The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Gronk is going to get hurt if he tries to smash his way through that defense.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy hell, cant believe we won in Denver. Not getting my hopes up, last time was ugly in NE

Crazily

N00b
Superbowl is about 6 miles from where I live....seriously considering forking over the money to see NE vs Seattle (IMO). 2 bucket lists at once.......

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Why does everyone think Seattle is such a lock? The D has looked good but they havent faced a good qb since like October/Novemberish? I think GB has a pretty good chance. Same with Pats if that ends up the SB.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just checked stub hub to see, they start at $2500
Plus its a fucking over commercialized shit show. I'd go hang out outside if it was near me maybe. I looked at it in 2012 but I was like yeah, fuck that. I saw Ray's last dance at home in the wild card round, that was good enough and probably a better experience than sitting in the rafters of the superdome would have been.

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why does everyone think Seattle is such a lock? The D has looked good but they havent faced a good qb since like October/Novemberish? I think GB has a pretty good chance. Same with Pats if that ends up the SB.
They destroyed the same QB in week 1, when he was healthy. Granted, their running game is better now but unless Rodgers can really move around and uses all of the field effectively, it's not going to be close in my opinion.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I don't think its a lock, any given Sunday. That being said I think Seattle is a better team. Particularly with Rodgers hurt. Packers going to be biting their pillow like Rodgers roommate when Seattle is done.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Seattle's biggest obstacle to the Super Bowl was yesterday and falling for the trap game. Anyone who thinks any of the teams left stand any chance of beating them is delusional.

Green Bay stands zero chance of going into C-Link and winning that game. Aaron Rodgers still won't be healthy, that crowd will stop him from running the offense the way he likes and all Seattle is going to do is use the entire nation thinking they should have lost the Fail Mary game as bulletin board material (yes, Seattle is still butthurt that people think they should have lost that game).

Then come Super Bowl time, no coach in NFL history has been better at getting his team ready to go for prime-time games than Pete Carroll and you don't get any more prime time than the Super Bowl.

Sherman will be holding the Super Bowl trophy once again asking Brady if "he is mad, bro?"

*edit: For the record, I'm a 49ers fan.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
His roommate is Olivia Munn.

Colts gonna get spanked. I think the Pats have shot vs the Seahawks, but it's a scary team. Chancellor may be the only guy in the world who can cover Gronk.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

Colts gonna get spanked. I think the Pats have shot vs the Seahawks, but it's a scary team. Chancellor may be the only guy in the world who can cover Gronk.
It is now...but before that it was Kevin.

Stave

Potato del Grande
They destroyed the same QB in week 1, when he was healthy. Granted, their running game is better now but unless Rodgers can really move around and uses all of the field effectively, it's not going to be close in my opinion.
Week one means jack shit. GB is leaps and bounds better now than they were in week 1 where they had one of the worst D's in the NFL. By your logic, GB would beat NE hands down in a Superbowl against them because they beat NE earlier this year. Yes GB is at a disadvantage because of Rodgers injury, but they also just beat Dallas and Detroit with Rodgers injury. And GB has always played better and harder in "underdog" situations. GB's downfall is usually overconfidence in games like Bucs. There are 4 teams left and all 4 stand pretty solid chances at this point, and to discount (double-check) GB would be idiotic at this point. I do hope that Seattle underestimates GB though.

I predict NE-GB XLIX. Sure as shit hope it's not Seattle/NE though as I couldn't think of a gayer/more boring game where I hate both teams equally. At that point I'd probably only watch to hopefully see Brady, Belichick, Sherman, and Russell all kill each other and Gronk t-bag their bodies Halo style.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Olivia can't bite the pillow from time to time? She looks like a pillow biter to me.

I hope the Colts go all the way. The other three teams are such boring picks.