The person you miss the most.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not sure where to put this so it's landing here.

I'm 11 beers deep on a depressing Saturday and I was thinking back to the old boards and realized many of my all time heros don't post here anymore.

A few of the people that I miss are in no particular order

Sam Deathwalker
Furor
Obviously Aradune,
Curt Shilling
Sean.

Who do you miss seeing the most?
I miss the old version of my wife before coming to Hawaii. She's way the fuck different now, and not in a good way. Sure, she earns more money, but that isn't an upgrade.

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
i did enjoy watching the donkey show Tyen and his Burro provided. sometimes it felt like scripted comedy. it was too surreal to believe it was real life. i guess they had their own clownworld inside this clownworld
Those two deserve all the misery they have manufactured for themselves. Gives me warm fuzzies knowing Tyen is going to have to deal with that drunk imbecile for the rest of his life.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I miss the old version of my wife before coming to Hawaii. She's way the fuck different now, and not in a good way. Sure, she earns more money, but that isn't an upgrade.
is it cuz she is with more of "her kind" on that island?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think it's due to the population of extreme democrats on this island, and how they make up ALL of her friends and patients. She's constantly bombarded by democratic think, so she no longer cares about my republican ideology.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's due to the population of extreme democrats on this island, and how they make up ALL of her friends and patients. She's constantly bombarded by democratic think, so she no longer cares about my republican ideology.
Hawaii sounds like poison. i cant imagine the beautiful view is worth that.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man I interpreted this wrong. Glad I read back. I was gonna give some serious answers.

My son, my mom, and my paternal grandfather. In order of how short their lives were cut off.

also Lithose.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was going to give a RL answer too. But if we're just talking about boards and games, I miss listening to rangers whine. I mean, I was a mid tier assassin at best, but even I could shit all over a ranger. When they didn't beat me, it was always someone else's fault.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I played a Shadow Knight all through EQ. The old SK boards used to love making fun of how much Rangers complained, especially given our class was forever shit on by the devs. Lejina Lejina can confirm this, as I think he posted on those boards under the same handle back in the day, if I am not mistaken. EQ Rangers were some of the whiniest bitches ever to exist in the community and the Glade was a veritable salt mine for those of us who hated them.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I played a Shadow Knight all through EQ. The old SK boards used to love making fun of how much Rangers complained, especially given our class was forever shit on by the devs. Lejina Lejina can confirm this, as I think he posted on those boards under the same handle back in the day, if I am not mistaken. EQ Rangers were some of the whiniest bitches ever to exist in the community and the Glade was a veritable salt mine for those of us who hated them.

SKs usefulness on raids and groups hinged at 90% on disease cloud. A lvl 1 necro/lvl 9 SK spell. New players asking for a reasoning why they should pick the class were told to go elsewhere if they didn't instinctively understand our obvious superiority while puffing our chest. We collectively had that huge pride of making a broken class work by exploiting the ever living fuck of one broken game mechanic.

Rangers were just "woe is me" all day long. They couldn't find a positive thing about their own class for the longest time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

I always thought you were a Hawaii native. Where did you live before?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lejina Lejina
Yeah that nerf to DC almost made me quit the game, as it was literally the one thing we had at the time. I remember them trying to nerf CD the same way, but it broke the game in too many other ways so they gave up. By the time I packed it in (end of PoP) we were nothing but a low rent bard with that AE mana and life tap spell (which took tons of AA to make useful) with a once an hour harmtouch (also taking tons of AA to make ok) that wizards could match at will. Pulling was our last niche. But Rangers kept on pissing and moaning the entire time they got buffed while we got shit on. I took a lot of joy in making fun of all the people who played Rangers back in the day.

I don't miss the living the drama of that game, but its fun to reflect on it.

