The Pillow Thread

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Looking for a nice pillow. The one i have is cotton and it doesn't hurt me but my wife just got a memory foam twin pack of pillows and she loves it. It hurts my fucking neck and back to sleep on it. Im a side sleeper but the side sleeping memory foam pillows she bought just don't do it for me.

Any suggestions guys?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I use a foam pillow, but not a memory foam one. My wife is all about goose down, but it always feels "flat" to me.

My pillow is similar to this one:Amazon.com - Classic Brands 100 Percent Talalay Latex Foam Pillow, Medium Firm, High Loft, King Size -
I can check for sure when I get home, but it'll be a almost a week before that happens. Latex foam is the shit. Supportive and never flat. I lay on my side a lot as well, and it's always been perfect for side sleeping as well as back sleeping. I'm not a chest sleeper, so I can't comment on that.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Down pillows are the fucking worst. I need support.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I've got some pillow that has a memory foam core with a padded cover around it. I like it because it's soft but the core keeps it from being one of those flimsy pillows that wraps around your face. My only beef with it, is that the particular one I have is a bit thick.

It's this one...http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...Keyword=pillow

If the core was thinner it would be the perfect pillow. It does well when I'm on my side but I have a tendency to sleep on sides/back/face

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a side/back sleeper. I'm pretty much hooked on goose down. Foam pillows just seem too thin and flimsy to me, but then again maybe I've never had a good firm foam pillow. I absolutely hate the contoured memory foam ones though. Still, I might be tempted to try something new like what you guys have linked after we get a few more people chiming in.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Went with mypillow, never looked back. They will ask your shirt size to determine how much fill to use. I went up a size to xxl and it is the best pillow I have ever slept on!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ordered a couple of these a few months ago when they were on sale:

Refael CollectionT Bamboo Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Pillow with Carry Bag

Great pillow, it's memory foam but instead of being 1 big solid piece, its like little nuggets of memory foam inside. So while its firmer than a normal pillow, its still pretty soft and malleable. I have a big-ass head and I used to by a pillow and it would be all flat and lumpy in a few months, but this one is holding up like a champ, its still as fluffy as the day I bought it 3-4 months ago.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No you keep the pillow, you just rotate the covers until they are used up.

annual_sl

shitlord
Tried that pillow that you add water to make it almost a gel, it worked for a few months then became uncomfortable. never heard of mypillow

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Went with mypillow, never looked back. They will ask your shirt size to determine how much fill to use. I went up a size to xxl and it is the best pillow I have ever slept on!
If anyone else is thinking of trying this out, the promo code 'Facebook' works for 50% off. I have a fundamental problem with spending more than $100 on a pillow. $50 is alright.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally remembered to pull my pillow out of the case today and look for a label. Well, there isn't one. All I know is that it's a generic latex foam pillow from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shopping for a pillow is fuckin nightmare. Thats the only conclusion i have after 2 weeks of shopping for a new one. Long story short i got one of those space foam pillow for a retarded amount of 150$. Next morning feels like a ninja trained on my neck all night long. Its not like a bought it on impulse to, i spent over an hour in the shop laying on a stupid bed and coping with the judgemental look everyone gave me while trying it out.

Turned it back in and now am still on my stupid worn out pillow.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
coupon code "facebook"
Still does work for 50% off, I don't know if you pay for shipping however, from amazon reviews sounds like its 10day shipping.

Amazon has the pillow also for 60bucks but with prime 2 day shipping or free shipping if you want it faster, reviews are 3/5 for 600ish reviews.

Amazon.com: My Pillow Premium?- Premium Standard/Queen Bed Pillow: Health Personal Care

me? wife and i went to BBB and brookstone type stores with 2 of our own pillow cases and plopped down on the various kinds.

if you don't want head lice, you'll bring your own pillow cases too.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I went through pillows for 2 years, tried like 12 different pillows that all had me waking up stiff and sore. I'm exclusively a side sleeper. Finally found this thing-

Amazon.com - Organic Buckwheat Pillow - Japanese Size (14) - Hypoallergenic Pillows

They have a full size version as well, but the small one is what I use and I FUCKING LOVE IT. I take it when I travel, I do not get better sleep than on this thing. The small one is on sale for $35 right now with prime shipping. You do have to buy a pillowcase for it special if you get the small one /shrug. I think the full size is $60.

I forgot mine in a hotel once, and was 16 hours away before I realized. I ordered another one that night and had 3 or 4 awful days until the new one arrived.

Seriously, for me, this was a godsend.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bought a pair of MyPillow pillows for the wife and myself. Should arrive tomorrow. You jokers better not have lead me astray.