The Repopulation

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im still amazed at how little information came out about this when the NDA dropped. Its just not on the map at all.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Maybe we are all too busy playing this amazing game to come here and post about it.

Just kidding - never heard of this piece.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
If you look around on twitch you can find people streaming it. The first thing I noticed is the hotbar, straight out of galaxies.

Visually it looks very 2004, but I think the idea is to give the old starwars galaxies experience. Tons of skills and crafting and such. A friend kickstarted and has been messing around in the early client a bit. I know he's done some creature taming, and he says it has a bunch of the same type of rifle / carbine debuff style effects the old game had.

ili_sl

shitlord
I would wait to see what is in the cashshop. They said it won't be pay-to-win (weapons/armor) but they will have booster of different types exp, mounts, ect. Skill gains are so slow that they seem to be dependent on boosters. It is posted that the game is 90-95% feature complete. It sounds like everything that comes later will cost money to unlock(if anything comes later). Crafting is HUGELY dependent on other players. There are just to many steps and different skills involved in making items to do it alone. Skills soft cap at 60000 (it is slow from the start ). Harvesting even takes forever cause you have to sit there an enhance node to get better QL stuff.

GMs giving away millions of credits an items to freshly new players(streamers).
Game is ripe for hackers and corrupt GMs.

I was interested but after watching a few hours of streams its gone.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Got comped this game over the weekend, took me literally half of sunday to get my UI, Settings and Keybindings to a usable state.

Wasn't too impressed with that at all, devs say that's top priority before beta launches, empty words?

The game by itself is entirely empty feeling. What little I did get to play at the capital city. I counted 5 dudes in the main town and 3 in global chat... lol

Hero engine is very pronounced in this title with ability queues and animation priorities. (Strafing takes a full second after keypress to actually move)

The path it's on for complexity is there, however the devs are pushing complexity just for complexities sake.

They take a very firm stance on non-macro play and they even take it so far as to scale down your progression rates by more than 50% if you stand in one spot doing the same thing too many times. I stood in one spot healing some friends with the medic gun and watched my healing rate decay into 10% efficiency. I had to wait 90 seconds to get it to scale back up.

I "THINK" I can like this game... but I'm not entirely sure, I need to give it a bit more time.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Hero engine is very pronounced in this title with ability queues and animation priorities. (Strafing takes a full second after keypress to actually move)
Almost assuredly a deal-breaker for me. I need to move when I keypress; anything other is far too jarring and absolutely ruins gameplay for me.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I only strafe while moving forward now, like I said, it takes a while to get the input controls fully functional and takes a good deal after that to get used to them.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Day 2 involved a buddy getting this game for free as well and us dinking around outside plymouth city. I managed to get my entertainment skill (dancing) up to like 50 or so waiting for him to get out of the tutorial.

Initial impressions are improving, we went exploring (which is a source of training points for skill abilities). I got the bio contamination AOE DoT from the first aid tree and it's super bugged and pulls mobs in a 300+ meter range to us. My buddy got a flame thrower and AE nukes the mobs as they come into range while I keep us healed.

Game's super busted and easily exploitable at the moment but that's to be expected I suppose.

Also my roundhouse kick does as much damage as a rifle shot so that's neat.

Over-all the sense of adventure is there for the bright eyed noob after getting out of the crazy ass tutorial and skipping all the starting city quests because they're extremely poorly done.

-- Upcoming Changes to the game --
Adversarial Camps
.Adjusted adversarial camps to fix a problem where sometimes camps were growing beyond the difficulty that was intended for them.
.Made a number of adjustments to the Adversarial Camps in the Northern Range. They spawn further away from the roads, are fewer in numbers, and are slightly easier than was previously the case.
Audio
.Added new interior soundscapes from Clyde Shorey. These are used in the tutorial instances and at the labs.
.Automatic music switching between combat and non-combat is now turned off by default. You can toggle it at any time in the Audio Settings.
.Added new sounds when you toggle abilities on or off.
.Added new sound effects to certain abilities.
.Added new teleportation sound effects.
.Music volume now defaults to being lower volume.

Combat
.Your ability queue is now cleared after killing your target. If you have Auto Find Targets enabled your next ability will still automatically select a target, but it won't happen from the queue.
.Adjusted the skill gain/effective level to scale properly with the different tiers of skill (was a flat divide before). This will have the adverse effect (good or bad) of making it much harder to gain skill points on very low level npcs as the player effective level increases much quicker now.
.Death messages are now printed in combat logs. This is primarily to make parsing of fights easier.
.Melee weapon damage was boosted by 10%.
.EMP weapon damage was increased by 10%.

Engagements
.Added a new tweakable setting to engagements to allow their spawn rates to globally be decreased or increased. This will make it easier for us to adjust spawn rates from a single place.
.Improved internal engagement debugging tools.
.You should no longer receive generic success or failure messages for engagements unless you have contributed to that engagement in some manner.
.New engagement: "Bombs in Elkar Wood". This is part of the a series in Thicket Overwatch.
.New Engagement: "Freedomtown Need Resources" at Arboleda.
.New Engagement: "Water Tanks Repair" at Thicket Overwatch. This is part of a series there.
.Added lvl 20 Manned Cannons to Thicket Overwatch to assist players in the Mercenaries engagement.
.New Engagement, "Mercenary Camp at Elkar Wood". This is part of the Thicket Overwatch series.
.The Mercenaries engagement no longer scales in difficulty based on the number of players. Since many of these players are newbies in this area this was making the engagement too tough in some cases.
.Lesoo Raid on the Shed: Roughly doubled the time from the engagement to trigger again after completion, since it was restarting a bit too frequently.
.Made some adjustments to Lesoo Raid at The Shed. Added a Personal Turret to help on defense.
.New Engagement, "Water Tanks Reinforcement" at Elkar Wood.
.Added Repair Bots to "Water Tanks Reinforcement" and "Water Tanks Repairs" engagements.
.Improved "Propaganda?" engagement at Plymouth City.
.New Engagement "Freedomtown Need Resources" at Twin Falls.
.Slightly move 2 hidden bombs at Plymouth City that were half buried in walls.
.Made numerous adjustments to the Chromite Shortage engagement and Yeoman Stingel in Freedomtown to prevent some problems with the engagement, and keep it around a little longer on average.
.Improved "Bombs In City" engagement in numerous minor ways.
.Minor tweaks to engagements at Boglands Area.
.Updated Thicket Overwatch engagements, paths, mobspawns, models and FX to match graphical upgrades.

