The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Taking back a bet after you make it while mocking someone for doing the same thing? Lolz
I forgot he was the cock sucker who welched on a similar bet, now that Kirun has reminded of us that its really fitting that a scum bag piece of shit cheater is a fan of a sports team who is so similar to him. Also I am retracting the bet before the game, not after I lose like he did there is a subtle difference there but I don't expect you to understand it maybe you can get someone with down syndrome to explain it to you slowly and in a language you might be able to understand.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I forgot he was the cock sucker who welched on a similar bet, now that Kirun has reminded of us that its really fitting that a scum bag piece of shit cheater is a fan of a sports team who is so similar to him. Also I am retracting the bet before the game, not after I lose like he did there is a subtle difference there but I don't expect you to understand it maybe you can get someone with down syndrome to explain it to you slowly and in a language you might be able to understand.
Make the bet with Azeth. Uber never fucking posts anyway.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Saints and Cathan, the Giants and Itlan, both of these superbowls rival the terribleness of this one.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Azeth has been far more relentless and consistent than those two. Of course so have the Pats so that makes sense.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well Cathan probably knew less about football than my shoe. I would say Azeth likely knows more than my shoe at least.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You'll just pussy out if it like your last ban bet.

This Super Bowl is the fucking worst, just like everyone predicted. Probably the two worst football fanbases in existence and it's just wall to wall shit.
The Seahawks were good enough to stomp your shit team the last few years. Your just mad because your pussy is still full of sand about it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Dungy: NFL needs to restrict New Englands substitution game | ProFootballTalk
Jesus McBlackCoach_sl said:
?The NFL is going to have to do something about the Patriots? ineligible-eligible substitution game,? former NFL head coach and current NBC Sports analyst Tony Dungy told PFT by email on Friday. ?It is nothing but an intent to deceive and they are doing it very well. They?re reporting so fast and going so quickly the defense can?t respond. In fact, the officials can?t keep up.?

Dungy believes the officials missed a pair of penalties with this maneuver during the postseason.

?In the Baltimore game, [Shane] Vereen reported as ineligible several times,? Dungy explained. ?If he stays in the game he must report again and continue to be ineligible. He must come out of the game for one play or there has to be a time out for him to play as an eligible receiver. On the touchdown drive Vereen played one play as ineligible and then played the next play in an eligible position. There should have been a penalty.?

The officials also missed a penalty in the game against the Colts, according to Dungy.

?[Nate] Solder reported as eligible correctly but [receiver Brandon] LaFell lined up on the line of scrimmage as if Solder was a tackle,? Dungy said. ?There should have been a penalty for illegal formation. But it happened too fast for the officials.?

The problem is that the Patriots often are taking a legal maneuver and combining it with a hurry-up offense to confuse both the defense and the officials. At field level, the audio from the referee?s microphone isn?t as clear as it is for folks in the seats or who are watching the game at home. Along with the overall confusion that arises when a team tries to snap the ball quickly, it becomes too much for a defense to fairly process ? which is one of the reasons New England does it.
Sinners.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pats were filming a teams defensive hand signals from the sidelines. Before the season the league issued a statement to all teams saying "stop filming teams signals from the sidelines" (it was rampant across the league), Pats said fuck it everyones going to keep doing it so we will, fast forward to week 1, the new head coach of the Jets, who was a former patriots assitant coach called the Pats on it.

Pats got fined and lost a draft pick, learned to film the hand signals from the designated stadium boxes for filming.

Eventually the league got fed up with that and allowed defensive players to have communication via the sidelines just like quarterbacks.
I don't follow the NFL, but filming from the sidelines instead of a designated stadium box sounds like pretty tame cheating.

So they used a deflated ball and filmed from the wrong spot, what else you got Hoss to justify the "constant cheating" statement?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love the new article on espn.com interviewing former Panthers GM bitching about the SB they lost to the Patriots. Goes over the "culture of cheating" etc and how it makes them wonder, even though he acknowledges it sounds like sour grapes. Completely glossed over in the article is the point that apparently 3 of the Panthers O linemen were caught later having bought steroids prior to the SB.

But you know, lets not stress that at all and talk about the Cheatriots only for the entire rest of the article and in the title. That's the kind of shit that pisses me off, it's so obvious that shit is widespread as hell. It's probably not even that the Patriots are "bad at it" and that's why they get caught when others don't. Their continued success puts them in the spotlight and under the microscope more than any other franchise really, and that likely contributes to why they have been "caught" where others haven't. I hate the Pats as much as anyone, and even though I need them to win in order to not lose money next week I'd rather a meteor hit the stadium than to have to listen to "4 rings" etc for Brady/"Belicheat". That said, too much of this shit is over the top whining from organizations who they have beaten.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My favorite part is how they are trying to claim that the weather caused the deflatriots balls to deflate but some how the laws of physics decided to stop working on the other sideline and the colts balls.

I don't understand why so many people can't see the obviously reasonable middle ground with the Patriots. Talking about asterisks or anything like that is pants on head retarded but it really would be nice if they could knock this shit off and just adhere to the rule book. Because yes, the best franchise of the past 15 years should expect to be under the microscope and just deal with it. Everyone try and suppress the shock of knowing that no one is watching every move the Raiders make. The team's attitude is why people want to see them get hammered. Including the stream of denials from Brady and Belichick this week that will probably end up with the poor schmuck equipment manager taking the fall for the whole thing.

Having said all of that, Seattle's string of PED busts was far worse than deflated balls or spygate, IMO. Most in the league since 2011. Maybe people are desensitized to steroid scandals from the last 20 years of baseball or something.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The difference is I guarantee you a huge swathe of players across the league use PEDs. Guarantee it. Yet aside from Bountygate there is no one else in the entire league viewed as a bunch of fucking crooks like the Patriots, and they are, by a shit ton of people. Listen to Simmons podcast from this week. He compares Belichek to Popovic with the Spurs and they wonder why their viewed so differently when they're both curmudgeonly geniuses who spent their whole run with an elite player. Then they realize the difference is Belichek is a huge dickhead who everyone hates, who has no loyalty to anyone, who will push every boundary and cross lines other teams won't. These are Pats fans, basically saying what a shithead their own coach is. He's the kind of opponent you can't trust not to cross the line between gamesmanship and dirty, and every competitor hates people like that.