The Rage Quit Over/Under Thread

Fucker

Log Wizard
With all these people vanishing, maybe we could all chip in and buy Vanessa a cheap shotgun and hope for the best.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I just told my wife about this, she said it would never cross her mind to tell you nerds if I died haha .. I also call this "the nerd site" ...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I call it "my gaming site". I share memes, and funny shit from the FSR, and the occasional news story, but thats about it. She doesnt know the name of the site and Ive no interest in mentioning it. Im not a "personality" here anyway, just another random poster.

Ive never rage quit, but the gaping pussy that is Tuco once banned me for a month, and I didnt bother coming back for 6-9 months.

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
If I died tomorrow I'm not sure my wife would know how to access this place. Maybe she would. She's not dumb. She knows it is the 'red and black message board' that I frequent, but I do not identify it to her.

She knows it exists, but I have actively rejected her requests to know the name of this place. I told her the same thing I tell you all; This is my pub. It is my Cheers. It is my Man-Club. It is my man-place, and she is not allowed here. And I love her but if I included her into this place, then this place would no longer be what this place is to me. She hates this fact, but she accepts it.

She knows it only as the name that I call it, "The Nerd Board".

I will say things like, "This is a thing that I can bounce off The Nerd Board and they might give me good advice.". But I never actually name this place.

She gave me a lot of grief about this for a few days several years ago but I think she is okay with it now.

I told her that I do not try to infiltrate her woman-spaces, and thus I expect her not to infiltrate my man-spaces. She seems to be okay with this.

We've come to an agreement about it all. That being said, I have told her the story of Gravy and Mrs. Gravy. She knows that there exists such a woman who was able to access the red-and-black Nerd Board once her husband died. She was very intrigued by this. She is a Mrs. Gravy waiting to happen.

It's a trust thing.

I know that if she was dead-set on finding this place, she probably could and would. But I also know that we have reached a sort of agreement between each other where she knows that her own discovery of this place would probably ruin something intangible between us that she doesn't want to ruin.

She is curious about this place, but she is also quite happy to let me have it and let me talk about it in my own way. FoH predates her, in my life, by at least a decade.
This is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm more concerned about her starting to ask questions like why I need all those big black boxes with many blinking geen and blue lights around my pc, than her having access to this place and finding out that I just shitpost (according to some here)

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
You idiots let your women use computers?

For shame.

Apparently I’m much more sentimental than you fags, I call it “my message board”.

Her: “Is that the place with all the naked women you like to look at.”

Me: “Yes it is honey, yes it is. Back to the kitchen now sugartits.”

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would like to bet 12,000 soybucks that I will quit until 1:20pm EST today.

• 1Worf
  • 1Committed
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm considering a plan where I post replies in the wrong thread so that Dom can move them and feel productive.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm considering a plan where I post replies in the wrong thread so that Dom can move them and feel productive.

I can never make sense of what you post to even come close to know whether they're on topic or not, so you're good, homie.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 4 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife refers to it as "Your Frog Horn Guild website with all the boobs".

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Heavens_Myst still MIA after Obama won over Romney (basically, also Obama)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who needs to make a post proclaiming that they quit is just being an attention whore.

If you want to quit, you'll quit and at MOST PM someone you actually like to say bye.

This is the forum equivalent of a 24 year old emo girl leaving anti depressant medication for her parents to find

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 3 users