.

very good indeed.

Very much Pink Pather type parodies. Not the silly slapstick of most modern parodies post Airplane, Policesquad.

Rime

<Donor>
the tall man with jessica biel is a great watch. a thriller that had me guessing all the way through
The movie was (is?) billed as having something to do with the supernatural. It does not. Other than that, it was an alright film. I did not manage to guess what the ending was until it was on me.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I watched Drive tonight with Ryan Gosling. Not at all what I was expecting. Thought it would be some cheesy racing movie, but it was actually pretty dark andextremelyviolent at parts.

I recommend watching it. Kept me pretty entertained.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I watched Drive tonight with Ryan Gosling. Not at all what I was expecting. Thought it would be some cheesy racing movie, but it was actually pretty dark andextremelyviolent at parts.

I recommend watching it. Kept me pretty entertained.
Yeah, I finally got around to watching Drive a couple weeks ago and loved every minute of it. It is the slowest burn of a revenge flick ever, but the atmosphere is mesmerizing. Everything is so detached, which gives the sudden violence this really jarring and uncomfortable effect. It's probably not for everyone, but those who like it will REALLY like it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Welp.

OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies
Trollhunter
Singham

Yep. All three of those are awesome.

Caliane

It is the slowest burn of a revenge flick ever, .
well thats not really true...

Its filmed like a movie from the 60's-70's. A death wish, Get carter, etc. Yeah, they don't make movies like that anymore. Dredd was like that too. its a 70's movie.