The Official Guitar Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
First I've heard of them. The Romeo-SC looks fantastic.

EDIT this custom job looks incredible

ER4_CustomEdition_1116a.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Eastman has been a quiet winner for a quite a while. The build quality is strong and price still fairly low, though people are catching on and lately costs are start to rise.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Eastman has been a quiet winner for a quite a while. The build quality is strong and price still fairly low, though people are catching on and lately costs are start to rise.

Yeah the reviews are amazing. But I want to actually play one. I'm very picky about neck profile and fret accessibility and I need to play one before I dump $1500 on a guitar. Unfortunately all the guitar shops are closed right now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pedal still isn't here today. Priority shipping from Indiana to Michigan. Last tracking update said it left Indiana and nothing since. Been telling myself that I'm just being paranoid but meh that really reeks of a USPS employee that recognized a Sweetwater package and got away with it or some shit... Not being scanned IN anywhere five days after being scanned OUT, and it's Priority mail? Those boxes stick out you don't misplace those. Blah.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wouldn't worry about USPS employees. That's a federal crime and they have a full division that all they do is investigate mail fraud by employees (they even are armed, it's serious)

Shipping anything lately has been a crapshoot.

Check out this package I ordered. UPS failed to deliver it for a week straight. I had to change delivery to a pickup location to finally receive it.
Screenshot_20200513-103001.png
Screenshot_20200513-102951.png

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got my Jp160 last week via fed ex. It took proaudiostar a week to ship it because of bat aids, but fed ex had it here in 4-5 days. Proaudiostar did offer a discount on my next order because of the shipping delay. Happy with the guitar. The main music man line must be phenomenoal because the sterling is great. Fretboard feels great, no sharp edges. Came with a serviceable gig bag.

4KP7_nF5Qgi7P06hQ8x8Dg.jpg
dcoWdGwAReyurXQuVuzlhA.jpg
Epy5SYjXSO2ZpkzEO7poew.jpg
GWoRHHEbTGGxOKi4IARO5g.jpg
IMG_20200512_104241.jpg
SPoTCBQ_Ruiwbeox-RUh0Q.jpg
wLw31mtTSbSV5zMB2g2sEA.jpg
YyG9e-D5SKC7-uOOsKb0zw.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pedal still isn't here today. Priority shipping from Indiana to Michigan. Last tracking update said it left Indiana and nothing since. Been telling myself that I'm just being paranoid but meh that really reeks of a USPS employee that recognized a Sweetwater package and got away with it or some shit... Not being scanned IN anywhere five days after being scanned OUT, and it's Priority mail? Those boxes stick out you don't misplace those. Blah.

I've ordered a number of things from them lately. It all came free shipping and they send it Fed Ex and was delivered in two days. Once on a Sunday. Beats ordering stuff where the last leg of it comes via the USPS which I am not a fan of in the least.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't worry about USPS employees. That's a federal crime and they have a full division that all they do is investigate mail fraud by employees (they even are armed, it's serious)

Shipping anything lately has been a crapshoot.

Check out this package I ordered. UPS failed to deliver it for a week straight. I had to change delivery to a pickup location to finally receive it. View attachment 271056View attachment 271057
I've ordered a number of things from them lately. It all came free shipping and they send it Fed Ex and was delivered in two days. Once on a Sunday. Beats ordering stuff where the last leg of it comes via the USPS which I am not a fan of in the least.

Just so damn weird that the last update was "depart facility" then it never made it to the next facility. So gotta ask if it even made it on the truck, or if it did make it on the truck if it made it off the truck at the Flint sort facility it should have showed up at later that night.

It was buried in a phone menu and then the phonebot had to text me the link but I found a way to flag shit like this on the USPS website to have someone look at it.

And yeah man I wish my Sales Engineer told me the free shipping was gonna be USPS, I might have even paid for FedEx with the BS the USPS is dealing with right now

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Everything I have ordered till last week came on time or early but not this week

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Helix came in today. Stoked to dive into this thing! Didn't take long to arrive at all. Even arrived a day early.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have experience with Eastman guitars? Reviews make them sound like they're what Gibson should be. I've always loved the look of a Les Paul but Gibson guitars just never did it for me. They definitely aren't worth the price. But these Eastmans look pretty and legit and the reviews are very good.

