The Passage (Fox)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm going to get real with you here. When I read the book, I'm pretty sure it was the only one. I had no idea at the time that it was a series/trilogy, so that may be coloring my opinion of the ending. It was a fucking terrible ending for a standalone book, but I guess I can see how it sets up a continuation of the story.

Haha, okay, that makes sense.

Yeah, it's a trilogy. I thought it was pretty decent.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I finally finished this and quite enjoyed it. Any word on whether there'll be a season 2?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
And the entire first season is a prologue? That was different.

I couldn't tell, but has Amy remained physically as a child? Ala Claudia in Interview with a Vampire?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the entire first season is a prologue? That was different.

I couldn't tell, but has Amy remained physically as a child? Ala Claudia in Interview with a Vampire?

looked that way which would suck pretty badly being stuck as a tween for eternity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The first book is great. Season 1 vaguely corresponds to the first part of book 1. Book 1 is great.

Season 1 was surprisingly watchable despite making Lynch's Dune look like a faithful adaptation.

Its hysterical how many fundamental details they changed, its like they were trying to deliberately change everything possible except the name and the inclusion of vampires.
Amy - white blond girl in the book / little black girl in the show
Elizabeth - dead in the book / alive in the show
The nun - a nun in the book / an ex marine in the show
The agent's wife - estranged and never seen in the book / a supercharged vampire thing in the show

but most importantly:
the virals - bizarre, alien-like creatures that glow, move at super speed, and only communicate telepathically in the book / generic vampires with veiny faces and sharp teeth in the show
I'll watch a second season just to see if they can top this. My predictions for the future:
Peter - black male, protagonist for much of the series in the book - will be changed to a white dude for the show so they can have a white male/black female romance, because thats the rules
Alicia - will be a trans-woman, because 2019
The ending - Amy will teach the humans to live in harmony with the virals and everyone will live happily ever after

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users