The Official Guitar Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I normally play clean with my tele with nothing but a compression pedal and a looper. Got a multi Fx pedal as a gift to try out some other things before I go with a single pedal. I gotta dive in and figure out how to do a firmware update. I can program the pedal with via USB but can't firmware update says can't open midi. Drive I would imagine. Works without the update so I'll look into it later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I got another offer on Reverb on new Ephiphone ES 339, $75 off. I could see this could become very expensive quickly.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bought the epiphone es339 for $399 off reverb new. Been playing around with the multi effects today. So far just learning as mentioned only played witn a compression pedal and looper before. Not bad for $100 to get a taste of all the stuff before going for each pedal. Zoom G1X Four.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What are some of the better processors/modelers for playing through headphones? I'm so out of the loop with those these days. Last time I was digital was the DigiTech GNX3 era. I'm tired of having to be cognizant of my volume. Sometimes I wanna rock out at midnight and that can't happen in my unit. Maybe a headphone amp would be an easier option.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
JHS made a good video on Behringer pedals. There are several that are identical to Boss pedals and for the most part they all sound good.

i use a Behringer digital delay, yeah just as good as the Boss one it's ripping off. and am probably going to pick up their Compressor/Sustainer.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What are some of the better processors/modelers for playing through headphones? I'm so out of the loop with those these days. Last time I was digital was the DigiTech GNX3 era. I'm tired of having to be cognizant of my volume. Sometimes I wanna rock out at midnight and that can't happen in my unit. Maybe a headphone amp would be an easier option.

heck, i used to use the Direct out on one of my pedals back in college to do this. can't remember which shitty distortion i was using then. it didn't sound the greatest but it got the job done.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Get an interface like a Scarlett and the world is your oyster.

The NeuralDSP stuff is amazing

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Bass waza-air is pretty interesting but seems kinda pricey @ $400 but maybe not since it is wireless as well.

Orange OMEC Teleport is a simple interface I've thought about grabbing since it's only $140 and basically plug into the end of your pedalboard and go. It should also work with standalone plugins.(NeuralDSP/Bias/Whatever)

Or go bigger like what Noodleface Noodleface is saying, all of my gear ends up plugged into my Apollo Twin in a variety of ways.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well I have a Firebox. Bit older interface, but I've used it for Reaper many times in the past.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can demo all the Neural DSP VST's for free for two weeks or something. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. I've found tons of free VSTs, tons of demos for most products. Once you have an interface setup, it's just finding which VST you like best. They sound... surprisingly good.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heave metal pedal is uh, heavy. Been playing with it and it's easier to manage if I use it in combination with the tube overdrive pedal. On it's own it's way too much. I like the joyo wah/volume combo. I'm a wah novice, but I can tell it's going to be fun. And the volume thing is nice to have around. I have a super fuzz, ultra metal, compressor/sustainer + noise gate on back order.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
it's easier to manage if I use it in combination with the tube overdrive pedal. On it's own it's way too much.

This is the behavior of most distortion pedals in my experience. I never have a distortion pedal on without an OD pedal pushing it. It sounds fake and tinny without the extra boost.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We used the HM2 on our lead Channels but went light on our gain and dimed the pedal. That should put some hair on your chest

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been a fan of the 2 tube screamers since I was probably still a teenager. I've been slowly looking into the idea of making a single pedal with 2 of them in it like similar to Analogman's King of Tone. Another I like is the Strymon Sunset. Spendy little buggers tho.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lol ya. I did have my first Tube Screamer before I had even heard of Phish.

EDIT just saw Bias FX2 is going to mobile soon.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You can demo all the Neural DSP VST's for free for two weeks or something. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. I've found tons of free VSTs, tons of demos for most products. Once you have an interface setup, it's just finding which VST you like best. They sound... surprisingly good.

The Quad Cortex looks and sounds amazing.