The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, surprisingly, Mac wasn't half bad in that Wheel of the Worst episode. I still can't bring myself to watch that Warrior's video though, too much if he is 50% of the talking.

Still don't like him.

I called it on him being Rich Evans's boyfriend - Rich is the Big Spoom.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't mind him too much but he definitely drags things down. It's not that he isn't funny, his humour is just too obvious compared to the guys.

Their shows need more Jack IMO

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
i miss jack and rich doing their video game streams
Eh, I got annoyed by their reviews when I saw a couple of games I had played. They clearly didn't finish the games and whined about shit a third of the way into the games that was that way on purpose. And the streams were usually pretty bad gameplay as well.

I'd rather they stream the BotW table discussions for the degenerate mess those would become. I don't want them interacting with chat either. I just want to see the uncut assholeness to each other once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Eh, I got annoyed by their reviews when I saw a couple of games I had played. They clearly didn't finish the games and whined about shit a third of the way into the games that was that way on purpose. And the streams were usually pretty bad gameplay as well.

I really liked watching them playing the Friday the 13th game but nothing else. There was enough downtime to fit in stories, the subject matter I felt was RLM appropriate and they were competent playing it. Something like Jack playing a five dollar wing suit simulator, on the other hand, had absolutely nothing going for it. They were too shit at PUBG for any match to ever go anywhere.

If they had done something like tie in what they were playing with other RLM content (play the Mad Max tie-in around when their Mad Max re-view was out) or stuck to horror/sci fi/action schlock style games they might have been able to carve out a sort of niche?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, 1:07 is raw nightmare fuel.
Red Letter Media essentially making an Adult Swim bit as sponsored content to hawk an Adult Swim-related product is a development. Is this their first (actually) sponsored bit (unlike Fandango?
Edit: I suppose we now know why they had been so light contentwise recently, that set has a door _and_ a window?!?

iannis

Musty Nester
I wonder if that's where their money comes from.

They have patreon and merch.

And all those fat checks from Sony and disney.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it sucks that trailblazers like RLM who put a ton of effort into their comedy and reviews are just passing 1m subs after almost a decade when some makeup whore gets millions on several channels in a few months.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
A few years back I looked into which channels made the big money on youtube, and the biggest earner is some lady who un-boxes kids toys and then plays with them.

What really? she makes $15 Million a year.

• 1Mother of God

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A few years back I looked into which channels made the big money on youtube, and the biggest earner is some lady who un-boxes kids toys and then plays with them.

What really? she makes $15 Million a year.
i doubt that entire RLM crew clears 150-200k combined.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Those fucking lines in their parody... were actual verbatim show lines.

my god man

Also, did they kidnap Jay and force him to watch the season with them?