The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how does Macaulay Culkin fit in all of this?

Edit: funny timing with Warriors Video. I was independently thinking of 'Mac' randomly being on

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
They need to get rid of Culkin. He's so fucking awkward and creepy and does not fit in with the rest of the group AT ALL.

All I can figure at this point is he must be Rich Evans new live-in boyfriend, there is no other reason why he has been on semi-regular.

That awkward laugh, the overly effeminate mannerism;, he has zero screen charisma and I have stopped watching videos they put him in.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
So how does Macaulay Culkin fit in all of this?

Max Landis got Culkin to film a bit for the episode Landis was on - (if you haven't watched Rich try to explain Double Down, then you haven't lived).

Culkin then appeared on any number of Youtube channels to promote his Youtube channel/ podcast? (hell if I know), of which Red Letter Media was one.

The guys keep bringing him back because the only other get they can manage is the writer of the 2016 Blair Witch remake.

(Note: They readily admit they film a bunch of these when someone is in town and spread them out, Culkin's only physically been there twice.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything they do is cringy. That's part of the appeal. The only episode they felt extra cringy was the max landis one. What they need is more Len Kabazinsci.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They need to get rid of Culkin. He's so fucking awkward and creepy and does not fit in with the rest of the group AT ALL.

All I can figure at this point is he must be Rich Evans new live-in boyfriend, there is no other reason why he has been on semi-regular.

That awkward laugh, the overly effeminate mannerism;, he has zero screen charisma and I have stopped watching videos they put him in.
i agree on all those points except i find it fascinating to watch this weirdo try to interact with normal human beings. you can clearly see the RLM guys view him as some sort of "WTF really?" person they need to showcase for hilarity.

iannis

Musty Nester
Breen looks like an actual crazy person and I think it would just get mean. Not funny mean, painfully mean.

It almost got mean for a minute with len, and I think those guys actually appreciate len.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
They need to have Freddie Williams on more often. Couldn't remember his name so had to go back and look through their videos but he was a good one.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Breen looks like an actual crazy person and I think it would just get mean. Not funny mean, painfully mean.

It almost got mean for a minute with len, and I think those guys actually appreciate len.
Breen wouldnt be a good guest, he would just start yelling at the RLM guys and walk off

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The Max Landis appearances were quite funny when you saw the whole storyline play out.

It had started with them doing a review of one of the films he'd written and they were explaining his tweets about how the production suffered due to "this reason, that thing etc"

They did this reading his statements in a mocked voice of a whiney stuck-up awkward guy. Out of the blue he contacts them, apparently he's a fan of their work, and he comes to Milwaukee for an interview and is on one of their BotW videos ( posted above ) plus other things he's done for them.

He's a peculiar guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
someone also remixed the two shows

tl;dr: some podcast retard host got butthurt that he didn't get a Disney invite to the new Star Wars theme park and acted like a bitch on his podcast

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
can tell the quality of a video by how drunk mike is at the beginning

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users