The Photoshoop Thread

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
The Photoshoop thread 2.0

Ask for advice from the community about photoshop or other design software.

Ask for shoop requests as well, and whoever wants to do it can pick it up.

Also, I know a lot of you are having problems with .GIF size constraints while we're starting up here as well as backgrounds not being transparent. So post it here and we might be able to do something about it.

Fuvi_sl

shitlord
208141d1338683790funnys.png

Can you Christmas and/or awesome up the pic I use on my EQ guild'sfront page?

Fezziwig

Joviality incarnate
I hadn't messed around with PS since like, CS1 or 2. My son is getting into web design in high school this year, so I got him the creative suite last month. WOW, was I blown away at what Photoshop can do now. What used to take hours can be done in a few clicks, even by a non-graphic moron like me. Content Aware is brilliant stuff.

For those interested in how amazin they've made PS, here's an Adobe tutorial that was a real eye-opener:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-s...now-how-to-do/

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
I hadn't messed around with PS since like, CS1 or 2. My son is getting into web design in high school this year, so I got him the creative suite last month. WOW, was I blown away at what Photoshop can do now. What used to take hours can be done in a few clicks, even by a non-graphic moron like me. Content Aware is brilliant stuff.
Puppet-warp and content aware move/patch save a shit load of time. And I'm not sure how long "Refine Edge" has been around, but it made selections a lot easier, especially on small images that get pixely.

Solariss

Golden Squire
I need a little help. Before you think I'm a sick freak ... well, maybe I am.. but I was just messing around in Photoshop and having a little fun. I haven't used Photoshop in over 10 years, so I was just working on something for practice. This is a friend of mine, so I was cropped out the head to save identity, etc.. Basically I was just trying to undress the fine young lass. The image in the middle is the picture I used for tits.. Did I do this correctly, or is there a better way?

My problems are:

--How do I adjust the skin tone to match the rest of the body?

--The right side of the image, or left tit area is very bright white and should be slightly shadowed as the arm shows. Is there any way to make this look more real?

--Any way to make the nipples stand out more by editing them, or would I just have to find a higher res image to use?

--The other issue is that the top left strap is showing on the shoulder, that I can likely fix carefully, but just want to address the other issue first

If anybody can help, or do a better job than I did, would be cool.. but I'd also prefer an explanation on what you did or what I can do to make it look better

edit: uploaded pics instead

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
can we cross-reference this thread with the 'rl picture thread'? i can foresee some potential especially with the tranny shots

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I need a little help. Before you think I'm a sick freak ... well, maybe I am.. but I was just messing around in Photoshop and having a little fun. I haven't used Photoshop in over 10 years, so I was just working on something for practice. This is a friend of mine, so I was cropped out the head to save identity, etc.. Basically I was just trying to undress the fine young lass. The image in the middle is the picture I used for tits.. Did I do this correctly, or is there a better way?

My problems are:

--How do I adjust the skin tone to match the rest of the body?

--The right side of the image, or left tit area is very bright white and should be slightly shadowed as the arm shows. Is there any way to make this look more real?

--Any way to make the nipples stand out more by editing them, or would I just have to find a higher res image to use?

--The other issue is that the top left strap is showing on the shoulder, that I can likely fix carefully, but just want to address the other issue first

If anybody can help, or do a better job than I did, would be cool.. but I'd also prefer an explanation on what you did or what I can do to make it look better

edit: uploaded pics instead
My opinion:

I don't do much with body mixing, but one of the first things I'd do is try to find a better nude picture. I mean that in terms of lighting. The figure and shape appear to fit, but the lighting on the original is coming from image left, while the nude (oriented with original) is coming from image right. Finding another nude might make that initial steps more difficult, it might make it more feasible in the long run.

Also by the finding a more suitable substitute you can save yourself a lot of headache with having to get the skin tones right. The closer the two sources are, the easier the final result will be.

Solariss

Golden Squire
My opinion:

I don't do much with body mixing, but one of the first things I'd do is try to find a better nude picture. I mean that in terms of lighting. The figure and shape appear to fit, but the lighting on the original is coming from image left, while the nude (oriented with original) is coming from image right. Finding another nude might make that initial steps more difficult, it might make it more feasible in the long run.

