The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just amazing.. Was watching this on stream with my eve corp (mostly pats fans...) my stream was a few seconds behind the others and the sudden jubilation when Seattle had the ball at the one.. I couldn't even believe it was a INT until i saw it.. Never imagined that could happen.

As a pats/new england sports fan i have not wanted a championship like this since the Sox in 04... This might be one of our last chances to win with one of those old 00's sports idols. With all the people attacking Belli and Brady...

Most exciting SB ending ever!+
You should go out and celebrate, maybe drink a whole bunch and then drive around a lot.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Not handing the ball to Lynch at the end there has got to be one of the worst play calls in the history of sports.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not handing the ball to Lynch at the end there has got to be one of the worst play calls in the history of sports.
Seems like we had quite a few of those this postseason.

Somewhere Mike McCarthy knows his job just got even safer when it totally shouldn't be.

Araxen

If this were a madden game, where I go for it on every 4th down and kick an onsides kick every time I kick off. I still fucking run the ball in that situation. Wow.
QB Sneak on the 1 is an auto-TD in Madden. Pete Caroll should play more Madden.

They had one timeout. I just don't see how you don't run there. Lynch is so hard to bring down. You can only blame Pete Carroll for that and that makes me happy. Fuck that douche but also fuck the Pats. lol

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Collinsworth just mentioned that Lynch is 86% converting 3rd and 1. So yeah, let's throw a slant on 2nd and 1!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What makes it so much dumber of a call Is that the best case scenario is to run the ball and not make it in causing the Pats to use their timeout or run more time off the clock. There is absolutely no reason to throw in that situation

Renault

N00b
As someone who was leaning towards NE but didn't care that much about either team I'm mainly just glad that we got an awesome entertaining game unlike the shit-fest that was last years Super Bowl.

He said the play was called because New England brought their goal line package in. What else would be out there given the threat of Lynch and Wilson running the ball?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly it's not even that they threw it. It's the fact that the box was stacked at the goal line and they throw an inside slant right into the stacked box. Makes no sense at all. I could see a fade or flare pass on that situation, but a slant?

Merrith

58717847.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly it's not even that they threw it. It's the fact that the box was stacked at the goal line and they throw an inside slant right into the stacked box. Makes no sense at all. I could see a fade or flare pass on that situation, but a slant?
He meant to press B but hit A instead. It happens.

Araxen

It only takes six Pats to take Lynch down! Let's pass the ball!

Congrats Pats is all you can say and I'm glad it wasn't the Cowboys this happened too. Can you imagine? Gifted a miracle pass reception and then INT? The Romo jokes would be nauseating.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I still think Wilson wanted the TD for MVP. No other explanation.
Pete took one for the OC in the press conference.. but it was a called play by Bevell. Wilson doesn't roll that way. They all wanted Marsh to be MVP to rub the NFL's nose in shit.