The Secret World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm playing SWL and having fun but the combat is definitely nothing to write home about. It's not the worst combat I've seen as at least it's highly mobile. Struggling to think of MMOs with immobile combat though.. Maybe Aion? Anyway if you want good combat look at BDO. One of my main issues with TSWL combat is it lacks impact, almost all attacks and weapons basically feel the same with minor variations. Mechanically they are different but audio and visual don't do anything for me.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I downloaded this yesterday and I'm giving it a try (never played TSW).
Combat is a bit clunky, for now, will see whether it gets better or worse once I get more skills and have to worry about more advanced stuff. No doubt though, it feels dated and I wouldn't argue anyone who's complaining about it more than I do.
My main complaints so far are microscopic font sizes (not chat, I changed that already, but mission/skill/etc. dialogs), and too many cutscenes. It always feels like I'm gonna miss something important if I interrupt them but I always do anyway because I can't stand all the unnecessary exposition and BSing. Text > speech any time of day for me.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If you don't like the cut scenes then the game probably isn't for you. The games story, atmosphere, world.. that is its real strength, and the cutscenes/voice acting are an important part of that.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats the TLDR of what they did to combat? I always loved the combat and synergy of the weapon combos. TSW imho had the single best dungeons in any MMO. The whole idiot check to get in nightmare modes and the actual dungeons being more like raids with barely any trash were incredible.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Whats the TLDR of what they did to combat? I always loved the combat and synergy of the weapon combos. TSW imho had the single best dungeons in any MMO. The whole idiot check to get in nightmare modes and the actual dungeons being more like raids with barely any trash were incredible.

Just made it so instead of tab targeting, you just target whatever the center reticle is on. Not a major difference and was something they added as an option early on, but now it's always on.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Dawn of the Morninglight patched in overnight. I haven't run through it yet but the area is about half the size of Kaidan docks. Bigger than I expected it would be but still not much content. Probably has a similar amount of quests as one of the old "Issues"

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I attempted to log in to TSWL after a long layoff because I always liked the story, etc. and end up playing through it. Does everyone have to recreate their characters and start over on TSWL? That is really disappointing as I had a fully unlocked skill wheel and various other neat things.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
yeah, I think that some of your clothing items/pets and such carry over but it's all new characters