The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Fucker

Log Wizard
But Mike is just getting to the good peak of his career!

You know something's wrong when you are making shittier movies than Nicolas Cage. Funny they said the same thing in the video.

JT must have spent every dime he ever earned to have to make movies like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I doubt it. I bet he actually got paid for it. Back in the day they paid him with a fighter plane, didn't they? Wasn't that his salary for one movie? A fucking jet plane? That might have been arnie, but i'm pretty sure it was Travolta because he's a pilot too, and he wanted one.

I don't know if it's possible to squander that much money in 30 years.

I think it's like the guys said, and Travolta just want to keep working. If he's not on stage somewhere he might as well not be alive. It's not even what he does anymore it's just who he is. The quality of the projects is less important than the fact of them. I doubt it's about the money. Of course, who knows, Scientology might have bled him.

He's been doing it for a very long time. He was on a television show in the 70's and I doubt very much that was his first gig, just his big break. Think about it, that was 50 years ago.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Haven't seen the movie and it's probably terrible, but from the trailer, I don't think it was much work for Travolta either.

This clearly isn't some Disney blockbuster project where even (presently, not just formerly) big names are tied down for months and months with prep, tightly schedule promotion calendars, gag-contracts and more. There're no action set pieces. No second or third units shooting in different countries. Neither did Travolta go 6 months into deep method-acting prep for this.

If Red Letter Media is right, they did an evening or two of guerilla shooting on Hollywood Boulevard with Travolta as Bobby before having some drinks. A few more days of shooting at somebodies house and some studio. Done.

I'd be shocked if Travolta did more than 2 weeks of work on this. Put on a whig / costume. Do some weird improv. Have people fawn over him of being the "big star" on the set in ways people wouldn't anymore on a big studio movie.

I don't think there's any "The Room"-type of hilarity going on, where the main guy (or anybody on the project, including the Limp Bizkit guy) has been trying to pull this off for decades and thinks it's some great artistic masterpiece.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I doubt it. I bet he actually got paid for it. Back in the day they paid him with a fighter plane, didn't they? Wasn't that his salary for one movie? A fucking jet plane? That might have been arnie, but i'm pretty sure it was Travolta because he's a pilot too, and he wanted one.

I don't know if it's possible to squander that much money in 30 years.

I think it's like the guys said, and Travolta just want to keep working. If he's not on stage somewhere he might as well not be alive. It's not even what he does anymore it's just who he is. The quality of the projects is less important than the fact of them. I doubt it's about the money. Of course, who knows, Scientology might have bled him.

He's been doing it for a very long time. He was on a television show in the 70's and I doubt very much that was his first gig, just his big break. Think about it, that was 50 years ago.

Reminds me of this

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I believe they flat out stated the last Plinkett review was the last.
yeah, they also swear after every plinketto episode that they wont do anymore. after Rise of Shitwalker there will be another Plinket, after Indy 5 there will be another Plinkett. if Ghostbusters 4 is a dud, there will be another Plinket review. and so on.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
yeah, they also swear after every plinketto episode that they wont do anymore. after Rise of Shitwalker there will be another Plinket, after Indy 5 there will be another Plinkett. if Ghostbusters 4 is a dud, there will be another Plinket review. and so on.

They got sick of "when's the next Plinkett review" years and years ago and they obviously don't want to get pigeonholed in to just doing that one kind of review over and over a la Cinema Sins. There's nothing wrong with having a niche or putting out consistent content but they went broader. In the very beginning after plowing through their Plinkett reviews for Star Wars and Star Trek I didn't like their Half in the Bag show at all and hoped they would focus on Plinkett. If they had done that I wouldn't get the mix of Half in the Bag, Wheel/Best of the Worst, Re:View, The Nerd Crew, etc. that all have their own charm.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It's weird that they'll sit down and watch basically amateur industrial vids and review them. Whenever they do one of those it's kinda like "I'm not sure what they're supposed to even say about those".

But somehow they manage to find something to talk about for 45-60 minutes.

• 2Like