The Secret World

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
-Abilities that act on hit should last only as long and affect the number of targets as intended.

-Updated all percentage damage increasing effects to use the same method of damage increase. This change should make damage increases easier to understand and behave more consistently.

-Updated all effects which heal for a flat amount, such as Karma Curio and Turn the Tables, to take into account negative healing modifiers from effects such as Corrupted.

-Damage over time effects, proc effects, and persistent ground damaging areas applied by players are now able to critically hit and penetrate. Likewise, they are now also able to glance and be blocked. These effects will still not trigger other effects, ie: a damage over time crit will not trigger One in the Chamber, they will just have their damage modified by these hit event types.

-Fixed an issue which caused Elemental Force to gain stacks when queuing a non-stack building ability after a damaging ability with a cast time.

-Abilities such as turrets and manifestations which do not advance the Elemental Force counter are no longer able to take advantage of the bonus effect this passive generates.

-Abilities which do not benefit from Elemental Force should no longer advance the counter and consume the effect.

-Abilities which benefit from Elemental Force should now always advance the counter and consume the effect.

-Criticality will now only cause damage to a single target once per second. For example, if you critically hit 5 targets in an AoE, there will no longer be 5 Criticality chains generated.

-Arterial Pulse will now only cause damage to a single target once per second. For example, if you penetrate 5 targets in an AoE, there will no longer be 5 additional hits of Arterial Pulse generated.

-Fire in the Hole now has two damage components, one delayed and one upon activation. The delayed damage from this ability is now treated as a proc effect and cannot trigger or benefit from Elemental Force or other passive effects.

The long and the short of it is no more double+ dipping on Elemental Force, no more jiggering Seal the Deal to your always be your big hit, AND several of the big hitters got turned into multihitters so their entire dmg isn't boosted by EF.

The rest of the notes atThe Secret World.

Glad to see they've removed cooldowns from some Elementalism consumers. Abilities requiring resources, have cast times, AND have cooldowns? Noone else plays that fucking resource tetris (blood comes close, but they can always (and nearly always SHOULD) just burn hps instead) and a cooldown plus a cast time is just a nutshot after you've already been kidney punched. Still, this rethink didn't touch manifestations (boo). Someone somewhere forgot the "here's 3 options, pick 2" ideal.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've been running around trying to remember how to play. The certification stuff is too tough for me, but I'm hoping they added cool clothing stores in Harajuku? I want a big frilly gothic lolita dress.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Definitely worth playing. PVP is there, and used to be pretty fun, but no clue what the current state is. Playing through the story stuff is easily worth the price of admission, and you can snag the game for fairly cheap.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Never touched this, is this game worth playing? Any pvp?
This game is one of the best bangs for your buck $15-20 you can buy if you play it like an adventure game with RPG elements. Seriously wonderful/well crafted story world. End game is pretty WOWish/badge grind affair, but the journey is great.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I wish I had the brain capacity to figure out some of these investigation missions without looking online. Great stuff.

I wish I had the brain capacity to figure out some of these investigation missions without looking online. Great stuff.
I have a 1 hour limit. If i cannot figure out the step in an hour then i cheat. If something is is a translation, I cheat right away. Those I hate.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a dps friend and I interested, if we got a tank and healer we can prob just run you through them. I think you need to do each one of them once to be able to challenge the solo raid dude for the test to be nightmare flagged.

I have a dps friend and I interested, if we got a tank and healer we can prob just run you through them. I think you need to do each one of them once to be able to challenge the solo raid dude for the test to be nightmare flagged.
I don't mind figuring out a healing spec. I have 5 parts of the wheel done and a few skills in others. I'll do it tonight and PM you in the AM if I can get a decent healing spec together.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
So what's the best/most efficient way to farm up AP once youre through with the questing? I got caught up content wise and am kinda at a loss as to where to go now to finish out the portions of the skill wheel I want to finish.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
No idea if theyre still happening, I used to grind in big raid groups in a pit in blue mountain runnin circles that was decent.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I thought the world itself was pretty amazing. Great feel, very creepy at times, and the story was fantastic. The combat was kind of OK I guess, but the possible character development was incredibly diverse. To be honest I'm not sure why I stopped playing it, but I did.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck my ass I bought the regular edition without looking.

What am I missing out on and what will the cost to me be to gain that content normally? Should I just bend over for Steam to the tune of another $15 for my mistake or what?