Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok I will start...
rrr_img_2961.jpg

rrr_img_2961.jpg

rrr_img_2961.jpg

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Is there anyone here that can help with a logo for some extra $$$?

I'm a long time member of the 'previous' place, but didn't post much. It makes sense to ask here before looking elsewhere.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is probably stupid question but bear with me.

I grabbed an MP4 downloader to grab video with for 'shooping, went to a youtube page, and it loaded in my browser (waterfox). I watch the video, think it's something I want to DL, and start DLing using the MP4 downloader (actually a Waterfox addon fwiw). What's annoying is that the estimated DL time is horrendously long, much longer than it took to load the Youtube video in the first place (no idea why other than my connection is shit). Now I could have sworn someone long ago on FOH had mentioned that there was a way to save content that's already loaded via your browser, I didn't think that was possible but I'd never thought to dig into it either. Does this sound even remotely plausible to anyone? I'd love to be able to access what I've already DLed in order to view rather than go through a separate step but /shrug.

I'd always thought that there wasn't a way to do that but the comment someone made back in the day is bugging me atm.

This is probably stupid question but bear with me.

I grabbed an MP4 downloader to grab video with for 'shooping, went to a youtube page, and it loaded in my browser (waterfox). I watch the video, think it's something I want to DL, and start DLing using the MP4 downloader (actually a Waterfox addon fwiw). What's annoying is that the estimated DL time is horrendously long, much longer than it took to load the Youtube video in the first place (no idea why other than my connection is shit). Now I could have sworn someone long ago on FOH had mentioned that there was a way to save content that's already loaded via your browser, I didn't think that was possible but I'd never thought to dig into it either. Does this sound even remotely plausible to anyone? I'd love to be able to access what I've already DLed in order to view rather than go through a separate step but /shrug.

I'd always thought that there wasn't a way to do that but the comment someone made back in the day is bugging me atm.
I'm not aware of any way to grab videos you're streaming from somewhere already on your computer. However... it really sounds like something else is going on during your download. A couple of things to consider... 1. A great many of those apps/programs give you the option to download several "versions" of the videos off of youtube. Are you sure you aren't streaming a low resolution version, then downloading the HD version? This would greatly increase download times. 2. Make sure your app/program isn't doing an on-the-fly conversion... aka from m4a or flv to wma, avi, mp4 etc. I've seen a few programs that do that, and it also greatly increases download time.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I use downloadhelper for Firefox which works nice for grabbing swf, flv and mp4 off of websites.

But as for getting stuff from your cache, I'm not too sure. But I do know, in FF atleast, if you right click on a page, click "View Page Info" and click on the "Media" tab, you can see all the media that was loaded in association with the current page.
It's great for grabbing images from sites IMO, and it might work for video too, but I've never tried.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Designerbros

What do you call this kind of art? It looks pixel arty...but maybe that's a bit too general.

rrr_img_6327.png

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
Back when I learned graphics on a Commodore 64 the animated parts were called Sprites. Thus I would can see calling this sprite art. Each pixel was square and had its own specific value. Pixelated carries the notation it was something better and was reduced. Thus Sprite are should be closer to correct.

rrr_img_6375.jpg

xrg

Golden Squire
Asepriteis a pretty cool sprite editor I found a few months ago. It beats using MSPaint, and it's free so you don't have to buy or "acquire" it like you do Photoshop.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to have to look to see if one of my school's other campuses sells student copies of Photoshop, because mine sure as hell doesn't. I'm kind of curious how schools price student editions when I'm already shelling out $150 per book at times.

xrg

Golden Squire
They have a subscription plan now with theirCreative Cloud. They'd have to cut their prices in half before I'd consider it a great deal though. Some people snag older versions off Ebay too, but at a quick glance I didn't see any super great deals at the moment. Not sure on Student Editions as I've never gone that route.