The Rise and Fall of Command & Conquer

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'll never get tired of Hellmarch dubbed over both appropriate and inappropriate videos! :D

[video][video]

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't forget if a unit died in Tiberium it could turn into one of those weird blobs that ate infantry and sprayed chem trooper green fire. They'd also combine into a bigger blob if two or w/e found each other.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I miss the way old schoold rts had you play the role of a commander rising through the ranks, and the main characters talking to you, instead of them just talking to each other and having you play as one of them on missions.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They need McNeil and Kane with those grainy ass graphics sitting in front of comm screens and full blown immersion. This sitcom tier cornball shit they did was so bad except for getting to see Tim Curry. God he's great.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought those cheeseball videos for each mission were what really made the franchise stand out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah but for this and nothing else in the later RAs

pirates-of-the-plain-tim-curry-jezebel-jack-laugh-laughing-gif-4916404.gif

ok that and tanks and machine gun dudes

He fit well in that Russian general role. Coulda been way better.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lands of lore Throne of Chaos was fantastic as well.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My first RTS was the original Warcraft which I really liked a lot but the original C&C was the one I truly loved the most.

Back in the mid 90s when it first came out, I had a buddy of mine from work who would come over a couple nights a week to go head-to-head with me via direct connect. We had two rigs but we had to share one desk space so to keep things fair, we decided to position one of our rigs on top of the desk in between the us, like a partition, so that neither of us could cheat by looking over to see what the other person was building.

Audio was the interesting part. Originally, we each used headphones but eventually discovered that ditching them and just having sound on that both of us could hear made things really interesting. Nothing made us pucker more than when that chick would announce, "nuclear missile ready" when the charge-up was complete.

I still remember him yelling out, "aww shit, you MFer!" whenever mine was ready. LOL

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users