The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Re:view of tremors is great. It is a perfect movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Been hooked on all things RLM since Phantom Menace Plinkett review.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
RLM is a good watch. Their year end reviews are usually good to introduce or remind me other something I missed. The best video still has to be when they watch Transformers 1, 2, and 3 simultaneously.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm a big fan of their stuff.

My favorites of theirs are the Best of the Worst ( actually the Plinkett reviews are tops, but are only released every few years ) for a while, when a new Best of the worst came out I would make an effort to find the films, which are listed in the BotW episode description. The films are often on Youtube. And watch 20-30 mins to get a preview.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The Plinkett prequel reviews will always be their best stuff. Minus the random cutaways to Plinkett's RL or whatever, that stuff is always forced.

I used to feel this way as well, but I'm starting to think their Plinkett Ghostbusters 2016 review may be narrowly edging it out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've had a lot of their backlog playing in the background over the past few weeks and the corny VCR repair/plinkett stuff is growing on me. I think it was when Plinkett was falling down repeatedly in the pile of VCR tapes that finally made it click for me. It's so deadpan and absurd that you can't help but like it. Still not sold on the prequel style dead hooker stuff though.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Wow so much hate on Mike. He and Jay, are the brains of the operation. Mike is at his best when we his drunk and riding Rich like a 5 cent mule during Best of the Worst.

If I had to rank them from fav to least fav:

1) Mike
2) Rich
3) Jay
4) Jack
5) Balding Beard Dude... can never remember his name.

I'd even put the two Canadian dudes ahead of BBD but behind Jack.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Mike's off color comments are the garnish on top of every episode, as well as the inevitable Star Trek reference

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow so much hate on Mike. He and Jay, are the brains of the operation. Mike is at his best when we his drunk and riding Rich like a 5 cent mule during Best of the Worst.

If I had to rank them from fav to least fav:

1) Mike
2) Rich
3) Jay
4) Jack
5) Balding Beard Dude... can never remember his name.

I'd even put the two Canadian dudes ahead of BBD but behind Jack.
Yeah that's a reasonable top 5.

Whin was that women who used to show up on best on the worst when they were watching the movies, but not on the discussion panel?

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Whin was that women who used to show up on best on the worst when they were watching the movies, but not on the discussion panel?
I think that was Mike's wife. Who knows if that is true or if they are still together.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff

Jessi.

The only public thing anyone has said about her was from Jack on a pre-rec stream. And all he said was that Jessi chooses not to appear on camera anymore. It is speculated that she was getting horribly stalked and harassed.

Edit: Found a link

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
There was a subreddit dedicated to her feet and the comments on the RLM site pre RLM reddit were very stalkerish towards her. Needless to say she was out shortly after that came to light, people are real weird man

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm completely bored with TV and movies at this point in my life. I probably spend more time listening to movie commentary from these guys than I do actually watching movies these days. I'd rather listen these guys spend an hour talking about a shitty movie than spend 2 hours watching any movie myself. The star was holiday special is one of my favorites.

or Mike and Rich reading Darth Vader suit lore. This feels like the prequel to the Nerd Crew because there are a lot of youtube channels dedicated to stuff like this.

• 4Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Star Trek references are always on point. And I chuckle thinking it might beJay having to do the editing occasionally and having to find the relevant scene.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Star Trek references are always on point. And I chuckle thinking it might beJay having to do the editing occasionally and having to find the relevant scene.
He probably knows more than the average trekkie after all those years around Mike and Rich on top of having to edit many of the episodes.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i always thought Jocelyn (hooker) was Mike's GF/wife. but i think she was just some actress they hired

• 1Like