Graphics
.We've introduced a new Auto-configuration system for video settings. This will attempt to configure your video settings automatically when you create your first character, while watching the introduction sequence. Preexisting characters can have it run this from the video options. This system will start your video card in low settings and then run through a checklist, adding various features and checking their effect on your cards performance.
.Made adjustments to initial graphics settings to improve the default quality.
.Made adjustments to the default dynamic shadow update rate to reduce swimming artifacts.
.Added ambient occlusion to various pieces of player clothing.
.Added ambient occlusion to the mechcrawler texture maps.
.Added 10 trash can models.
.Added 82 new ability icons.
.Added ambient occlusion to the male and female skin textures.
.Added ambient occlusion to the maintenance bot texture maps.
.Added new model: mobile dish
.Added ambient occlusion to the sentry bot texture maps.

Housing
.Properly added rotation awareness to furniture marked you can sit down on. This allows them to be rotated and seated on properly now.
.Added a many new structures including 13 Beds, 6 Cabinets, 4 Benches, 2 Chairs, 22 Shelves, 16 Lockers, 1 Table, 13 Grate Walls, 3 Crafting Station Alternatives, 6 Signs, 11 Terminals, 1 Laptop, 1 Tablet, 23 Barricade Walls, OWON Banners, 2 Tents, 2 "Industrial" buildings, 4 Unit Buildings, and 6 Tech Buildings.
.Increased the ceiling height of the city region in Ravine Fal.
.Made some minor adjustments to trees near the Plymouth Pond housing region which had some of the newer tree's branches overhanging into the housing plot region.
.Made some adjustments to the Twin Hills housing area so that plots could be properly placed.
.Made some adjustments to trees and terrain in the Twin Hills housing area to allow for more houses.

Inquiries
.Introduced several new missions which are initiated or progressed through the inquiry system.
.Added new inquiries based around Sept Falls.
.Updated inquiries for Mitchell's Farm.
.Improved the directions to Grace Binkley if you inquire about her with other NPCs.

Items and Fittings
.Introduced a new Specue Medical Scanner. These scanners have been adjusted to heal more effectively, but are less effective as weapons. This weapon can only be obtained as a mob drop, engagement or mission reward.
.New book (a song) "Kalinka, by Jutz Klanger"; will give the first reader a small, permanent bonus to Entertainment Skill.
.Made adjustments to a number of loot tables to make loot a little more common.
.Added new hand wraps which can be used in Unarmed Combat while providing fitting slots. They are more effective than the hand blades against heavier armors, but less effective vs. lighter ones.
.Added more items as generic mission and random NPC loot.
.Added additional loot and loot chances to numerous types of missions, engagements and bosses.
Minigames
.New Engagement/Minigame "Water Tanks on Fire" at Thicket Overwatch.
.Light adjustments to fishing minigame location near Twin Falls.

Miscellaneous
.Removed the 2x bid/buyout rule on auctions. Bids cannot be equal or greater than buyout in hte current implementation.
.The Tiq Sennu prison has opened for business. Players who violate policies will be sent directly to jail for a timeout.
.Numerous adjustments were made to the automatic name validation system. This auto-flags some offensive names while allowing for one more consonant in a row, and allows for shorter names.
.3 letter single name characters are now supported.
.The dive/roll tip now informs the player how to use the period key when holding a direction first, rather than as an also can.
.Made adjustments to the cloning points available in Oasis Approach and parts of southern Aza.
.Cleaned up some of the console debug output.
.Added a msg to warn you when you try to steal something repeatedly.

