The Repopulation

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
"It is a sandbox oriented MMORPG with an eye on innovation. Rather than forcing players down preset paths they are instead allowed to walk the path which they enjoy the most. With a variety of combat oriented and non-combat activities to pursue, we believe we've created a game that can stand the test of time."

Unless its total garbage I'll support it just on the above. Looks very aggressive feature wise for the budget. At least someone is trying something different.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
"It is a sandbox oriented MMORPG with an eye on innovation. Rather than forcing players down preset paths they are instead allowed to walk the path which they enjoy the most. With a variety of combat oriented and non-combat activities to pursue, we believe we've created a game that can stand the test of time."

Unless its total garbage I'll support it just on the above. Looks very aggressive feature wise for the budget. At least someone is trying something different.
Aside from "sandbox" (the industry buzzword of the year) that paragraph could be interpreted to describe WoW. So by all means go with the game based on its merits, but the marketing speak you quoted is empty dribble.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aside from "sandbox" (the industry buzzword of the year) that paragraph could be interpreted to describe WoW. So by all means go with the game based on its merits, but the marketing speak you quoted is empty dribble.
repopulation has been in development for couple years now claiming sandbox the entire time. This is one of the games im really looking forward to and have high hopes for, mainly for the pvp aspects. Ill get behind any game that can let me build my city and let you try to destroy it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The industry latching onto sandbox as its golden feature for 2014 makes me very happy. I hope they'll switch from that to VR.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game has been in invited alpha for over a year. Started a thread on it back on FOH. Never got much traction.

It uses the Hero Engine.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i havnt looked at their website in a while. Offering headstart days in a PvP focused game in return for donations is retarded.

Looks like vapor ware. Any game that posts that many alpha videos on their site as "Proof of Concept" cries desperation.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I am curious to see beta, but this was a) a sandbox from the start b) in some ways thought of as swg2 ( without the light sabres ) ... However, its hard to say how the game has evolved and at this point if we don't see something in 2014 as in openish beta, i think vaporware concerns are certainly valid.

Also, those are some fucking awesome stretch goal priorities. Going from 35k to 40k gets you:

Nation/Stationary Mountable Turrets (okay, sounds useful)
Earrings and Nose Ring Options (wat)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
how the hell can you even write that? all WoW was was preset paths. you literally went from A to B to C, following the quest hubs. what they explained about this game doesn't sound anything even remotely CLOSE to WoW...

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For the game sure, I am not disputing that at all.

I was merely pointing out that the paragraph of open-ended marketing speak that Kedwyn praised could be interpreted as nearly any game.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
These guys have been pretty upfront and open with info from day 1. I don't think their communication could be any better.

As for the sandbox term being marketing speak, this game has been in development long before sandboxes became the next buzzword.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I can't help by read the game title and think it will be about raiding other guilds for women to hoard away for baby-making duties.