The Order: 1886

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? They are the vast minority of games.
Seems to be at least one a month recently (with a few months being skipped but others having a glut to make up for the loss - last November had 4 alone I think? FC4, Mordor, ACU, ACR)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've not been playing the game, but been watching "Lets Play" on YouTube. The game is absolutely stunning and the storyline from what I can tell is pretty good thus far (up to chapter 6). I can see the complaints about it being too cinematic vs gameplay (reminds me of Xenosaga I).

Does anyone know if the main character is based off of Clive Owen?

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno who he is based on but he reminds me a lot of ian mcshane from deadwood/potc/etc, especially the mustache

deadwood.jpg

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Did you finish watching it Kuriin? Because that ending is...
like something out of a Hollywood cash grab film that got needlessly split into multiple parts.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this.

I went in with fairly low expectation from everything people were saying, but honestly I was pleasantly surprised and totally enjoy the game.

It was short and very linear, that's for sure...but aside from that I thought everything else was solid.

I enjoyed the story. The visual and music were great, the voice cast did a great job. The overall production value was just awesome.

The gameplay was good, cut-scene were not that long, the QTE were ok, there weren't that many, and most of them pretty good actually, maybe one or two that sucked in my opinion, the FPS portion was solid, the different weapons were diverse and felt great.

I'm actually looking forward to more of it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I actually went ahead and bought it and played through it. I finished it probably within 4 hours. I don't care what anyone says....the game is justtoobeautiful to hate on it. I thought the story was all right. The ending was probably the worst part of it (after the credits was lol worthy).

The QTEs were very bizarre. Typically they are fast and require fast thinking. The QTEs in this game lasted for about 10 seconds. A lot of times, I moved too quickly and ended up dying because of it.

It's meant to be a series of games, I bet. I'll buy 'em. The characters are purdy to look at, too. Lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I actually went ahead and bought it and played through it. I finished it probably within 4 hours. I don't care what anyone says....the game is justtoobeautiful to hate on it. I thought the story was all right. The ending was probably the worst part of it (after the credits was lol worthy).

The QTEs were very bizarre. Typically they are fast and require fast thinking. The QTEs in this game lasted for about 10 seconds. A lot of times, I moved too quickly and ended up dying because of it.

It's meant to be a series of games, I bet. I'll buy 'em. The characters are purdy to look at, too. Lol.
There's no bet about it...they have years of games already scheduled for different years, leading up to, I believe, the present and future.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Like did you actually time it to 4 hours? Because I think the cutscenes are about 4 hours in length...

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Like did you actually time it to 4 hours? Because I think the cutscenes are about 4 hours in length...
Haha, that was a rough estimation of what I felt that I actually played. I probably played less than that. I personally enjoyed the cutscenes. It was definitely worse than Xenosaga in a sense that way too many cutscenes...yowza. But, the cutscenes in Order felt so incredibly seamless.

The major downside is the story between the Lycans and Vampires are just completely gone. It's all about the rebellion but you don't learn of their reasons until near the end of the game. There could have been about 15-20 more hours in the game and I swear I think the game would have received a 10/10.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So there's been no DLC announcements for this thus far? With how they reused some fights and assets you'd think they wrap up some trimmed-for-time content together a couple more 'episodes' as an add-on for this title. Could do some vampire-centric stuff, maybe something from the perspective of Isabeau.

spronk

FPS noob
damn the CE must really have not sold well, its 50% off on amazon for the next 3 hours
Gold Box Deals | Today's Deals - Amazon.com

$40 for the CE ($80 msrp), $80 for the premium ($150) which has a bigger statue i guess

wouldn't recommend the $80 version but i guess if you like statues the $40 isn't too bad, you can beat the game in a few hours and trade it in for $20-25 to bby/gamestop/amazon and keep the statue. i bought the CE and kept it, it looks nice staring at lara croft's statues ass

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Clearance sales already, just picked this up for $34.99 many places have it for 39.99

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like MSRP on the collector's edition has been reduced to $59, it's not even on sale, just listed at that price on Amazon, wonder if other sites haven't made the change yet is all.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I gave this game a chance and to be honest, I loved it. I honestly didn't think i would. Yes its true, its a bit short and does nothing groundbreaking, but the story, visuals and voice acting was top notch. This game got a very bad wrap. Its true that this is essentially a six hour movie, but it was a great ride. No regrets here.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I gave this game a chance and to be honest, I loved it. I honestly didn't think i would. Yes its true, its a bit short and does nothing groundbreaking, but the story, visuals and voice acting was top notch. This game got a very bad wrap. Its true that this is essentially a six hour movie, but it was a great ride. No regrets here.
Yep - great summation (and why it should be a 8-8.5 not a 6)