Missions
.Reduced the credit rewards on engagement turn in missions but added miscellaneous crafted items into the reward table. The big reward on these engagement was intended to be the top performer rewards on completion, not the individual turn ins.
.Missions are now able to reward players with random fittings. These fittings are different from crafting fittings and of low quality. They are generally available from missions of medium complexity or difficulty. This reward type was added to numerous different generated mission templates. Players shouldn't expect to see a ton of these, but you will earn them from time to time.
.New Plymouth Entertainer mission "Forgotten Songs"; Jutz Klanger asks those with some experience of entertaining to help with a book he is writing about cultural memories. He thinks several people around Plymouth are having cultural memories pop up that manifest in them humming parts of a song with odd words.
.New Inquiry Mission in Sept Falls: "Azrayella's Info". Ask Azrayella about information brokers to initiate this line.
.New Mission in Plymouth - Undercover Antics. Sequel to A Clandestine Affair. Even more ooh la la!
.Thicket Overwatch: Inquiry Mission "Brewen's Biography". Ask Sgt Brewen about himself to initiate this mission.
.New Mission "Calibrite for Reinforcement Needed" tied to "Water Tanks Reinforcement" engagement.
.New Mission "Resources for Freedomtown Needed" tied to "Freedomtown Need Resources" engagement at Arboleda.
.New Inquiry Mission in Sept Falls "Ask Azreyella About Sgt Brewens Past". Will you? (This mission is part of a series and requires you to have completed "Brewen's Murky Past".)
.New Mission in Plymouth - Weapons materials required - Alumerite. We always need more weapons.
.New Mission "Calibrite for Repairs Needed" tied to "Water Tanks Repair" engagement.
.New mission in Plymouth, "A Covert Caper": following "Undercover Antics", Judith Parker needs your discrete services.
.New FPR combat mission in Brenning, "Creatures of the Night". Those incompetent soldiers at Thicket Overwatch have done it again and let the Elkar past the blockades. Clean up their mess.
.New FPR combat mission "Lynch the Witch". Our scouts have spotted a Lurker Witch-Doctor in Twin Falls. We assume it is the cause of our lurker problems.
.New FPR combat mission "Troublemakers". It seems some Riffraff Bandits are still causing trouble for us in Twin Falls. Will they ever learn?
.New FPR combat mission "Axe the Cause". While you're out there in Twin Falls dealing with Riffraff problem, keep a eye out for an Axemaster: he may be the one giving them orders.
.New FPR combat mission in Brenning, "Large and in Charge". A Large Arvorr has been spotted near your location in Brenning. Make sure your squad removes it.
.New FPR combat mission "Clear the Woods". There are three problems in Tandil: drakes, drakes, and more drakes.
.New FPR combat mission in Brenning, "Desert Foragers". Defense wants no help from Hunting; and specially not from Gwen Oulopathis.
.New FPR combat mission "Source of the Problem". Tackle the drake infestation in Tandil at its source: a huge Breeding Drake.
.New Medical Mission in Plymouth. mPLY Medically Fit. First Aid skills count.
.New FPR combat mission "Thin the Herd": The herd of Hokfig in Koywe poses a danger to travelers along the road between the Scorched Gorge Outpost and Scar's Wall.
.New FPR combat mission "No Disruptions": help Gloria Barbour keep the Arazet Bridge in Twin Hills safe from Lesoo hunting parties.
.New FPR combat mission "Slay the Master". It would greatly help the FPR cause if you would kill the Lesoo Rhinoc Master that taken up residence in Twin Hills...
.New FPR combat mission "Cut Back the Weeds". The Achillea can become a real hazard if they grow too large.
.New FPR combat mission "Mating Season": There is particularly aggressive Large Hokfig Bull in Koywe which Gwen Oulopathis needs removed.
.New FPR combat mission "Take Out the Master". Defeating the Riff Raff Axemaster should be very demoralizing for his gang.
.New Mission "Resources for Freedomtown Needed" tied to "Freedomtown Need Resources" engagement.
.New FPR combat mission "Champion of the Desert": Gwen will throw in something extra if your team, while hunting the Scaed'ecoos in Ollaseca, can also take down their Champion.
.Improved rewards for the following missions: Power Infusers Needed, Lumber for the Watch, Freedomtown Needs Power Infusers, and Metal Casing Needed.
.New FPR combat mission "No Right": What gives the Lesoo the right to hunt in Koywe? Drive those savages out!
.New Plymouth mission: "A Love of Lilac". Help Anna Kelly with jobs she needs doing for the bakery.
.New FPR combat mission in Arboleda, "Pull the Weeds." The Fragaria Achillea there are growing virtually unchecked. Gwen needs you to do some "gardening."
.New FPR combat mission "On the Loose!": There are reports of a Mutated Raxin on the loose in Ollaseca. This requires the attention of your group.
.New FPR combat missions "Finish the Figs": Prove to Gwen Oulopathis that she can count you among the best hunters in the FPR by killing Hokfig in Twin Hills.
.New FPR combat mission "The Other Half". Those fools from Defense don't seems to realize that killing the Lesoo only solve half the problem we have with them - you need to eliminate their pets as well.
.New FPR combat mission, "Stay Out of Our Way." The Lesoo in Bald Forest have clearly not learned that they need to stay away from FPR territory.
.New FPR combat mission "No Bull About It". Killing Twin Hill's Large Hokfig Bull would be a noteworthy undertaking...
.New FPR combat mission "Just Kill It". A lone Turloc Witch-doctor has taken up residence in Arboleda. No good can come from that.
.New FPR combat mission, "The Master and the Doctor". The Lesoo in Bald Forest are being commanded by a Rhinoc Master and a Witch-Doctor. Eliminate them so the military can concentrate on the war with OWON.
.Converted mission "Ask Brewen" from a static mission to an inquiry mission. You will now need to use the inquiry system to find out more about Sgt Brewen. This mission is part of a series and requires you to have completed "Brewen's Murky Past".
.Improved the description and reward of the Delivery to Koleyna static mission.
.Improved the rewards in the Medical Supplies to Taak long range delivery mission.
.Improved the rewards and increased the tier of the Clear the Lesoo Traps mission.
.Updated text and FX to match NPC to kill goal in the "Deal with Dwarf Achillea in Fanshaw Hollow" mission.
.Reworded parts of the Advanced Crafting: Ore Refining tutorial to make the ingredients portion easier to comprehend.
.Added more generated mission to the Aza region.

Nations
.Added the scale/placement/rotation locks into the client side code so they would work properly on nation structures.
.Improved GM support for repairing problems which may arise with nations.
.You can no longer invite a character to join your nation until they have left the training instances.

NPCs
.Some of the military NPCs in Freedomtown have more static posts to make them easier to find in missions. This doesn't include all NPCs.
.Reduced the aggro ranges of Numbskull and Riffraff bandits. This does not affect their scouts though, be wary of scouts!
.Ranged Lesoo attacks now do energy damage and allow you to gain skill with Rifle or Automatic Weapon Defense.
.The FPR have been sending additional Scout Bots to the area near Ammann Village.
.Rocharus Pups can now spawn in more locations including the North Plymouth Mountains and Bog's Edge.
.Improved NPC pathing in Freedomtown.
.Added new NPCs to the Candy Shop in Freedomtown. This includes professions and personality types which were previously unavailable in the city.
.New NPC "Robert Pradier" spawned as collector for "Freedomtown Need Resources" engagement and "Resources for Freedomtown Needed" mission at Twin Falls.
.Increased Manned Cannons range, it was lower than a regular NPC.
.New NPC "Yeoman Costeki" spawned as collector for "Water Tanks Reinforcement" engagement and "Calibrite for Reinforcement Needed" mission at Elkar Wood.
.Updated background and location for Sadie Mitchell, Farah Mitchell, Raika Ekkans, Barlonne Ekkans and Colman Green to reflect the new geography of the Freedomtown zone.
.Phil Keller has a new outfit to reflect his station.
.New NPC "Edward Saad" spawned as collector for "Freedomtown Need Resources" engagement and "Resources for Freedomtown Needed" mission at Arboleda.
.New NPC "Yeoman Santillan" spawned as collector for "Water Tanks Repair" engagement and "Calibrite for Repairs Needed" mission at Elkar Wood.
.Added a wider variety to of NPC outfits to camp spawned faction NPCs.
.Mubark Bulls will no longer spawn very close to Thicket Overwatch.
.Updated background and location for William Mitchell to reflect the new geography of the Freedomtown zone.
.Updated background and location for Sergeant Brewen at Thicket Overwatch to reflect his recent move to a new position within the base.

