The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
When are you people going to learn the impact of cheating is not important. When they go to suspend a player for PEDs it's not like they say "Well he's a second stringer and sucks dick anyways, lets just let him off this time." Patriots have been cheating all post seasons, first running plays before officials can alert the defense about eligible/ineligible receivers, now this. Anything less than a season long ban on Belicheck is a crime against humanity.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Busted Coverage on Twitter:

B79lrUKCMAI-Qq0.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sure seems like people are taking it seriously. Maybe you should open your eyes?

20,000 signatures in one day. 0bama gunna have to step in and do something!
Yes, fans and the media are. Which amounts to a bunch of outsiders. It seems like football people don't give a shit about this (outside of the Colts and Ravens, and a spattering of Dolphins).

If it's a stupid rule that all 32 teams ignore, fine, but you still get a ticket if you're the one the state trooper pulls over for going 10 over when everyone else on the highway is doing the same thing. And the fines and penalties get worse if they keep catching you breaking rules. It shows that you know better and just don't care, like Gilg said. And you're supposed to care, at least in the minds of the people making the rules.
I agree that they'll need to dosomething, but only because their hands have been forced to. And I think it'll be a slap on the wrist because this sounds like something the NFL doesn't even give a shit about, but the media blew it up.

If they didn't punish people for Roids all the players would use them and then sue the NFL for their failing livers. You know, because NFL players are not adults who know the consequences. Kind of like how the players association is suing the NFL for not keeping players who said they were healthy to play out of games because they had a concussion. Proving, once again, NFL players can not think for themselves.

Does it all really matter? Seattle is going to lose anyways because Sherman is on the cover of Madden this year.
I keep seeing stuff like this and it baffles me. Do you really think you can accomplish this physique naturally? Pretty much every NFL player is onsomething. Pretty much every professional athlete period is on something. Would you really risk millions of dollars to not be in the best shape possible if your career depended on it?

rrr_img_88558.jpg

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
of course all athletes are on "something" most probably are using some sort substance that is not on the banned list. some ARE using something on the banned list hoping not to get caught, some guys recovering from injuries are probably on HGH to speed recovery. etc

the ball thing is the last thing the nfl wanted "now" it is going to dominate the SB coverage until the game, then if the pats get blown out- it will be because brady cannot throw a "legal" ball, if the pats win, it will because the pats "cheated" to get there..

almost every retired quarterback they've asked so far has said, they did "stuff" to the balls. sanding some spots a bit more than others so the grip can be a bit better, overinflating, underinflating, etc..

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
But now the NFL has plausible deniability so the gay Players Association can't sue them. Sorry if you thought I was inferring that they don't all take something. That's a totally different discussion. When I played ball some of the guys I played against made the pro's. The guys juicing who made it had much better careers then the guys who didn't and played special teams
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep seeing stuff like this and it baffles me. Do you really think you can accomplish this physique naturally? Pretty much every NFL player is onsomething. Pretty much every professional athlete period is on something. Would you really risk millions of dollars to not be in the best shape possible if your career depended on it?

rrr_img_88558.jpg
Do you really think he walks around looking like that every single day? Because I have a bridge i'd like to sell you.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit Packers fans, Seattle had 6 men on the side they recovered the onside kick. #cheathawks. Put the Packers in the Superb owl!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
more players coming out of the woodwork bewildered why this is a story

Joe Theismann

"I wanted to physically handle the footballs and see if I could tell a difference in them, and I couldn't."

Dan Marino

"The last thing you're thinking about as a quarterback when you get to the line of scrimmage is, 'I wonder if this football is 2 PSI lighter?' "

Doug Williams

"but it could have happened to me, I don't know. When it's cold, the football is going to be harder to catch no matter what the pressure is. But I don't know that I ever would have noticed it, if it was one pound or two pounds more or less."

Darrell Green

"We're talking about a millimeter, which is very insignificant in the scheme of things. To use the term deflated is an over-exaggeration. It's not truly deflated. The only reason this is a story is because it's about this coach who is known for these kinds of things in the past. Otherwise, it would be a non-story."
lol and not a single one of those quotes helps your case even a little bit. You're frothing at the mouth.

I have to admit I chuckled at "Seadderall". Is that actually a performance enhancing drug though? I thought it was for ADHD/studying/getting addicted to.
Hell, quincy carter thought cocain was a PED.

if the pats get blown out-it will be because brady cannot throw a "legal" ball, if the pats win, it will because the pats "cheated" to get there..
I ain't gunna lie, this is my favorite part about the whole thing. But it won't be wet at the superbowl, and I'm guessing brady can throw a legal dry ball.

We need to change the name of the thread. Either add an asterisk after the patriot's name, or change it to cheatriots.

almost every retired quarterback they've asked so far has said, they did "stuff" to the balls. sanding some spots a bit more than others so the grip can be a bit better, overinflating, underinflating, etc..
To be fair, the league recognized that eventually, and everything they have admitted to (at least that I've heard) would be legal today.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What officials? You mean ball boys? They are not league employees. They are either employed by the team or the stadium. That was more like a tip.

Best story that has come out of this whole thing is reading about other ball related incidents in the league. I think my favorite is Nick lowery, jets kicker, who slapped a ball boy in '95 when he refused to scuff up the ball for him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a bunch of butt hurt Colts and Ravens fans as far as that petition goes. Had friends linking that to me last night and I couldn't help but laugh at them. Utterly ridiculous. Azeth I love that your quote list is 3/4 former Redskin greats.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
lol doug williams as a former redskins great.

Wasn't he cut the year after he won super bowl MVP and wound up riding the pine for oakland?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol doug williams as a former redskins great.

Wasn't he cut the year after he won super bowl MVP and wound up riding the pine for oakland?
Yeah, I didn't mean it as "all timer"...but you can't sleep on his Super Bowl MVP. 4 TD's in one quarter? He would have all the SB records had they wanted it that game. It was so bad just in handing the ball off to Timmy Smith (who you ask? Exactly) for the 2nd half he ended up breaking (and still holding) the record for most rushing yards in a Super Bowl.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Getting a chuckle out of cheatercheck's press conference. I hope SNL is live this week. Sounded like he was just going to answer every question with "I already told you everything I know".

Coach Cheatercheck, what's your favorite color? : I've already told you everything I know.

Did anyone else buy that with 40 years in the league, he really had no clues about the NFL football procedure? Really? No idea where those fucking things come from on game day? Really?

Getting a chuckle out of cheatercheck's press conference. I hope SNL is live this week. Sounded like he was just going to answer every question with "I already told you everything I know".

Coach Cheatercheck, what's your favorite color? : I've already told you everything I know.

Did anyone else buy that with 40 years in the league, he really had no clues about the NFL football procedure? Really? No idea where those fucking things come from on game day? Really?
You are so butt hurt from the Patriots reign that it's comical

you honestly might be more butt hurt than Sutekh, which is truly a feat of stupidity