The Quinfall

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No idea about these guys, but any indie team making a reasonably complex game would be delusional to NOT use as much from the asset store as they possibly can.
I read that some of these assets haven’t been available for purchase since 2016 so the studio is probably pirating the assets. I also read they are not letting you buy via Steam, you have to buy from their website and they’ll send you a Steam key. Sounds like they’re trying to get around the refund window. I can’t wait to follow the drama on this one when everyone gets scammed.

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
No idea about these guys, but any indie team making a reasonably complex game would be delusional to NOT use as much from the asset store as they possibly can.

"As much as they possibly can" would mean all/near-all assets would be purchased by thirds parties. Meaning a total mishmash of art styles, pipelines, formats, scales, naming conventions... An incredibly stupid idea.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"As much as they possibly can" would mean all/near-all assets would be purchased by thirds parties. Meaning a total mishmash of art styles, pipelines, formats, scales, naming conventions... An incredibly stupid idea.
If a team can't sort out those problems using 3rd party assets, what makes you think they're capable of doing better? Trying to do everything themselves will just make their crappy game take 10x longer (and probably worse). Not finishing your game in the first place is a much more common problem.

Xerge

<Donor>
Interestingly, they delivered. I say this because if this video is fake then this is some of the finest BS I ever did see. Video starts around 22m mark with action as previous 20min was systems and mechanics overview. This combat is more engaging looking than what I saw of another product over the holidays, but thats a different topic.

Rael

If a team can't sort out those problems using 3rd party assets, what makes you think they're capable of doing better? Trying to do everything themselves will just make their crappy game take 10x longer (and probably worse). Not finishing your game in the first place is a much more common problem.
Because it's actually easier and less time consuming for someone who knows what they're doing to make an art asset from scratch than to hack apart someone else's to suit your own art style.

The reason these kind of games don't get finished isn't due to not being able to make enough castle and goblin prefabs in time.

Rael

Interestingly, they delivered. I say this because if this video is fake then this is some of the finest BS I ever did see. Video starts around 22m mark with action as previous 20min was systems and mechanics overview. This combat is more engaging looking than what I saw of another product over the holidays, but thats a different topic.

This doesn't look any more legit than those faked Pantheon videos where they had six people running around in a Unity scene. It doesn't show an MMORPG, it shows six character models networked together running around a bunch of assets.

Xerge

<Donor>
This doesn't look any more legit than those faked Pantheon videos where they had six people running around in a Unity scene. It doesn't show an MMORPG, it shows six character models networked together running around a bunch of assets.
Hey after the Palworld experience i'm confident someone will shit out a successful MMO sooner than later. Eventually all of these assets will be cobbled together and it'll be better than the hand crafted piece of work Ashes of Creations is. Just maybe Quinfall is it

Rael

Hey after the Palworld experience i'm confident someone will shit out a successful MMO sooner than later. Eventually all of these assets will be cobbled together and it'll be better than the hand crafted piece of work Ashes of Creations is. Just maybe Quinfall is it

I'm not sure why a bunch of Turkish scammers linked to gold reselling operations are the people you've decided to pin your hopes on for this but okay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm not sure why a bunch of Turkish scammers linked to gold reselling operations are the people you've decided to pin your hopes on for this but okay.
I Hope Friendship GIF by Hallmark Channel

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user