Pets
.Pets can now have longer range than was previously the case.
.Numerous types of NPCs and turrets had their attack range increased.
.You should now gain pet skill significantly faster if you were a pet user who let your pets do all of the fighting and just observed or healed them.
.If you try to convert a pet into a mount and already have one of that type it will no longer allow you to do so.
Resources
.Added the following resources near the Tiq Sennu Prison: Aquaios and Tungsten. Also added generated resource spawners.
.Made adjustments to the harvestable regions in Pahookie and Niseya to better distribute them and fix repair some issues.
.Twin Hills: Raised & reshaped the Iron, Tungsten, Copper and Cobalt resource regions.
.Made some adjustments to resource regions in Founder's Grove.
.Alluvium spawn in Founders Grove no longer gives Greater Quality SI points.

Skills and Abilities
.Increased the difficulty gap in which you can gain skills from NPCs who are less than challenging to you. This should make it easier for players to skill up offensive or defensive skills earlier on in the game.
.Entertainer dances and tales have been modified to have a minimum 20 minute duration which can be stacked to 80 minutes before any duration increases are applied. Abilities which were second and third tier have also had their success chances increased and their base duration boosted slightly.
.Increased the duration and effectiveness of Entertainer's advanced combination buffs.
.Increased the area of effect of the Open Mind ability (Entertainment).
.Marching Chant (Entertainment) has had it's minimum duration increased to 3 minutes and can be stacked up to 5 minutes.
.Reduced the usage time of the Rescue Ability (First Aid) from 1.5 to 1 second. Unlike many other medical abilities, you can do this on the move.
.Spray Biohazard (First Aid) no longer has a usage time. It works similar to normal attack abilities. It also had a new FX given to it.
.Overload Powercell (First Aid) now does electro-magnetic damage, in addition to having a chance to knockdown your opponent.
.Significantly improved the Heal Over Time effects of Just a Scratch and Only A Flesh Wound (First Aid). These were intended to increase exponentially, but were bugged previously. The duration has also been increased to a minute.
.Reduced the usage and recharge time of the Take Aim ability (Rifles).
.Increased Shockgun damage by 10% across the board.
.Increased the rate at which First Aid gains skill by roughly 25%.
.Increased the rate at which you gain Acrobatics skill from diving or rolling.
.Increased the skill gain rate of Entertainment abilities.
.Lunging Thrust (Bladed Weapon Tactics) no longer requires Momentum, but does have a five second longer recharge time.
.Doubled the Area of Effect radius of Draw Attention (Protection).
.Sprinting will now automatically make you stand if you are crouching or prone.
Trade Skills
.The Scrounge For Water code is plugged up into the suspected bot diminishing returning code.
.Adjusted the minimum grade code for harvesting NPCs so it will eliminate the lower grade checks so it has a much better chance of getting higher grades. Example if a npc was set to As only it would still roll F-D and set them to A if they were rolled, this would result in a lot of A0s as a result. New code skips the F-D rolls and you will get the full range of A0-A9s now.
.Introduced new Installations crafting recipe: Pillar Production -Blueprint.
.Introduced a new Metalworking recipe: Simple Component Fabrication
.Introduced new Installations crafting recipe: Cable Construction -Blueprint.
.Introduced new Installations crafting recipe: Well Construction.
.Introduced new Installations crafting recipe: Industrial Generator Construction -Blueprint.
.Introduced new Installations crafting recipe: Generator Construction -Blueprint.
.Introduced new Carpentry crafting recipe: Cart Construction.
.Introduced new Carpentry recipe: Wheel Construction.
.Introduced new Hacking crafting recipe: Monitor.
.Introduced new Hacking crafting recipe: Tall Monitor.
.Introduced new Hacking crafting recipe: Active Monitor.
.Introduced a new Firearms recipe:Collapsible Stock.
.Slightly reduced skill gains from harvesting.
.Added 42 missing patterns to the Metallurgist Vendors
.Added Calibrite-Carbon Curule Leg Pattern to carpentry vendors
.Added Ram Pin Patterns to Crafting Supplies and Firearms vendors.
.You can now purchase Sterilizing Agents from Medical and Cloning Supplies vendors.
.Moved Melee Vibro Power Assembly, and EMelee Electro Power Assembly, onto their correct component Types. Added Branch for Electro, and moved the Power assemblies to the appropriate branches.
.Carpentry: Decorative Table Support is now accepted in recipes that need it.
.You can no longer scrounge for water successfully inside of the city in of Sept Falls.
.Added Black Dye Kits to Primary Armor Dyeing Recipe
.Added F Grade output of Ruined Materials to Divan Production to allow High grade outputs to be made.
.Reduced the vendor price of a number of items that the vendors thought were more rare than they actually were.
.Round Tabletop Pattern has had it's branching fixed (No longer thinks it's an actual tabletop)
.Increased the drop and mission reward rate of the Injected Boosters advanced training manual.
.Reduced the value of animal fat.
.Reduced the vendor buy price of Vehicle Engineering components.
.Lowered the value of Limestone Cluster, Borax Cluster and Fluorite Cluster to bring them in line.
.Added F Grade output of Ruined Materials to Hassock Production to allow High grade outputs of Elegant Rectangular Hassock to be made.
.Rubber hose should now work correctly in recipes requiring it.
.Large metal base is now accepted as an ingredient of the Starship Services Chair recipe.
.Acrylic Upholstered Seat Panel moved to the correct Component Type and Branch.
.Rectangular Nano-Composite Tabletop Pattern will now work correctly in recipes requiring it.
.Recipe: Composite Table Assembly - Composite Barrel Table. Filter corrected for table base.

