The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
a system of writing, 40,000 years ago. how odd for a people supposedly so primitve.
It feels good seeing stuff like this. It's just nonsense to think that "primitive" people's were significantly dumber than us. Honestly, I'd bet we would be more accurate generally if we assumed they were just as smart as us.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It feels good seeing stuff like this. It's just nonsense to think that "primitive" people's were significantly dumber than us. Honestly, I'd bet we would be more accurate generally if we assumed they were just as smart as us.
its really amazing how global this was, but not really surprising.
ancient language map.png

ancient language map2.png

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Man I want to post a rant about this but then I'd probably jump the shark.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

The book Sapiens goes into this. I definitely think the moment Homo sapiens had their cognitive evolution that man at that point was every bit as smart as we are now, and honestly probably a lot more capable.... How long could I survive if I had no money and the stores closed? Like 3 days lol.

I believe Sapiens pointed out there was evidence of an earlier Homo sapiens that left Africa but didn't have the cognitive abilities that the next round of Homo sapiens had.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
its really amazing how global this was, but not really surprising.
View attachment 342881

View attachment 342884

This is the best evidence I've seen for the "modern humans came here from another planet" idea. Or some modern humans, anyway. See: Xenogears and stories like that.

It's an interesting idea since we're so different from most of the planet. That we were put here, or fled here from somewhere else (Martian nuclear war? Venusian greenhouse effect? The destruction of the 5th planet?)

The main issue is the timeline. Humans appeared well after any of those events supposedly happened. Like hundreds of millions of years after. They could have all been nice, hospitable planets in the past, but you've got a big leap between those planets going south and humans appearing here.

Regardless, it's an interesting theory. Biggest questions for me are, where are the ships we came here in, and what happened to whatever language/history we had? Dunno about the ships, but I think our history just vanished into fables after a couple of generations. Some of it probably became the basis for religions. For example, Noah's Ark may have been a planetary rescue ship.

All of that said, this super-early language being found all over the world, from a point in time when most humans weren't advanced enough for language and couldn't travel the world, seems like an indicator to me that they came from elsewhere and landed all over the world. Their language didn't last through the generations, but it was uniform between all of these different groups around the world.

Maybe these advanced people, as their numbers dwindled, mated with the primitive early humans here to create modern humans. Who knows. It's all interesting to chew on.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is the best evidence I've seen for the "modern humans came here from another planet" idea. Or some modern humans, anyway. See: Xenogears and stories like that.

It's an interesting idea since we're so different from most of the planet. That we were put here, or fled here from somewhere else (Martian nuclear war? Venusian greenhouse effect? The destruction of the 5th planet?)

The main issue is the timeline. Humans appeared well after any of those events supposedly happened. Like hundreds of millions of years after. They could have all been nice, hospitable planets in the past, but you've got a big leap between those planets going south and humans appearing here.

Regardless, it's an interesting theory. Biggest questions for me are, where are the ships we came here in, and what happened to whatever language/history we had? Dunno about the ships, but I think our history just vanished into fables after a couple of generations. Some of it probably became the basis for religions. For example, Noah's Ark may have been a planetary rescue ship.

All of that said, this super-early language being found all over the world, from a point in time when most humans weren't advanced enough for language and couldn't travel the world, seems like an indicator to me that they came from elsewhere and landed all over the world. Their language didn't last through the generations, but it was uniform between all of these different groups around the world.

Maybe these advanced people, as their numbers dwindled, mated with the primitive early humans here to create modern humans. Who knows. It's all interesting to chew on.
I'm not with the came from space theory, but its possible i guess. I think those symbols might be more of a global roadmap set out by the peoples who came to these regions and recorded what they encountered along the way. Such as hands arrows and dots could mean lots of villages with people and maybe a system of government or religion in place. Or maybe those symbols are warnings to people not to fuck with their shit.

• 1Dislike

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How long could I survive if I had no money and the stores closed? Like 3 days lol.
That's mostly cultural and upbringing, not anything intrinsic. That's the advantage we have over those 50ky ancestors of most of non-African mankind. 50k years of cultural accumulation, better practice, better teaching method, the whole shebang. In terms of innate capacity? Nothing much has changed.

The one thing that's going to be hard is to hunt the way the original humans did. We evolved into the Terminators of the animal world - we are pretty much the only species that hunt by exhausting all other prey animals. That antelope which runs fast? Lets see how fast it runs after being pursued by the same upright menace for an hour. Two hours. Three hours. The antelope is panting, it's exhausted, it is overheating... and the Homo Sapiens is still running toward it. Unflinching. Unerring. It pauses every half hour for a minute or two, and then starts again.

And once the antelope stumbles and goes down, the Terminator turns to his comrades and says "fuck men, you're ten minutes behind me; man up! Okay, let's butcher this, we have four hours to go back home"

• 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's mostly cultural and upbringing, not anything intrinsic. That's the advantage we have over those 50ky ancestors of most of non-African mankind. 50k years of cultural accumulation, better practice, better teaching method, the whole shebang. In terms of innate capacity? Nothing much has changed.

The one thing that's going to be hard is to hunt the way the original humans did. We evolved into the Terminators of the animal world - we are pretty much the only species that hunt by exhausting all other prey animals. That antelope which runs fast? Lets see how fast it runs after being pursued by the same upright menace for an hour. Two hours. Three hours. The antelope is panting, it's exhausted, it is overheating... and the Homo Sapiens is still running toward it. Unflinching. Unerring. It pauses every half hour for a minute or two, and then starts again.

And once the antelope stumbles and goes down, the Terminator turns to his comrades and says "fuck men, you're ten minutes behind me; man up! Okay, let's butcher this, we have four hours to go back home"
once we evolved from pointy sticks to flint arrows, we became the terminator. hell, just our cunning to ambush an animal and drive him to his death is enough to wipe a species out. the injuns out on the prairie werent the noble savages we pretend they were, they would slaughter as many animals as they could get their hands on, they did the same with humans. they also burned entire forests to the ground because it made the ground more farmable. remember the indians our ancestors encountered out in the wild werent the same indians that were there 10 or 20k years ago. these guys were just the latest to come through slaughtering everyone they could

• 2Truth!
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users