Can only speak to their acoustic line, but their premium dreadnoughts and GA’s are wonderful guitars and have a really rich, full sound with awesome projection. I would say they’re every bit as good as an upmarket Martin or Gibson in tone. In fact, I bought a new acoustic myself this week and had a damnable time deciding between an Eastman cutaway and a Breedlove full Myrtlewood. Ended up with the Breedlove because of how rich the Myrtlewood sounded, made in USA (and uniqueness of the wood), but walked away really loving what Eastman is doing. I’d avoided them previously because many are Chinese made on assembly lines, but whatever they are doing sonically is working so more power to em.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Breedlove are fantastic, congrats. Friend of mine lives fairly close to there shop in Bend. I've thought about stopping to check it out but never have.

• 1Solidarity

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking at a couple 2x12 cab's. Can anyone give me a good usability reason to go with one over the other? I haven't messed with amp heads or cabs so I'll be figuring it out as I go if I get one. I like the vertical for the way it will sit, but being able to do stereo sounds cool even thought I don't know why I'd want to do that? These are thomann's budget Cab's. They sell them cheaper than the cost of the speakers usually.

Horizontal - L & R inputs. 16 ohm stereo and 8 ohm mono.
  • Equipped with: 2x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
  • Power rating: 120 W at 8 Ohm or 2 x 60 W at 16 Ohm
  • Inputs: 2x 6.3 mm jack
  • Mono / stereo switchable
  • Housing made of 16 mm poplar plywood
  • Grille with decorative strips
  • Made with black Tolex
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 520 x 742 x 300 mm
  • Weight: 25 kg
  • Suitable protective

Vertical - 8 ohm input. Through output.
  • Equipped with: 2 x 12" Celestion Vintage 30
  • Power rating: 120 W
  • Impedance: 8 Ohm
  • Made with black Tolex
  • Decorative strips
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): 49.5 x 65.8 x 35.5 - 29.5 cm
  • Weight: 24 kg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Matchless DC30 model on the Helix is fantastic. Like I said, I haven't been digital in 12-13 years. The tech is so much better now. You can really dig in. The dynamic response is impressive.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Helix came in today. Stoked to dive into this thing! Didn't take long to arrive at all. Even arrived a day early.

Lol rub it in!

For real tho, in my continued oddyessy...The local Postmaster called me yesterday to let me know he got my inquiry and was going to personally look into it. I got the impression that he was looking for an excuse to get away from the chaos up front lol but hey I'll take it.

And then today Sweetwater told me that if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow they'll FedEx me a replacement order. So I should have it by this weekend, I hope, assuming that the fucking dam that burst nearby isn't going to affect shipping haha (I mean, not that me having my pedal late is as bad as having to evacuate like some of my friends, but still, what timing :p )

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still waiting for my package as well, a main hub somewhere or something must be completely overworked right now.(or multiple)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm looking at a couple 2x12 cab's. Can anyone give me a good usability reason to go with one over the other? I haven't messed with amp heads or cabs so I'll be figuring it out as I go if I get one. I like the vertical for the way it will sit, but being able to do stereo sounds cool even thought I don't know why I'd want to do that? These are thomann's budget Cab's. They sell them cheaper than the cost of the speakers usually.

Horizontal - L & R inputs. 16 ohm stereo and 8 ohm mono.
  • Equipped with: 2x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
  • Power rating: 120 W at 8 Ohm or 2 x 60 W at 16 Ohm
  • Inputs: 2x 6.3 mm jack
  • Mono / stereo switchable
  • Grille with decorative strips
  • Made with black Tolex
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 520 x 742 x 300 mm
  • Weight: 25 kg
  • Suitable protective

Vertical - 8 ohm input. Through output.
  • Equipped with: 2 x 12" Celestion Vintage 30
  • Power rating: 120 W
  • Impedance: 8 Ohm
  • Made with black Tolex
  • Decorative strips
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): 49.5 x 65.8 x 35.5 - 29.5 cm
  • Weight: 24 kg
Not really any reason for one over the other. Keep in mind v30s are extremely bright. They were too much for me

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Vertical will project better than a horizontal will, especially for an audience if you are gigging. Forgot one of the other main reason, space saving with vertical

• 1Like