The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean it's fine for what it was, but his best work is clearly Raising Arizona and it's not close.
yeah, thats my favorite movie with him in it, but john goodman, tex cobb and holly hunter were great in it too. he's pretty awesome in other films since then. Kiss Of Death, Face Off, Con Air, The Rock and the National Treasure films.

-edit
and Kick Ass, he was great as Adam West Batman.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He tried to go SLJ but has shown up in the worst quality movies. Went from National Treasure and Lord of War to Wicker Man and Ghost Rider, swerved into Next and Knowing (somehow National Treasure 2 was in between), lane corrected to Kick-Ass and Astro Boy but crashed into Sorcerer's Apprentice and Drive Angry right after.

Nic never had a solid block after his classic era, it's always mixed in with garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
He tried to go SLJ but has shown up in the worst quality movies. Went from National Treasure and Lord of War to Wicker Man and Ghost Rider, swerved into Next and Knowing (somehow National Treasure 2 was in between), lane corrected to Kick-Ass and Astro Boy but crashed into Sorcerer's Apprentice and Drive Angry right after.

Nic never had a solid block after his classic era, it's always mixed in with garbage.

Knowing was so fucking bad that I watched it, apparently completely forgot it, and then rewatched it and didn't know until 30 minutes into it that I had seen it. And I love movies and remember them all. I can still remember like The Big Blue and Greencard movies from when I was a child.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There was a bit of gruesomeness in Knowing that I liked despite it being shit. It's small thing overall but I couldn't get over no one believing Cage despite his evidence being a list of time stamped GPS coordinates for every disaster of the last 100 years with exact death tolls. The evidence needed to be way shittier or he needed to be met with way less skepticism.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was a bit of gruesomeness in Knowing that I liked despite it being shit. It's small thing overall but I couldn't get over no one believing Cage despite his evidence being a list of time stamped GPS coordinates for every disaster of the last 100 years with exact death tolls. The evidence needed to be way shittier or he needed to be met with way less skepticism.
i think a lot of people were put off by the retarded alien connection at the end. and people in movies never believe the nutty guy no matter how much truth he drops.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How the fuck is Gone in 60 Seconds not mentioned here? A lot of his good movies had nothing to do with him, Lord of War I'd say was an exception. He was fantastic in that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
From what I understand, nic cage had some tax evasion issues and needed to get some quick income. So he picked some b-films and just went to town.

Thing is, there's a lot of freedom you get as an actor in those types of films. It's entirely possible he just prefers working in that atmosphere. I mean he's basically done it all acting wise, so maybe he's just doing what he wants till he retires

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
nicolas cage GIF

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
From what I understand, nic cage had some tax evasion issues and needed to get some quick income. So he picked some b-films and just went to town.

Thing is, there's a lot of freedom you get as an actor in those types of films. It's entirely possible he just prefers working in that atmosphere. I mean he's basically done it all acting wise, so maybe he's just doing what he wants till he retires

he himself has said multiple times if he's not working he is very self destructive, so he basically is always working.. article also mentions a $6m tax bill he had to pay down in 2012

and yeah he and johnny depp are absolutely shitty with money, spending most of their money on total garbage like buying dinosaur skeletons, private islands, tons of cars and houses, thousands of bottles of wine, etc.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My take:
They made peace with George Lucas because it pointed out the Disney fuck ups are way worse than the prequels.

• 1Great Review

Fadaar

That guy
what if George Lucas actually comes on a B/WOTW episode and they don't tell anyone until it goes up? that'd be their endgame, nothing could ever top it.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Wish it would of been Lucas and fuck butt point guy dressed as Shatner instead of random goon.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
My take:
They made peace with George Lucas because it pointed out the Disney fuck ups are way worse than the prequels.
I wish they had said "Feud with George Lucas" 2011-2021 because that joke is going to suck if he actually dies this year.

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Fantastic very fair review. And pointed out a lot of shit in Whedon’s cut that really made no sense.

• 2Like