The Official Guitar Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know there are a lot of Big Wreck fans in this thread. The new 7.2 EP is quite possibly the best music Ian Thornley has written. These two are NUTS....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ordered a new more inexpensive guitar from sweetwater. They sent high res photos as it was shipped. Having serious issues holding a guitar. Gonna try to velcro it to a table top and play jazz like tones on it laying down flat without having to hold it. We shall see. I could go pedal steel but this was probably 10x cheaper.

Attachments

• guitar3.jpg
    guitar3.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 11

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
With my in the house amp, my twin reverb is too much for this area. It's loud enough to practice on in the bedroom unplugged however. So far I like it. Light being the big bonus but not as big as a deadnaught acoustic.

Attachments

• gretsch1.jpg
    gretsch1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • gretsch2.jpg
    gretsch2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xKALECx

Because there are a lot of Ty Tabor/Kings X fans in this thread. Kings X first in 14 years drops next week.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Been a while since I posted here. I've been using a Helix Floor over my amps for a few months and have been pretty happy with it. Finally managed to snag a Quad Cortex from Sweetwater. I absolutely love the form factor and weight, but still seriously hate the plug. I already want to order 2-3 back up plugs and it just isnt something I'd consider road worthy. Sonically its impressive and its seriously got some horse power. Overall, I am loving the arrival of actually giggable Modeling and do NOT miss lugging 70lb combo amps or heads/cabs.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I absolutely LOVE King's X. I saw them live at The Station in RI years ago. (yes, the same place from the Great White fire).

Yeah they're so good live. Been lucky enough to see them a couple times over the last 20 years. Can't believe I first saw them when I was a sophomore in high school.

xKALECx

Probably the most underrated rock band in history. Their earlier stuff is just ridiculous.

xKALECx

King's X album released today and dear God.....best this bands put out in 20+ year.

Ty bringing out the '84 Elite Strat with the Lab Series amp tone

Jerry writing and singing the melodic masterpieces

and dUg, bringing the "Meshugga/Mastadon" vibes with Beatles "White Album" crossover (dont forget this guy is 71 years old writing music like this)

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
King's X album released today and dear God.....best this bands put out in 20+ year.

Just now giving it my first listen. Nothing But the Truth is classic Ty Tabor guitar soloing. Love his tone so much.

• 1Like

xKALECx

Found my unicorn while visiting my son in Nashville this weekend. Proud to add this horse to the stable. Suhr Classic S Antique Ian Thornley "roughneck" signature.
(Glare on the bottom makes the burnt finish look like it was dropped. Just the angle with the lighting)
20220911_143855.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Found my unicorn while visiting my son in Nashville this weekend. Proud to add this horse to the stable. Suhr Classic S Antique Ian Thornley "roughneck" signature.
(Glare on the bottom makes the burnt finish look like it was dropped. Just the angle with the lighting)
View attachment 433071
Would definitely pick up one of their basses if I hit the lottery or was good/active enough to warrant more than my Music Man 😆