The Sandman

Fucker

Log Wizard
Even my wife has peaced out on this series. Way too gay, way too much box checking.
I didn't make it past the monologue and all the generic garbage at the beginning of episode 1.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
hell was interesting and the battle of wits with lucifer started cool then ended like two 8 years olds trying to one up each other.

Yeah... was wondering who was going to get to 'infinity times infinity' first.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The amount of gays and genderswaps in this is unbelievable. I really wanted to see the Hell episode but after that I turned it off. Lucifer's dress looked really weird and stupid.

The John Dee story is better than in the comic though. So that was good.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm really enjoying it, but it is quite ridiculous the amount of woke content. What purpose does it serve?

To normalize it. You probably think tv shows and movies are intended to entertain us. No, they're intended to program us and they accomplish that by disguising it as entertainment.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The amount of gays and genderswaps in this is unbelievable.

This. I am so so tired of this.

As far as the pacing, it does feel like the comics read tbh. It's not like the comics were loaded with action.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the hell duel was ridiculously stupid, jumping from snake to "OH YEAH THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE" in 2 steps lol plus what the fuck is Anti-Life? HOPE? At least I guess he didn't finish with LURVE

also you'd think Lucifer would know the obvious counters to hope - Despair, Entropy, Apathy, lol "anti life" whatever the fuck that is. I don't even understand how you decide someone wins that fight. I wish the original demon did that fight though, it woulda been a monty python-esque scene. "Ant! Horns! Sword! Bigger sword! Even Bigger sword!"

• 1Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
The story is the only reason i'm actually going to finish watching this entire thing, but you're a moron if you don't see and understand the massive amounts of woke shit being shoved down your throat.

It's not even the gay/lesbian/interracial aspect that even bugs me the most. Look at all the white people in the show - if they aren't gay/lesbian/interracial lovers with someone, they are either serial killing nightmares, regular human serial killers, tongue-in-cheek whitecuck couple with obvious joke name Ken & Barbie, dindu-in-the-basement adopting abusers, etc. Oh, lets change Death to be some witty fun black lady, but guess what - evil ruler of the Realm of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar? Nah, lets leave her white.

It's not subtle, it's very fucking obvious that these changes are more than just little tweaks of the source material. And the problem with not being this subtle, is that it paints a world that doesn't exist. I don't care if this was filed for Europe, Africa - read this part carefully: there is not a god damn place on this fucking planet where gays, lesbians, and interracial couples are this prevalent.

This is nothing new, this is just these faggy woke directors/producers/etc trying to force this shit on us, to try and normalize us. It's one thing when they make their own content, but when they alter previously existing content to try and force the rest of us to believe this is the regular, normal, average way the world is now, it's fucking disgusting, insulting, and to top it off - a complete god damn lie.
Everything you said is true...which makes it funny in a grand way as the whole show is about the God of Dreams...so this panacea of all things woke is admittedly, someone's dream.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is pretty amazing. Down to a couple of episodes left. Where does this fit comic-wise? Probably just read it digitally, but looks like there's no nice hardcover in print? :(

Qhue

Trump's Staff
yeah the hell duel was ridiculously stupid, jumping from snake to "OH YEAH THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE" in 2 steps lol plus what the fuck is Anti-Life? HOPE? At least I guess he didn't finish with LURVE

also you'd think Lucifer would know the obvious counters to hope - Despair, Entropy, Apathy, lol "anti life" whatever the fuck that is. I don't even understand how you decide someone wins that fight. I wish the original demon did that fight though, it woulda been a monty python-esque scene. "Ant! Horns! Sword! Bigger sword! Even Bigger sword!"

Remember that this was still part of the DC universe at this point. Vertigo was not yet a dedicated imprint for the various horror/weird comics. Anti-life being the very thing that Darkseid has been seeking forever.

"Hope" wins because that's the one thing that Lucifer still holds onto. Same reason why he gets to walk out when he threatens witholding dreams from the denizens of hell.

