The Outsider

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've been forcing myself to continue this - it's pretty bad when a fairly mediocre King book is light years better than the show. Can these inept fuckers just go all in on a really well done and well cast "the stand" already...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm also forcing myself to finish this, but I really wish I wasn't. This episode was awful. More terrible exposition between the detective and his wife about "believing" in this creature in order to kill it and not hinder the investigation. At this point, if you don't believe any of the evidence, you're not only a shitty detective, you're fucking retarded. And I call bullshit on an entire camp of people not going "mob rule" on a guy trying to kidnap a kid when they have him surrounded just because his face looks slightly off. They would've beat him to death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah well there's not much to add, very good start but for some reason they're stretching the plot so hard you can actually skip scenes and don't really miss anything interesting. Top notch casting, okay direction, but man it's getting so tiresome El Cuco might actually dies of old age.

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought The Sinner Season 2 was better than this with the creepy cult stuff, etc. But it suffered the same thing, too drawn out and lack luster ending.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This slog is some real amateur-hour shit. This could and should have been 6 episode and you needed Jason Bateman for at least 3 of them. The more they stretch it out and explain, the more retarded and dull El Cucko becomes.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Caught up on this over the week and came to complain, but I see you guys got it covered. Haven't read the book, but fingers crossed Detective Lisp dies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
As someone who read the book, I could have saved you all a lot of time. Steven King garbage, amateur hour plot, steer clear.

• 1Like

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
what a disappointment this show was, 4 necessary episodes, the first two so much better than the following 7 as well. This should've been a 6 part show at most.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show...

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess it's personal preference but I really didn't mind it being a slowly unraveling mystery. Reminds of a film like Zodiac where there was a lot of investigating and dead ends.

• 1Garbage

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I guess it's personal preference but I really didn't mind it being a slowly unraveling mystery. Reminds of a film like Zodiac where there was a lot of investigating and dead ends.

Are you fucking high? This show tipped its hand as to what was going on in the very first episode. The movie Zodiac never gave you who the real killer was until the very end. Zodiac was interesting the entire film. This show stopped being interesting after Jason Bateman's character was killed.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you fucking high? This show tipped its hand as to what was going on in the very first episode. The movie Zodiac never gave you who the real killer was until the very end. Zodiac was interesting the entire film. This show stopped being interesting after Jason Bateman's character was killed.
Fuckin spoilers bro

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Literally fast forwarded through the middle 30 minutes of this finale. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that. This would of been a decent 5 episode show.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I forced myself to finish the season. I should have quit halfway through but I stuck it out. This was a poor hbo show.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow what a pile of shit this ended up being, right down to the sleazy slow motion exit of Holly with the smirk, which I'm sure was cool in the book but combined with everything else sent it to cringe level 500.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How similar to the book was this? Was the source material actually any good?

First two episodes were fantastic... Holy shit then just slowly, and I mean slowly, dragged to a poor showing. Had a great cast, had good production values, but this show was 4 episodes too long. They should have never revealed the perpetrator that early. The last scene was so retarded.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the show in its entirety but that was mainly due to the beginning and the cast. It should have been much better.

That last scene with Holly and the slice on her arm made zero sense. Coco was never near her nor was there even the slightest indication it made it out of the cave alive. Then, randomly, arm cut and hair twirling.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Stephen King is trash. Yeah, he wrote "The Shining," and "Shawshank," but pretty much everything else is dog shit.

• 1Like