The Rise and Fall of Command & Conquer

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This documentary is must watch if you were into the Command and Conquer series.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On a side note, holy shit the production values of this YouTube channel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
C&C was my first 'real' pc game. Got that while still rocking Windows 3.1. The soundtrack was the shit.

Still remember a bunch of the GDI missions, especially that one when you only get the Commando. As a 10 year old, I was in awe of how powerful that unit was. I also remember that fucking Corinth, Greece mission where you land with basically nothing and get steamrolled in a matter of minutes. That mission pissed me off as a kid.

Then there was the GDI guard tower glitch where if you sold a regular guard tower and clicked 's' while it was deconstructing, it would pop back up but leave the infantry that left when it was originally sold.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The amount of studios and franchises ruined by EA is impressive.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Any defensive structure would do that for a while

NOD turrets also only costed 250 instead of 600 for a while

The AI was no match for the sand bag snake making its way to their base and filling it with turrets

You could also throw grenades with GDI grenader across the map by giving it another target right as they were going to throw the nade.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Any defensive structure would do that for a while

NOD turrets also only costed 250 instead of 600 for a while

The AI was no match for the sand bag snake making its way to their base and filling it with turrets

You could also throw grenades with GDI grenader across the map by giving it another target right as they were going to throw the nade.

Oh damn, I forgot that the AI would ignore sandbags, such a cheesy strategy but I used it all the time

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Man I loved Renegade, it wasn't the best fps, but damn it was unique and fun.

EA: destroyer of franchises.

Hot damn looks modders didn't give up on renegade, rebuilt on unreal 3 engine.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember far more C&C missions where you got steamrolled out of nowhere than in SC. They had so much fun and cool ideas in that series and even more hilarious when armies had to cross tiberium fields to attack and died on the way

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The original games in the series we're good, but OMFG Red Alert was totally amazing. I was always a C&C over SC/WC person.

The games definitely declined over time, but C&C Generals 2v2 was sooo good.

For posterity

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
The original games in the series we're good, but OMFG Red Alert was totally amazing. I was always a C&C over SC/WC person.

The games definitely declined over time, but C&C Generals 2v2 was sooo good.

For posterity

Only played Generals when the 10 year anniversary compilation came out and it was fun I thought

This was my jam on the original

And yeah, Hell March and Red Alert were amazing

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly think dun:emperor battle for dune was one of the most fun game I've ever played as a kid.

Hell, I still would play it and have hell of a fun. I played single players AND multiple players nonstop...and every game was fucking amazing....

too bad Westwood got fucked by EA and shut down in the end.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somebody already posted this in the FSR thread, but for anyone who didn't see it:

9n73r2bn1o1z.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Man I loved Renegade, it wasn't the best fps, but damn it was unique and fun.

EA: destroyer of franchises.

Hot damn looks modders didn't give up on renegade, rebuilt on unreal 3 engine.

I thoroughly enjoyed C&C Renegade. I thought it was a really damn good game but it ended up getting buttfucked by an even better game shortly after release, BF1942.
Used to play red alert over tcp/IP with a guy up the street. So much goddamn fun.
Good god I remember trying to play C&C online via westwood online. Shit was a rube goldberg machine.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Which one was it that was super not PC and had the durkadurka faction where you could train suicide bombers that said "I love a crowd" when you clicked them? Was it Generals?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Which one was it that was super not PC and had the durkadurka faction where you could train suicide bombers that said "I love a crowd" when you clicked them? Was it Generals?
Yes Generals.

Also BF2 was originally going to have a terrorist faction until it was changed to some fictional military;