User Interface
.There is now an option to disable Ability Queues in the Game Options window. These Queues allows RPG Mode players to Queue an ability if it is not yet ready to be used due to a cooldown or global cooldown. This option allows players to disable it's functionality if they wish.
.Added a Clear button to the Survey Window. Pressing this button will clear your current scanned resource list.
.The Mission Survey window is no longer auto centered in the middle of your screen. This was preventing problems if it popped up while players were doing other activities, for example a combat mission that closes on completion while you are in combat.
.The Mission Survey Window will no longer pop up if you are in Action Mode.
.Added a Newbie chat channel for new players to ask questions and receive answers without bothering players who do not wish to aid. You can turn this channel off in the Chat Settings. You can chat in this channel using "/newbie " or by selecting it from your selectable list of channels on the chat window.
.Above Average and Strong NPCs now have an icon that shows next to their level indicator on their nameplate. This leaves boss/mini-boss in the old category that has the single red icon.
.You will no longer see an Abandon button in detail windows for completed missions.
.You can once again use the Disable Hints option in Interface Options to disable hint pop up messages.
.Mail now double checks to make sure that mailed items are in your inventory on the client before sending. This prevents an issue where people could do a bait and switch.
.The Completed Mission detail windows from the Mission History tab will now hide panels which it has no data available for.
.Marked some trees near Ammann Village to not appear in the minimap as they were covering up roads.

World
.Gave a decoration pass to numerous areas. Most notably Plymouth Pond and Thicket Overwatch.
.Added new furniture, signs and lighting to the Candy Shop bar in Freedomtown.
.Created blend triggers for the Candy Shop which allows the environment to get dark when going indoors.
.Added new objects which can be stolen at the Candy Shop in Freedomtown.
.Added detail (props and particles) to the entrance of the Lurker Cave in Fool's Sanctuary, as well as the tunnel connected to the cave.
.Adjusted the rare spawn and one time mission spawn locations Outside Freedomtown.
.Added additional trees, rocks, and decorations to the Arid Grove in the Wailing Chasm.
.Added decorations and made adjustments to trees in Brenning.
.The first time you visit Ochoahe Grove in Tandil you will receive a small but permanent boost to your Logging skill.
.You will receive an achievement and a small permanent bonus to your Carpentry skills if you explore the Lussfeol Woods in Tandil.
.The bridge in Twin Hills is known known as Arazet Bridge.
.Twin Hills: Your Installations skill will receive a small permanent boost if you explore the Arazet Bridge.
.Obstinada: You will get an achievement and a small permanent boost to your Blunt Weapons Defense if you travel to the Rulbabeesamr Ponds, where one of the displaced lesoo clans have set up their village.
.Obstinada: Added exploration points to the Rulbabeesamr Ponds and the Cuevruja Cave, which displaced Lesoo clans have claimed as their new home.
.Koywe: Your Bladed Weapons Tactics will receive a small permanent boost if you explore Codo Amarillo, where Nycleta Trask used to train alone to hone her skills.
.Obstinada: You will get an achievement and a small permanent boost to your Blunt Weapons Tactics if you find the Cuevruja Cave, refuge of a displaced lesoo clan.
.Koywe: Added Codo Amarillo and Codo Verde names; they should show up in your minimap.
.There is now a small Arrvor population outside of the Tiq Sennu Prison.
.Koywe: Your Bladed Weapons Defense will receive a small permanent boost if you explore Codo Verde, where Nycleta Trask and Major Scarborough used to train together.
.Terminus Mire:Added names to the Neca Islet and the Dolep Islet; both names should show up in the map.
.Tandil: Added exploration points to the Ochoahe, Lussfeol, and Mosamor Groves; they should now show up in the map.
.Terminus Mire: You will receive an achievement and a small boost to your Foraging skills if you explore the Dolep Islet.
.Ollaseca: Added an exploration point to the Challanken Valley, rich in mineral deposits. Your Mining skills will receive a small increase if you explore it.
.Terminus Mire: you will receive an achievement and a small boost to your Fishing skills if you explore the Neca Islet.
.Ollaseca: Dug out some rocks and trees.
.Added a new Panoramics at Ammann River, Twin Falls, and Elkar Wood.

