The Secret World

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is CtP still worth using at 40% pen or has that ship sailed too? Seems pretty gimped to me, but it's just for soloing. I figure I'll buy the new issue soon.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What role would you recommend for the NM raids? I feel like I always see DPS looking for groups, so not sure that'd be the best idea. I'm currently level 10 in blade, 5 in AR, and 5 in chaos. I'll likely max out my talisman skills to 10 before anything else. But after that, I don't want to spec in something and then wish I had maxed out a different weapon because it's a shitty build for end game groups.

althuna_sl

shitlord
Do DPS or heals.

Also you could maybe experiment in Elite dungeons. They are hard enough to give you an idea of what it will be like in NM's but not so h4rdc0r3 that people will be pissed off if your build doesn't work out. I learned pretty early that tanking just wasn't fun for me and that the game is a bit dumb and restricts you to only one type of build that works. So I went with heals and dps and both of those worked out well. I could flip a coin. I think I just happened to get a few nice purple dps items so stuck with that all the way and kept building it and that became my NM build.

But eventually you'll have enough good gear to make multiple builds so you can switch to whatever you want some day.

Glendronach_sl

shitlord
For tanking you really just need to hold aggro, apply exposed(hammer, blade or chaos), afflict, and interupt certain abilities. The rest is optional. I use a blade/shotgun build that out-dps most dps.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone care to recommend a deck and gear manager mod? I hear the one in game blows

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do we have 4 others for NM's from RR? Im geared mostly QL10.4 and would be interested in running the new ones or old ones if people need. If we can agree on a time that works and have the people I'd be interested.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do we have 4 others for NM's from RR? Im geared mostly QL10.4 and would be interested in running the new ones or old ones if people need. If we can agree on a time that works and have the people I'd be interested.
I haven't played for a while but have been logging in for this anniversary. I'd be up for it (10.2-10.4 geared as either dps or healer) - on sike.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are addons busted by tonight's patch? I followed the read me in the addon files but can't get the little icon to show when I log in.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It seems like they fucked up the transitions between zones. When I played this before, I was able to progress smoothly through all three zones in Solomon Island, and now it seems like I have to go back and backfarm sequins in Kingsmouth before I can do Savage Coast efficiently.

Tol_sl

shitlord
About how long does it take to run through the main story? I'm liking the atmosphere and such, but don't really want to get roped into investing time in tons of raids, pvp, daily quests or whatever else is standard MMO fare.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It seems like they fucked up the transitions between zones. When I played this before, I was able to progress smoothly through all three zones in Solomon Island, and now it seems like I have to go back and backfarm sequins in Kingsmouth before I can do Savage Coast efficiently.
Nothings really changed, buy some good stuff off the AH/Craft it?

Also Issue 7 was really fucking good. These bros know how to make great / cool quests. Can't wait for Tokyo.

Troll_sl

shitlord
There's no content to keep people playing. They should have made a single player game, would have been great.
This has been pissing me off lately. So many MMOs coming out, but only a few of them will be worthwhile. The crappy ones could have been turned into AAA qualty single-player RPG, but no. We get stuck with shit.