This also plays into Lucifer's next move as telegraphed at the end of the season finale.

As for the 'woke' stuff:

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I've seen 0 episodes of this so far.
But reading through the comments I can't help but notice a pattern...
Many dismiss the show based on the apparent wokeness... which from the side of the woke is easily dismissed as just hate over small things...
And the show goes on without anyone really commenting on its plot, its presentation and just overall quality... and its just one more thing to move "each side against each other"
if that makes sense....

Either way, its not for me to decide.
I would like to know though, as someone that hasn't read any of the comics... would I be better off starting with the comics? or the show? and then reading the comics?
I understand the show so far doesn't cover all of the comics... and I heard a podcast with Gaiman where he kind of explained that theres no real traced road... only a beginning and and an end and not certainty of how long it will take to get there.

I'm just curious about the opinion from someone that experienced both.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Damn, he's literally a cuck.
1659999730072.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The adaptation to the series itself isn't bad. The endless genderswaps and injections of faggots is just tiring.

The Hell Episode was good, Cain and Abel are good, the John Dee arc is an improvement to to the original. The Hob Gadling arc is done justice.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The adaptation to the series itself isn't bad. The endless genderswaps and injections of faggots is just tiring.

The Hell Episode was good, Cain and Abel are good, the John Dee arc is an improvement to to the original. The Hob Gadling arc is done justice.

That's a pretty succinct summary of the issue.

The fact that they have injected more gay into this show than Gay Pride day in Key West is distracting and annoying and wholly unnecessary to the narrative.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The graphic novels are grade b+. They aren't needed to watch the show but judging from my wife's confusion really on they help.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I finished it this evening. I'm eagerly awaiting more.
However...

I'm going to order and read through as much of the original as I can via legit means. I can sense lots of wokeness but there's a chance this was just a lot of subversive 1980s counter-culture kind of shit. Gays/transbros/women being defiant/etc, you name it.

I'm still of the mind that there was and is not anywhere near as much homosexual interactions on the average nor interracial couplings on the average as depicted. This is a re-imagining of a much less white world. It definitely wasn't on the radar in the late 80s or early 90s.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Ok, finished it up. Having read all the comics already, I feel I can weigh in on the overall quality.

Overall, it was great. Some things I'd nitpick, but it was pretty faithful to the source material. I think the gender swaps were unnecessary, but as I said in another thread, Death and Lucifer were the ones I thought hurt the most. I can totally understand if non book readers feel the pace is slow, or not really understand some of the nuances. I definitely appreciate the fact that (unlike Foundation) they stayed faithful to a lot of the source.

Dream was portrayed very, very well. Death was OK, but overall, the comic book version is better IMO. Corinthian was great, Diner episode was well done. Matthew, Cain and Abel were all great. Despair and Desire was exactly what I expected.

The gay thing wasn't necessary, which is what bothered me most about it.

Not sure why they gender swapped Constantine. Another odd choice.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why they gender swapped Constantine. Another odd choice.

To be honest, that is the one thing that pisses me off the most.

I can live with gender swapping the likes of Death because these entities can take many forms but fucking around with Constantine is unforgivable.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For Constantine they just wanted to emphasize that this was a different Constantine than had appeared in movies / Arrowverse / animated films etc. There has been a lot of him around the last few years and Gaiman wanted to twist things up just a bit.

• 1Cringe

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For Constantine they just wanted to emphasize that this was a different Constantine than had appeared in movies / Arrowverse / animated films etc. There has been a lot of him around the last few years and Gaiman wanted to twist things up just a bit.

I mean, what next?

Oh wait!

451696ac39aa800c98482c31868ca2a5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I mean, what next?

Oh wait!

451696ac39aa800c98482c31868ca2a5.jpg
I remember when J J Abrams and Bad Reboot wasn't the kiss of death. WTF happened to him? This dude is literally the reverse King Midas. Everything he touches he race and gender-swaps. Also, fuck this dude for using a Non-standard English character in every letter of his name: Ṣọpẹ Dìrísù .