The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As long as there's some combination of Mike, Jay or Rich than I don't mind guests. When you've got a guest or guests plus the B team I'm less interested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Their Gremlins 3 pitch sounds great.

I think they hit a great point about Gremlins, almost haphazardly, where they didn't really even catch what they were saying towards the end. Gremlins is such a great movie, and concept, because the Gremlins are not expressly malicious. one of the classic problems with horror movies is, why is the ghost/demon wasting time opening/closing doors for days/years, then suddenly boom, super powerful kill everyone. sure some like "It" explain it by the creature feeding on fear or strife. but Gremlins allows so much fun, from Gremlins having wanton fun, pulling pranks, without any care for the consequences regardless how destructive. and everyone else is just caught in the crossfire.

theres a ton of creatures from Folklore that fit that bill. Coyote, gremlins, pixies, Fae in general.

This is not to dissimilar from Jumanji. This magical game, that was presumably created by someone for fun. So, while the unaware, this thing is terrifying, its not actually trying to hurt you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Wait did the new Gremlins video seriously get hit with a copy strike? Anyone happen to rip it? ><

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Wait did the new Gremlins video seriously get hit with a copy strike? Anyone happen to rip it? ><
It's fascinating, because I had it queued up earlier. So I'm watching it now, and it continues to load and play with no issues for the past 30 minutes. But opening a new tab it's blocked.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It's official. RLM is big-time now. WB dickslapped them!

Also I want to see their pitch for gremlins3. Trump unwittingly infests the nation with gremlins and they're all Twitter trolls. Lol.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wonder if one of them spent a few hours re editing it today and pulling out all the footage.

Seems like the sort of thing they'd do. And then a short on how shifty wb is. Probably a nerd crew.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They love the film and their re:view is a glowing endorsement. Hopefully once it makes it past the automated part and an actual human being at WB sees what's going on they drop the claim.

• 1Like