Bug Fixes
.Fixed an issue where abilities were not working properly after traveling/zoning and required the UI (the ability bars in particular) to be reset to work.
.Fixed Specialty Lumber to use Contaminated water instead of purified, and altered the firewood output to 10
.Fixed Fuel Release value to use Fuel Release Valve Pattern
.Fixed Recipe: Industrial Centrifuge Assembly - Moved welding rod to be an agent
.Fixed an issue with Damage Dealt attribute not showing up in the Offense panel in the Character Sheet.
.Removed Pack Setlang Alphas from random generated missions in a number of areas. This is due to their populations being low due to being a semi-rare mob but their difficulties being only average, so it would ask you to kill too many.
.Fixed an issue with endurance fittings erroneously applying Health.
.Resolved an issue with the Rocharus den spawner in Bog's Edge. The Rocharus had a boundary limit rather than being leashed, which was causing them to break combat as soon as someone moved past that boundary. While useful in some situations it was not correct for this particular region.
.Fixed an issue with grade minimums on NPCs (mostly strong/boss/raid boss npcs) that were input incorrectly.
.Fixed a Den Trigger Height at Sapless Foothills.
.Fixed a bug which was not returning bids on a buyout.
.Corrected a text on a radio msg of "Bombs in the City" engagement.
.Fixed "Arrvors in Brenning" engagement parent ID it was wrongly seted as "Drakes on Ren Canyon Road"
.Filled a rather large hole in the ground near the Kyoto Prison.
.Fixed some spawn related bugs in the Thicket Overwatch engagement.
.Lesoo Soldiers will now count off your kill tracker in the Destroy the Lesoo Raiders den based mission.
.Fixed floating rocks and trees in Pahookie.
.Fixed an issue with one of the male NPC visualizations which was missing hands.
.Tandil: raised & reshaped a bit the resource regions from Mika, Byna and Beryl to avoid visibility problems.
.Filled in some land underneath a building in Pontoc where parts of the building were unsupported due to a depression in the terrain underneath it.
.Sprint will now toggle off automatically when you die.
.Southern Aza: reshaped an Alluvium and a Geflech resource regions since they were too large and causing visibility problems.
.Fixed some floating trees in the hills near the Tikt Tunnels.
.Slightly move Rex Fogus path waypoint at Thicket Overwatch to avoid some jumping spawn issues.
.Grounded an exploration trigger at Sapless Pass that was floating very high in the air. "Sapless Vista".
.Either grounded or raised a number of trees and rocks in Oasis Approach.
.Fixed an issue which was causing corpses to poof even if they had extractable components on them after looting.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Charged Training Sword. Now correctly expects a weaponised power assembly.
.Corrected some issues which caused seams to appear on the arms and legs of unclothed male or female models.
.Fixed over ground tree at Falls Trail.
.Using /suicide now creates the appropriate mission event so that it will fail survival goals.
.Stitched terrain seams near Ammann Village.
.Lurker Bog: reshaped the Tungsten, Lilac, Takayura and Thorium resource regions, due to visibility problems.
.Fixed a typo in the Threat to Cloning mission.
.Fixed a section of terrain where you could get stuck in the Badlands.
.Huntsfolly: grounded the Alluvium resource region, which was left levitating up in mid-air after some terraforming.
.Closed a seam in Blood Valley.
.Removed the mission marker area for FPR Scout Bots near Ammann Village. These bots are now random spawns anywhere in the area and the marker was confusing people.
.Corrected a problem which allowed players to train enemy players pets as mounts if they could attack that player.
.Put in some new code in certain situations when unequipping and moving an item it might end up in the same slot eating the item. It will not put it overflow instead.
.Fixed terrain and texture seams along the borders of Timbertol Trail, Plymouth-Aza Pass, Falls Trail, Searcher's valley, Daxton, Huntsfolly, and Tolkien Meadow.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Power Sword. Now correctly expects a weaponised power assembly.
.Corrected a problem in an underwater cave on the border of Arboleda where if you entered the cave you could see the underside of the water.
.Fixed a terrain hole to prevent players to get stuck in it at Decroux Etang.
.Fixed a large rock which was positioned so you could see into it's hollow core along the Ammann River.
.Ollaseca: reshaped the Monazite, Niurevium & Pyrohemalite resource regions, due to visibility problems.
.Fixed "Barca Swarm in Bastet Valley" engagement parent ID.
.The Supplies to the Shed mission now features guided markers throughout its entirety. They were previously stopping when you hit the Bald Forest.
.Fixed an issue that could have cause issue to ability bar icons if an ability required a weapon and you were unarmed.
.Eastfal Valley: corrected a spawning problem with the Alluvium resource region.
.Repaired some issues where the hollow underbelly of rocks were visible in Bleakburn.
.Twin Hills: Raised a few rocks that were underground.
.Corrected a problem which was causing you to appear to be standing while having the modifiers of being prone or crouching after being knocked down when in those postures.
.Potential fix for energy shields not regenerating occasionally after a death.
.Fixed terrain and texture seams throughout the Freedomtown and Plymouth regions.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Single-Bladed Power Axe. Now correctly expects a weaponised power assembly.
.Fixed some floating rocks and plants in Parst Pass and Tasuil Rise.
.Thicket Overwatch: Taire Lawson should properly spawn now, and sell Harvesting Tools, instead of being duplicate of Macy Vick.
.Grounded a floating tree at Hole-Plymouth Trail.
.Fixed an issue which was causing some ability cards not to appear in your Earnable list even though you had qualified.
.Fixed some rocks which were Southeast of Freedomtown but attached to Mitchell's Farm, and some which were shared between a seam.
.Fixed a bug that was playing start engagement fx only for the first player that trigger it.
.Resolved an issue that was allowing NPCs to attack other neutral NPCs in cases when they shouldn't have been able to. This was affecting control point spawned faction NPCs primarily.
.Amman Village: the "Trimming " mission was selecting Setlangs and Vultures which don't spawn in the area. Corrected so the mission only selects Pack Setlangs which do spawn in there.
.Corrected an issue which was having standard Knuckle Blades do EMP damage.
.The Train Mount ability should now properly consume the pet rather than leaving it in a bugged state.
.Recipe: Pharmaceuticals - Advanced Pharmaceutical Extraction. Arrestin can now be made with Xylene Cyanol
.Fixed some descriptions of item that were cloned from their patterns and still had the pattern descriptions.
.Westwoods: Rescued some trees from below ground.
.Aoss Gardens: the "Trimming " mission will now request to trim Agressive Raxins (the type of raxins spanwing in this area), rather than Raxins.
.Fixed "Okolats in Wolfsway" engagement parent ID.
.Fixed an issue with a dot that was dividing by 0.
.Recipe: Vehicle Engineering - Gun Upgrade. Fixed Barrel assembly component so that it now accepts the right item
.You can no longer gain skill points by trying to tame your own, or someone elses pet.
.Fixed some over ground trees and rock at Purplefield.
.Unearthed some buried cliffs Southeast of Freedomtown.
.Scorched Gorge Outpost: the "Trimming Hostile" mission should no longer target Agressive Raxins, and only require to kill Raxins.
.Fixed the 'Casting Pattern' component type to not display 'Power Coupling Pattern'
.Smoothed a slope of a canyon that you could fall into in the Tasuil Rise but were unable to get out of because it was too steep.
.Updated Tip on "Dialogs and Missions" to reflect the current format used to denote skill use in mission dialog.
.Fixed terrain texture seams in Slaugh Trail, Krachester, Oowwooki, Hollow Trail, Ingall's Pass, Laredo Lagoon, Timbertol Trail, and others.
.Fixed a terrain hole to prevent players to get stuck in it at Timbertol Trail.
.Fixed an issue which could allow Sub-Abilities to appear on the skill info cards. This became noticeable after another fix, as enhancement abilities were appearing in the list.
.Fixed an issue that was happening with the decay timer on harvestables where it would try to run the timer and the node was already deleted.
.Removed duplicate Projectile Bolt Assembly Recipe.
.Fixed an issue with corpse removal timers causing them to poof early. Also fixed an issue making them poof quicker if the extraction and looting process is fully done.
.Fixed oddly space characters listed in recipe names in the GameDB.
.Fixed the terrain and terrain textures on the borders of Plymouth Control Center, Fanshaw, Camp Payton, Plymouth pass. Leverstow, Hole on the hill, Plymouth hills, and Trockental.
.Fixed some over ground trees at War Wagon Valley.
.Repaired a rock formation Southeast of Freedomtown which was erroneously attached to Arboleda, and causing seamless switching when you walked on it.
.The safe/stuck point in Arid Grove has been moved to a more suitable location. It was previously underground.
.Many partially buried trees and rocks were fixed in the Arid Grove.
.Moved Acrylic Upholstered Seat Panel Pattern to use the correct branch.