• 1Truth!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lejina Lejina
Yeah that nerf to DC almost made me quit the game, as it was literally the one thing we had at the time. I remember them trying to nerf CD the same way, but it broke the game in too many other ways so they gave up. By the time I packed it in (end of PoP) we were nothing but a low rent bard with that AE mana and life tap spell (which took tons of AA to make useful) with a once an hour harmtouch (also taking tons of AA to make ok) that wizards could match at will. Pulling was our last niche. But Rangers kept on pissing and moaning the entire time they got buffed while we got shit on. I took a lot of joy in making fun of all the people who played Rangers back in the day.

my wife was an enchanter and i was a ranger, we worked out fine

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lejina Lejina

Wait, what benefit did Disease Cloud provide in this context?

I played as a Cleric back in the day so everyone was always sucking my dick.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agro mechanics were based on a number of factors, of which actual spell damage was one of the least impactful. Anything diseased based and long duration (things DC had quite specifically) generated massive amounts of more agro and the one tick of damage kept you bumped on the hate list. DC was fast to cast and cost basically no mana, making it the god tool of agro generation (and train creation thanks to being a disease based DoT). Combined with FD it made for being a pretty good pulling tool, as well. I remember demoing to my main enchanter in the Bear pits, having mim mez a bear for a full two minutes and then sit next to it and wait for it to wear off. Once speed cast of DC from across the room and the bear did not even give a shit he was there. It was probably too strong, but it was also pretty much the only thing SKs brought to the table, pre Luclin.

We ran a 4-6 alt crew for locking down Nag and Vox for the epic drops to trade with others and really all we needed was one gnome SK, a healer, and my rogue to win the fight (with buffs and proper resists) with maybe a mage tossed in to mana drain vox. I could go full rape mode with my Rogue and the mobs would never even look at me as long as the gnome SK we had spammed DC regularly, even after the nerf. The spell was that central to our function.

I got by in EQ because I could pull extremely well, I knew the game mechanics well enough to abuse the class, and I was the guild leader. Shadow Knight (esp the double whammy of being a DE SK for XP) were easily the worst class during the entire run of the game. Maybe mages were worse, if you took COTH away from them and mana drain for certain fights. Everything we ended up being good at was purely accidental and not dev intention.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Agro mechanics were based on a number of factors, of which actual spell damage was one of the least impactful. Anything diseased based and long duration (things DC had quite specifically) generated massive amounts of more agro and the one tick of damage kept you bumped on the hate list. DC was fast to cast and cost basically no mana, making it the god tool of agro generation (and train creation thanks to being a disease based DoT). Combined with FD it made for being a pretty good pulling tool, as well. I remember demoing to my main enchanter in the Bear pits, having mim mez a bear for a full two minutes and then sit next to it and wait for it to wear off. Once speed cast of DC from across the room and the bear did not even give a shit he was there. It was probably too strong, but it was also pretty much the only thing SKs brought to the table, pre Luclin.

We ran a 4-6 alt crew for locking down Nag and Vox for the epic drops to trade with others and really all we needed was one gnome SK, a healer, and my rogue to win the fight (with buffs and proper resists) with maybe a mage tossed in to mana drain vox. I could go full rape mode with my Rogue and the mobs would never even look at me as long as the gnome SK we had spammed DC regularly, even after the nerf. The spell was that central to our function.

I got by in EQ because I could pull extremely well, I knew the game mechanics well enough to abuse the class, and I was the guild leader. Shadow Knight (esp the double whammy of being a DE SK for XP) were easily the worst class during the entire run of the game. Maybe mages were worse, if you took COTH away from them and mana drain for certain fights. Everything we ended up being good at was purely accidental and not dev intention.
oh you were sk not enchanter, oops that makes my statement, null

but yea i never understood why rangers were so complainy, always in the top 5 of dps and no aggro pull, sure there was zero skill, in the end i just botted my ranger main and took over raid leading and heal rotation

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
haha the state of the glade
ff7768da4121c148cf26fae2be6c934b.jpg

• 2Worf

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Get out while you can. They will, no joke, turn your wife against you.

• 1Like