The Passage (Fox)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm going to get real with you here. When I read the book, I'm pretty sure it was the only one. I had no idea at the time that it was a series/trilogy, so that may be coloring my opinion of the ending. It was a fucking terrible ending for a standalone book, but I guess I can see how it sets up a continuation of the story.

Haha, okay, that makes sense.

Yeah, it's a trilogy. I thought it was pretty decent.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I finally finished this and quite enjoyed it. Any word on whether there'll be a season 2?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
And the entire first season is a prologue? That was different.

I couldn't tell, but has Amy remained physically as a child? Ala Claudia in Interview with a Vampire?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the entire first season is a prologue? That was different.

I couldn't tell, but has Amy remained physically as a child? Ala Claudia in Interview with a Vampire?

looked that way which would suck pretty badly being stuck as a tween for eternity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The first book is great. Season 1 vaguely corresponds to the first part of book 1. Book 1 is great.

Season 1 was surprisingly watchable despite making Lynch's Dune look like a faithful adaptation.

Its hysterical how many fundamental details they changed, its like they were trying to deliberately change everything possible except the name and the inclusion of vampires.
Amy - white blond girl in the book / little black girl in the show
Elizabeth - dead in the book / alive in the show
The nun - a nun in the book / an ex marine in the show
The agent's wife - estranged and never seen in the book / a supercharged vampire thing in the show

but most importantly:
the virals - bizarre, alien-like creatures that glow, move at super speed, and only communicate telepathically in the book / generic vampires with veiny faces and sharp teeth in the show
I'll watch a second season just to see if they can top this. My predictions for the future:
Peter - black male, protagonist for much of the series in the book - will be changed to a white dude for the show so they can have a white male/black female romance, because thats the rules
Alicia - will be a trans-woman, because 2019
The ending - Amy will teach the humans to live in harmony with the virals and everyone will live happily ever after

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users