Also by the finding a more suitable substitute you can save yourself a lot of headache with having to get the skin tones right. The closer the two sources are, the easier the final result will be.
Yeah, finding something good can take forever! Honestly I can't say I looked too hard for that picture, but I quickly skimmed through a couple hundred pics probably. This is something I didn't anticipate doing when I started playing around with the image, but I started really getting into it mainly to see what I could do, and secondly for some masturbation material.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Gave it a try really quick, so it's pretty messy. But yeah, good angle and fit on this but the light source and resolution were to far off to really make a believable pic without spending a ton of time. Finding the right image I would think is like 75% of the work.

ByGtb.jpg

ByGtb.jpg

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Yeah, finding something good can take forever! Honestly I can't say I looked too hard for that picture, but I quickly skimmed through a couple hundred pics probably. This is something I didn't anticipate doing when I started playing around with the image, but I started really getting into it mainly to see what I could do, and secondly for some masturbation material.
If you want to work with what you got, you can try the following (and it's going to look like shit at first and take a ton of touch up work to look decent, but something to play with):

I hope you have the nude on a separate layer, it'll make adjusting it much easier

1) Take the nude, make a copy of it.
2) Set the copy to grayscale (Image>Adjustments>Black & White)
3) Invert the B&W (Image>Adjustments>Invert)

Now your lights are dark and your darks are light on the grayscale.

4) Get the marquee selection of your B&W&I layer. Ctrl+Click on the layer's little preview in the layer window. That should select the data in the layer.
5) Make a new layer, keeping the selection.
6) Add a mask to the new layer via the selection. To add a mask, click the gray square with the white circle on it at the bottom of the layer window
7) Color anything you want on that new layer from step 5. I'd recommend doing an initial fill with a peach color skin tone sampled from the original body.
8) Set the layer's Blending Mode to "Overlay"

Now you should have something approaching a consistent lighting and skin tone. Now you'll have to smooth things out, add color to the nipples, do any edge blending etc.

EDIT: I see Urgoslav beat me to the punch. Can you share your technique?

Edit 2: Added step by step. Nipples are the most off thing because they're not nipple colored and they're inverted.

rrr_img_1632.jpg

rrr_img_1632.jpg

Salacious_sl

shitlord
Upload original with face cropped off to photobucket or imgur. Attaching here compresses a jpeg beyond recognition. I can't work under these conditions.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
EDIT: I see Urgoslav beat me to the punch. Can you share your technique?
Basically just color blending until it gets close to the skin tone, but as you can see there is a big loss of shadowing and a bit of a smudgy look unless a lot of adjusting is made.

1) Assess what points need to be the main focus and build around it. In this case it was the reversed light source and the bright orange but dark overtone of the lower part.

2) Selected the chest out and made it its own layer, then went back to the original and clone stamped / healing brushed down a little bit along the edge. This gave me the cut-and-pasted chest on its own layer and feathered along the color.

3) Used Hue/Saturation. Brought the saturation of the orange down and the hue slider to the left to give the general light pink as above

4) Used the Levels slide. Mostly messed with the gray slider in this case.

5) blah blah blah, some color and matching. (wasn't watching my steps)

6) right side was still white, so I used Burn>Highlights then Burn>Midtones then a little bit of Burn>shadow moving towards the armpit. This creates a sort of grayscale though on that side.

7) Selected the gray part and used a Photofilter of an orangish-pink color. Then used a feathered Eraser to blend the layer.

8)Touch ups with some random tools, etc.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Thank you for the tips! You guys did great with what I gave you to work with. Although, I agree it still does not look entirely believable and that's only because of the resolution of the 2 pictures, lighting, etc. So is it easier to go from a lighter skin tone to a darker skin tone than it is to go from a darker tone to a lighter tone? That just seems like it makes sense to me. Either way, I read everything you guys said and it's helped a lot.

Problems I've noticed, and things you guys pointed out:

--The 2 pictures are different resolutions.. part of the problem is I expanded the nude image a tiny bit to fit the body better

--As Salacious said, the image is hard to work with because it's a low res in it's entirety due to me attaching it

--I need to spend the time to find a better image

Probably this weekend I am going to fuck around with it some more and try to start from scratch with a better image. I will post what I come up with or if I run into any more problems that might be a little easier for you guys to fix if I do things a little smoother this time.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is just begging for a Tyen and Trexxy in EQ character name font......guild name suggestions?

rrr_img_2947.jpg

rrr_img_2947.jpg

rrr_img_2947.jpg