The Newsroom S2

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Its already clear that the one who was fired is Jerry Dantana.
I figure he'll be scapegoated/marginally-reasonably terminated, but wonder if they'd go another direction with it. Hard to see them firing someone else though.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't know, out of nowhere she seems to have some horrible scenes where it's not just the writing fucking it up. The recording bullshit and the deus ex machina with the OWS retard were both fucking awful. I still enjoy watching this show though.

Allison Pill's face scares me sometimes.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Olivia needed a writer that can write for her. She put herself out there in the past, and often became a laughing stock. Glad she found something.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My problem with the Olivia Munn character is that, knowing her personality, Sloan's introverted/socially awkward behavior seems really forced and not well acted. It just doesn't seem believable. I understand that she is supposed to be the absent minded super genius, but it just doesn't always work for me.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
My problem with the Olivia Munn character is that, knowing her personality, Sloan's introverted/socially awkward behavior seems really forced and not well acted. It just doesn't seem believable. I understand that she is supposed to be the absent minded super genius, but it just doesn't always work for me.
It was the same thing with Rob Lowe as Sam Seaborn in the West Wing. They're basically the exact same character, just rerolled. Both of them were pretty unbelievable when I started watching. Sam grew on me around season 2-3 of West Wing. Sloan is growing on me too.

Her lines about Kodak stock cracked me up.

Szlia

I disagree, I think the whole episode was great, which is no small feat considering how many storylines were meshed. If we want to nit-pick, you could say being sued for assault is probably more damaging in the eyes of your bosses than a sex tape.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't go full retard with the Zimmerman story. At least... not yet.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
If we want to nit-pick, you could say being sued for assault is probably more damaging in the eyes of your bosses than a sex tape.
I found that aspect highly distracting and cliche, especially with her wing man in tow. It started strong with Sloan lying to her bosses, recanting, and appearing rather unapologetic. It was downhill from there. The resolution was boring nonsense. Ultimately, the episode was okay. What was going on with Will, while well acted, was predictable. The ending was a great moment. I did find the episode entertaining. I do think it has merit. I wouldn't call it great, but I don't regret half-watching it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. In all honesty as much as I enjoy tearing this show apart for all its dumb moments, I would say I do generally enjoy watching it. The acting is overall plus and season 2 has been much better with there being more story lines outside of Will/Mack and Jim/Pam. I really like Don's character too so this last ep being sort of Sloan centric didn't bother me.

Also, I'm far less annoyed by the made up Genoa arc (based on a true story or not) which was created for the shows purposes as opposed to them cherry picking politically controversial stories and fake reporting on them as the true liberal news mecca should have given 20/20 hindsight and no regard for viewer ratings or pressure from their superiors. I hope we see more stuff like Genoa in the future. It seems way less pretentious.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'm wondering if that so-called tip from the Navy spy chap is going to turn out to be the red herring that ends up catching them out bigtime.

The Sloan story was what it was, I presumed she figured she could get away with assault as at the trial it would come out why she did it and Mr Topshot Analyst Broker dude would be made to look an even bigger twat. Or Sorkin gives no fucks. Talking of which, I read after watching this weeks episode that the picture thing actually happened to Munn irl?! Presume he asked her really nicely and didn't just say "Here, relive a really shitty part of your past!"

Maggie and Jim still need to be fired into the Sun. Neal used to be an interesting character but he has been shite this season so far. Reduced to telling Will about some shit on Twatter >.<

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The Will/Neal/Twitter stuff seems entirely unbelievable. There is no way that Will cares what some random person is saying about him on Twitter. He barely cares what people think about him if they are co-workers, much less a random anonymous internet person.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Will has shown throughout the show to be extremely concerned about what viewers think of him, he just doesn't act like it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found that aspect highly distracting and cliche, especially with her wing man in tow. It started strong with Sloan lying to her bosses, recanting, and appearing rather unapologetic. It was downhill from there. The resolution was boring nonsense. Ultimately, the episode was okay. What was going on with Will, while well acted, was predictable. The ending was a great moment. I did find the episode entertaining. I do think it has merit. I wouldn't call it great, but I don't regret half-watching it.
Did she lie? I just thought she kept her mouth shut while Charlie and Reese argued about whether or not it was her and whether or not that even mattered. Then she finally spoke up and admitted it was her and explained the story.

and yeah, Will gives many fucks as to what people think of him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
She says at one point that she lied, so yes there was a denial off-camera before the episode started.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, said she lied, it's her, and then she admitted there were more.