The Official Guitar Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Seventh, you throw an Evertune bridge on any of your guitars? That seems like something you'd be out ahead of. They're apparently working on bass versions and I'msupertempted to try one out as soon as they release. I'd love to hear someone I trust give a review though.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I haven't, but I'm buddies with Ola and he loves them. I played his S7s when SFU played here in Boston, but he didn't have an Evertune one with him unfortunately.
frown.png

I'd definitely love to get my hands on one though, but they require a shitton of routing so retrofitting one to a fiddle that I have now wouldn't really work for me. I'll certainly pick one up eventually though, most likely one one of his new Washburn sigs (which should be reasonably affordable and easy enough to punt on if I end up not liking it.)

Ideally I'd like to see Carvin offer them as a custom shop option. I own a bunch of fancy cork sniffer shit and to this day myCS4 Singlecutis the best playing, best sounding guitar I've ever laid my hands on. I'd love, love, love to have a seven string version of it with an ET in it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Carvin's quality control I think has always been wonderful. They're one of the few mass market brands that I would feel comfortable purchasing something pricey without playing ahead of time (and I have). They're right up there with PRS in build quality in my eyes. That single cut you linked is right up my alley to. I love minimalist guitars and I really dig on the no inlay look. I had something similar from them in a minimalist vibe with their single cut tele style body. Ebony board no inlays, natural finish. It was a really well build guitar. Ended up trading it once I started picking up bass. Wish I wouldn't have.

I wish they had a bass body style that I was a fan of. Their ordering process is pretty wonderful.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have two Carvins and I think they're great guitars. My SC90 is my baby.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally got my amp back, and it still makes a staticy crackling noise. It goes away once the tubes get nice and warm (it was constant before the new speaker), and does it with or without a guitar plugged in. That would be a problem with the tubes, right?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I finally got my amp back, and it still makes a staticy crackling noise. It goes away once the tubes get nice and warm (it was constant before the new speaker), and does it with or without a guitar plugged in. That would be a problem with the tubes, right?
Whens the last time it was retubed?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I have $100 credit at Guitar Center that I literally have no idea what to do with. It was to hold a guitar that I no longer want.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Are you letting your amp warm up for a minute before flicking the standby switch or just hitting power and playing?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
My amp doesn't have a standby switch. It's one of the few things I don't like about it.
frown.png

(yes, I know you were talking to McQueen)

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I usually turn it on and leave it in standby for at least a few minutes before playing, usually get a beer and check my tuning while it's warming up. There's no static or crackling in standby, and it isn't effected by turning the volume up or down. Once I flip it out of standby, though, it gets staticy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Could be dirty effects loop jack or possibly tubes (even if it's new). It's been a long time since I've diagnosed problems. What kind of amp is it anyways?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a Peavey Classic 30. I called Peavey and took it to their certified tech who replaced the speaker, and told me when I picked it up that he'd played it and that it sounded great. Cue my confusion when I got it home and actually plugged it in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You could see if it's a dirty effects loop by running a patch cable between the loop or disabling it via a footswitch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started trying to learn Yngwie's Far Beyond the Sun. I guess I lost my callouses from 6 years ago because the tips of my fingers exploded open lol. I'd like to pretend it was from my blazing speed but that would be a lie..

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I'm debating throwing some Schaller locking tuners on my Highway 1 strat. Any comments either way?

Next question is nickel or black?
smile.png
Guitar is matt black with maple neck and I'm not keen on the overly shiny chrome look but I've a niggling feeling the black may look cheap / cheesy