.Fixed a bug where a mission was requesting to kill a mob in certain area where that mob didn't exists.
.Raised a small tree at freedomtown with invisible branches on a side that prevent players to walk through them.
.The Fort Hudson cloning point will no longer place you in Hudson Pass.
.Fixed "Lesoo rhinocs in Sendarida" engagement parent ID.
.Fixed some oddly spaced characters listed in Components and Filters tabs in the GameDB.
.Trockental no longer has terrain that doesn't match it's visual height.
.Fixed 2 big rocks at Outside Freedomtown that collision properties were bugged.
.Grounded a floating tree at Tecooy Run.
.Fixed typo in generic mission "Can't Sleep".
.Loch Desert: reshaped the Calibrite and Kosha resource regions due to visibility problems.
.Leaks in the Arboleda dam have been sealed with rocks.
.Fixed an issue with some of the spawn points Outside Freedomtown, including some of the Malfunctioning Robot spawners.
.Resolved an issue which was preventing missions from being generated in some cases.
.Fixed a big rocks at Westwoods that collision properties were bugged.
.Fixed invisible walls at Sept Falls east gate.
.Fixed a bug which would not count the Bloody ___ collection in the Missing Official mission unless you had clicked it in the proper order.
.Mission "Killing the Master" was rewarding the wrong alignment (OWON alignment for an FPR combat mission); this has been corrected.
.Fixed some path positions underground and finished fixing the texture painting in Mid-plymouth.
.Removed some duplicate crafting branches to avoid confusion and clean up the database.
.Fixed a tree located inside a rock at Plymouth Pond.
.Made some adjustments to resource regions near Plymouth City.
.Added a new treasure type for XG-57 missions so it actually loot eventually the XG-57 grenade. It stills depends on the chance and the player thievery skill ability.
.Recipe: Stationary Turret Frame filter Quadruple is now correctly branched to item. (No, really this time)
.Fixed typo at "Propaganda?" engagement.
.Relocate a buried Aquaios harvestable region at Torn Mist Valley.
.Made adjustments to the Pyrohemalite resource region near the Scorched Gorge Outpost to help prevent nodes from disappearing if you were too far from the center.
.Removed the duplicate Item 'Standard 4 Legged Base' and the 2 'Standard 4 Legged Base Pattern' items that are not needed
.Made adjustments to resource spawners outside Freedomtown to correct some issues with resources spawning inside of rocks or underneath terrain.
.Raise up some waypoints at Ammann River that could be the cause of bad spawning of some dens.
.Resolved a clipping issue with the Chinese Palm Fan trees.
.Koywe: reshaped the Hokweed, Melanko, Green Leaf and Yano resource regions due to visibility problems (too large)
.Fixed a bug which could prevent players from scrounging water after they seamlessly left an area where it was not available under certain circumstances.
.Fixed some trees and rocks which were buried underneath the Founder's Grove area.
.Fixed some issues with the speedhack detection system.
.After being killed your ability queue will now be reset.
.Improved terrain and texture seams along the borders of Aemar Hydro Plant and Ren Canyon.
.Made adjustments to the halt and leash code in advanced NPC triggers so that NPCs don't walk into leashing triggers and stop attacking.
.Fixed the Stock Assembly requirement on the 6 craftable carbines
.Filled in a hole that players could become stuck inside of in the Arid Grove.
.Fixed a typo in Poor Quality Combots.
.Fixed Phil Keller's (escort NPC) spawn location outside of Plymouth City.
.Fixed icon swapping issue.
.Fixed an issue which was in the combat filtering options for combat chat channel text. Sometimes players were not receiving messages they should have as a result of this bug.
.Grounded a floating tree at Pebble Perch.
.Koywe: Experienced Lesoo Hunters should now spaw correctly.
.Fixed a Typo at "Koleyna" engagement.
.Adjusted the Rue spawning region near Scar's Wall so that resources should not disappear the further you move from the edges.
.Fixed the 5 Craftable Rifle recipes to correctly use the Rifle Stock Assembly, rather than the Rifle Stock (Rifle stock is a component of the assembly)
.The OWON version of the Shrooffle Collection mission no longer refers to the NPC by his old name.
.You can now complete the mission: Patrol: Plymouth to S&B.
.Terminus Mire: reshaped & raised the Azul, Pratinus, Lesapen, Samr Berry and Kosha resource regions to avoid visibility problems.
.Fixed "Koleyna" engagement trigger attached to a child instead of the parent engagement.
.Improved patrolling NPC pathing in Thicket Overwatch.
.Removed the (song) from the end of the Heroes of Freedomtown readable book.
.Fixed Stock Assembly components on a number firearms
.Fixed a typo in the Anjari Craving mission.
.Fixed a grammatical issue in the Can't Sleep mission email.
.Fixed floating tree in Torn Mist Valley.
.Fixed a terrain hole to prevent players to get stuck in it at Tuuleuss Mountain.
.Corrected an issue which was causing escorted NPCs to return to their spawn point after being attacked, rather than continuing to follow the player.
.Fixed an issue which was preventing Inject Sedative from working on players who didn't have a melee weapon equipped.
.Fixed an issue with the Supply Post engagements in Fool's Sanctuary. There was a second trigger for the engagement inside of the first, which could cause there two be two of the same engagement in the same place.
.Fixed a bug which was preventing players from completing the Patrol: Freedomtown to the Shacks mission.
.Resolved an issue which was preventing the ignore list from working across seams.
.You can no longer interact with invisible props.
.Fixed a bug that were preventing you to get active engagements list on GUI refresh.
.Fixed one of the shield ability icons which was misaligned.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Power Hammer. Now correctly expects a weaponized power assembly
.Grounded a large floating tree in Prenshaw.
.Corrected several problems with Johnny Bilby in Sept Falls. He is now available for generated missions, should always remain seated, and will respond to Inquiries.
.Fixed a Tree too close to a rock where players could be stucked at Northern Trails.
.Smoothed a rough section of road in the Northern Range which was too steep for NPCs to path across properly and difficult for players, as well.
.Fixed some issues with spawning regions in the Torn Mist Valley.
.Fixed an issue where Aristocrat NPC Visualization had no hands.
.Corrected an issue that would not allow nations to invite a player who had left their previous nation less than an hour ago, even though the text said five minutes.
.Fixed a bug which caused engagement scaling calculations to continue even after the engagement expired.
.Mouse cursor is not longer changing when mouse pointer go over a hidden prop.
.Fixed some pathing issues of Hokfigs at Aemar Hydro Plant.
.Made adjustments to the Assault Bot's pathing in the Training Grounds to help avoid warping.
.Fixed some issue that allow players to interact with hidden props on minigames and engagements.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Bubba. Now correctly expects a weaponised power assembly
.Stitched terrain seams in the following areas: Morrigan Plains, Freedomtown, Twin Hills, Dreary Borderlands, Serenity, the FPR instanced housing area, Arboleda, and Brenning.
.Corrected an issue in the player client which would cause a black screen rather than the proper graphics on certain systems.
.Grounded a flying Tree at Niseya.
.Fix FPR Arrival waypoint at Kahavi Canyon.
.The glowing trail in the Ordering Supplies long range delivery will now lead you to a proper path. It also will allow you to take any route you wish so long as you arrive at Mitchell's Farm.
.Fixed a reward related bug in the Patrol to the Hole on the Hill mission.
.Corrected an issue in the directions that other NPCs can give to Mikel Svorin in Plymouth City.
.Fixed a bug which was preventing non-Rogue players from recloning in Sept Falls. You will need to be on reasonable terms with Rogue Nations to spawn there, but it is now allowed.
.Nova Love in Plymouth Control Center is now properly selling tailoring supplies. She was erroneously a general store previously.
.Sergent Kotter no longer refers to the FPR in a negative light in the FPR version of the Combat Training mission.
.Fixed up a markup related bug in the Can't Sleep generated mission template.
.Fixed Recipe: Metalsmith - Power Mace. Now correctly expects a weaponised power assembly and makes a Mace rather than a Hammer
.Fixed terrain and texture seams along the borders of lower Daxton and Camp Takk.
.Fixed a typo in one of the response options in the dancing tutorial.
.Set "Plymouth Hills" as parent of the "Lesoo Hills" engagement.
.Judair Gulch: raised the spawning region of some Hudson Firs that were spawning below ground.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Agree with what's been posted so far. You can tell these guys loved UO and SWG; game is a mix of those. The framework/rules are pretty amazing, and it's going to be a really deep sandbox. However, game needs a lot of work to become well tuned. Engine is poorly optimized, lots of quirks that allow exploitation and tons of small things that are just clunky. However, it's still in Alpha; given that, it has some promise. Especially give the size and speed of the patches, you can tell the developers are very passionate and supposedly well funded, so they don't need to rush.

