The Newsroom S2

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah, the reason reese get kicked out its because of the event happened in the previous season finale where Will call the tea party the american's taliban. Reese specify that to charlie in a sarcastic way during lunch with his mother and charlie. That is also why charlie take out will from 9/11 anniversary broadcast.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ahhh, gotcha. Maybe the Twitter stuff just has to do with a totally unrelated event? I don't know, it could be a setup. But Reese doesn't seem smart enough to pull that off.

And WTF happened to the recording? Did they accidentally record over it or something? That's bullshit. Everyone in this show is conveniently stupid at the most convenient times.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Ahhh, gotcha. Maybe the Twitter stuff just has to do with a totally unrelated event? I don't know, it could be a setup. But Reese doesn't seem smart enough to pull that off.

And WTF happened to the recording? Did they accidentally record over it or something? That's bullshit. Everyone in this show is conveniently stupid at the most convenient times.
Yeah the recording stuff was stupid. Like the bus stuff. Or Don's chair. Or the medicine side effects story. Oh jesus, so much bad shit, you don't realise until you look back like this >.<

Anyways, as for the tweets, they had specifically located them to the region the operation took place and the timeframe required so they are definitely connected to what they were looking for. The conveniently timed faxes arriving just as they were shutting it down (oh god, add that to the above list) gives the temp exec producer the ammo he needs to get his story onto the air but right now we have no idea where they are going with it.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have to go to a special place in order to make it through this show. There are just too many things which are too fucking stupid to make it through with a normal mindset. I was sooo close to shutting it off and deleting my DVR timer after the first 15 minutes of S2E1. I made it through the whole first season but it was just so shocking coming back after not having watched it for a while.

Szlia

I love these slapstick comedy moments in the show like the chair or Will unable to put his pants on (previous season). It reminds me of Dream On.

As for the tweets my guess is that their were sent then by the guy they interviewed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
God. Don's chair. That was the most eye roll moment for me so far.
I would roll my eyes but I've actually done the same thing. Both the chair tinkering and the subsequent flipping over the back of it.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It went from stupid to low brow sitcom shit when he fell over the second time.

However, overall I have found this season less eye-rolly, probably entirely because Jim and Alison Pill are separated. This actually makes me less excited to watch the show since it's so much more fun to hate it when it goes off the rails.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I love these slapstick comedy moments in the show like the chair or Will unable to put his pants on (previous season).
Pretty much this. There were similar scenes in the West Wing -- for example when Josh and Tobi missed the motorcade and got stuck in middle America. Then, there was the whole thing with changing time zones in the same episode...

It's funny because it's not that far from the truth. People who are absolutely brilliant at what they do are, quite frequently, exceptionally incompetent at things any normally functioning person should figure out.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
hahahahaha

"We need something to fall out of the sky right into our lap or it's all over"

cocaineSorkin is just plain trolling us now, right? RIGHT? >.<

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
hahahahaha

"We need something to fall out of the sky right into our lap or it's all over"

cocaineSorkin is just plain trolling us now, right? RIGHT? >.<
That was pretty awful, but this was one of our favorite episodes of the season. Expected so much worse of the Africa trip.

Thought Gary got tagged when he tripped, and thought loading them into the bus was going to set the stage for a faceless but horrible explosion taking out all the kids (+ Gary for good measure) and a military group or something coming the next morning and finding just Maggie or something. Thought this would have been drug out a couple episodes too.

Hoping the Genoa stuff exceeds my expectations because I kinda hate most of that storyline.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It went from stupid to low brow sitcom shit when he fell over the second time.

However, overall I have found this season less eye-rolly, probably entirely because Jim and Alison Pill are separated. This actually makes me less excited to watch the show since it's so much more fun to hate it when it goes off the rails.
This completely. No Jim+Pam and I really enjoy the show quite a bit. He's back now though so this bullshit will just start right back up. Ugh.

Szlia

- Deus Ex Machina is still lame, even if you joke about it.

- 'Superhero journalists' is a bit retarded, even when you write the bonding between the kid and Maggie, considering the kid is presented as a relative of the guy in charge of the orphanage.

- The flash back of the kid touching the hair was already heavy handed, but adding the lines that follow? Please!

But I will agree the Africa stuff ended up being a lot better than I feared. After episode one, when all we knew was that she had a traumatic experience in Africa I assumed they would base her story on the journalist that got raped on Tahrir square or something, so I was more than a little worried.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
There is so much that I like about Newsroom, last episodes escalating insult-fest towards the OWS lass (especially Olivia Munn, easily the best character on the show) the M*A*S*H callback with the little lad on the bus and Will having a vaguely human moment with the OWS character again later on for example from this week.

It's just the amount of shit you have to sit through to get the nuggets, e.g. the Jim/Meyrl Streeps daughter plotline was terribad but even worse he is now back in the office with crazyMaggie.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This show is definitely better than it was but holy shit people talk too fast.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Damn you guys can't even enjoy mild humor involved with your quick witted writing? The chair bit I think was hilarious. He's trying to show how hard Don is working to be a legit Producer, but fucks up no matter what he does. It's supposed to have comedic attachments to it.

That said, the recording thing was dumb. That's a cop out.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There is so much that I like about Newsroom, last episodes escalating insult-fest towards the OWS lass (especially Olivia Munn, easily the best character on the show) the M*A*S*H callback with the little lad on the bus and Will having a vaguely human moment with the OWS character again later on for example from this week.

It's just the amount of shit you have to sit through to get the nuggets, e.g. the Jim/Meyrl Streeps daughter plotline was terribad but even worse he is now back in the office with crazyMaggie.
Now watch Sloan be the one who was fired and she's replaced by the blonde from the campaign.