The Netflix Thread

Sulrn

Deuces
same creators of weed i think. that show got shitty real fast...
Weeds was ever good at one point? I thought it just suffered until the kids were mildly interesting then continued to suffer due to how bad an actress Mary-Louise Parker is with her never changing "I need to suck a cock"-face.

Nasonex

Molten Core Raider
Arn the Knight Templar the complete series on netflix. I gave it 5/5. War, love, crusaders, plots... what's there not to like. Great acting, great scenery and a great story.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know it's been Mentioned already so I thought I would add my recommendation for Trollhunter 2010. In case you're wondering, it feels like Cloverfield meets The Blair Witch Project.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If you like Cronenberg's stuff...

Just watched Antiviral... Brandon Cronenberg is definitely his father's son. Excellent stuff. Sound, visual details were outstanding. The pacing was brilliant. I am amazed that people have posted that they did not get the point. The point was very simple, the execution was simply brilliant.

If you do not like slow paced trippy movies, avoid it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I know it's been Mentioned already so I thought I would add my recommendation for Trollhunter 2010. In case you're wondering, it feels like Cloverfield meets The Blair Witch Project.
Saw this, too, some time ago. Definitely an entertaining movie. I'd say it's a must-see for those who like fantasy/monster movies.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
The Road

Watch it tonight. 5/5.
which one? there are 2 on there

Also, just watched "Altered" was better then i thought.
"Fifteen years after the horrific alien abduction of their friends at a Florida farm, four survivors face their enemy and seek revenge."

Brikker

Trump's Staff
which one? there are 2 on there

Also, just watched "Altered" was better then i thought.
"Fifteen years after the horrific alien abduction of their friends at a Florida farm, four survivors face their enemy and seek revenge."
I'm guessing he means the one with Viggo Mortensen. Definitely a good, if very bleak and depressing, movie. Also a great (Pulitzer Prize-winning) book.

Caliane

yeap, gave Resolution a shot from you guys talking about it.
Pretty good for a low budget.

Liked From within and soloman kane as well.
Got got totally overlooked as a number of similar movies came out at that same time. all of which were terrible. like season of the witch.

Siliconemelons

watching Solomon Kane at the moment, only a small chunk in and I am enjoying it quite a bit, imo great production value and they have pulled off the 'artsy' shots without looking film school-y.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
watching Solomon Kane at the moment, only a small chunk in and I am enjoying it quite a bit, imo great production value and they have pulled off the 'artsy' shots without looking film school-y.
When you think about it, it is a rather lower-budget movie made by a Czech Republic company with mostly British actors based on a 90 year old American character, it kind of sounds like disaster waiting to happen.

While Act 1 is a bit long and slow at times and raises a lot of questions without clear answers (the biggest in the first 10 minutes of the film), Act 2 is pretty strong and well done all around, though while it and Act 3 get a bit more "Lord of the Rings", "epic-y" that a Solomon Kaine story probably should, Act 3 is very short, climatic and pretty amazing and pays you off for watching everything up to that point.

I have to say I was rather impressed, as the movie deliberately kept things from you. Again but raising some questions early on, giving you hints around 2/3-3/4 through the film but was sure to explain it all by the end. The final climatic scenes were just terrific as well.

Solomon Kane was a good sign that people outside of Hollywood can make good movies, that is if you still believe movies are a storytelling medium rather than a wankfest of violence, tits and special effects.

(Though I will admit, this movie could have used a few extra bucks to shore up some of its special effect scenes, two or three were just kind of weak due to them doing them digital. If they had more cash they could have done them practical and it would have looked better. Didn't hurt the film as much as kind of make me flinch a bit.)

Mertz_sl

shitlord
Yea I watched it a few weeks ago and it was decently done and the only problem I had with it was the cheesy CGI, but other than that if you're in the mood for a fantasy action adventure film this is a good bet.