Right now this is still very much a wait and see but it has the stuff to be great. (But a lot of games have had that, so take that how you will.)

ili_sl

shitlord
Someone gifted me this game. I mostly afk macro an only play when i need new abilities.

Just like in SWG there are a bunch of skills that can be done with AutoIT. Got my Entertainment to 1200 and Survival to 700. You can also macro healing by buffing yourself. Got around 30k credits just afking the water finding skill. Healing can be done in danger zones that give 15% increase in skill. You also can buy the skill stim which is another 10% increase. Pet handling and robots go up just by having your pets out.

If the game doesn't increase in population it is dead. It will end it like Perpetuum where there is no economy because the crafting is dependent on a large population of crafters with interdependence.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So how's this thing coming along since the latest patch? Friends of mine and I were thinking of getting into it. Should we hold off until it's further developed, or is there enough meat in this to sink our teeth in?

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I find it incredibly ironic that a game called "The Repopulation" is having difficulty staying populated.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What do you feel is the cause of death?
Barrier of entry is upwards of $40 right now. At most you'll maybe run across 1 or 2 other players in the main city. They publicly raised the buyin price because their servers couldn't handle an influx of new users at the current rate of $20.
Most of whom are sitting in the bar macroing skills. Can macro some skills to just gain passive money and bypass most of the game.

UI and combat are incredibly clunky and delayed. Character movements aren't much better. Combat is incredibly poorly done. Mainly due to the previous two reasons.

Crafting barrier of entry is like an SAT test. Some will find it easy, most will find it not worth while at all. You can make something like 45 grades of "who gives a fuck" ore which requires 3 sub compenents, that then combine into a plate which requires 3 more sub components which in turn require subcomponents. A bottle of water requires something like 6 crafts to make one unit.

All that work for stuff that really isn't worth your time at all unless you've already spent 1000 hours clicking through recipes to get your skill up to make a higher grade bottle.

TL;DR - This game sacrifices fun for complexity in literally all the wrong places.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the write up. I have a soft spot for indies trying new stuff, but I was holding out on this one after that half assed trailer.