The Secret World

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There are addons. I remember running some damage meter and a deck organizer at one point. Never ran anything to change the UI, though, so no clue if that stuff exists.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Probably due to Funcom's bad reputation caused by AO and AOC.
Bad reputation doesn't really matter anymore. Most gamers don't know who is behind which title as evident in this space.

I would say it was a poor marketing stint along with, at the same time of release, a poor campaign before hand.

With that said, the Lovecraft story stuff was some of the most memorable gameplay and atmosphere I have ever experienced outside of a few notable places in WoW and EQ1.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
The lore and story telling in this game is amazing and not in your face

After moving from Kingsmouth to Savage Coast and doing the League of Monster Slayers quest series. Their history and story unfolds really well through the lore you pick up along the way. Then reading about Danny Dufresne which you only get if you open up your lore record in the UI and realising that's the kid back in the skate park in Kingsmouth.

The lore and story telling in this game is amazing and not in your face

After moving from Kingsmouth to Savage Coast and doing the League of Monster Slayers quest series. Their history and story unfolds really well through the lore you pick up along the way. Then reading about Danny Dufresne which you only get if you open up your lore record in the UI and realising that's the kid back in the skate park in Kingsmouth.
I absolutely adore the first three zones in TSW. There's a quest up on the roof of the treehouse too BTW.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Lusiphur

Peasant
Finished this build and working towards the Tsume Doom build, but I think they're both for soloing ?

Moving forward any recommendations on build(s) that make you useful in dungeons/groups ?
Tsume Doom is your Tokyo solo build.

What did I say about dungeons before being done with the main content?
wink.png

Anyways, basically get Clean Up, Breaching Shot and that's about it. You will struggle to find a group for NM that will take someone who isn't fully geared from NM. I am not joking. I get my purples from PvP because it is about 50 times easier. Go stand in Agartha for 10 minutes and you will see what I mean.

However, because you asked nicely ...

DPS Builds - TSW Database

should give you some ideas. Tank and healer builds there too.

As for PvP builds, people keep them more on the downlow. PM me for that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Haven't played this in well over a year. Had full 10.5 everything, is it possible to upgrade past that now?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tsume Doom build still viable? Installed this again but didnt get around to knocking out Tokyo.

TIA

Lusiphur

Peasant
Works fine for everything but The Right Round from the last sidestories pack. You probably want a more kiting build for that. With everything in Tokyo upgrading your Aegis is key.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Came back to this game and bought issue #8 / 9. TSW is still one of my favorite MMOs for scenery and how they did progression and weapons. It is definitely intimidating to jump back into the swing of things. I have been working on farming issues #6/7 to get so auxiliary pieces of gear for various builds and to up my dps for soloing. I used to be a tank just starting NM so my output isn't the best.

AP / SP gain seems to be highly accelerated now days. I am acquiring hundreds and hundreds of AP every week just by running through the core issues 6/7 and Tokyo quests. Feels good to get the skill tree populated a bit more and all of the weapons unlocked at QL10. Haven't messed with the Augment system yet, seems like a vent for extra AP and such.

I like what they did with Tokyo, it seems coming back after the mission pack was put in was the correct thing to do. It keeps me busy on a three day timer. The atmosphere is pretty decent, the AEGIS system is a cool improvement without affecting the other areas of the game. I find that good and bad, I like how those systems are silo'd for now, but I am also sad I still have to farm Black Bullion.

On the bright side, with the cooldown on Nightmare / Issue quests, it fits in perfectly with being an adult. I can only play a couple of times a week. By the time I do get to play, enough timers have expired and I can grind out some more tokens / AP. When I used to have more time to play the game would frustrate me because I would be stuck sitting in Agartha waiting for beginner NMs to get going.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's very easy to get nightmare groups. I play during Aussie prime time so probably the least populated timezone but I get a nm group formed within minutes any day of the week.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Hope they release a bundle when Tokyo is done. Don't really want to buy it piecemeal, waited so long to play through it might as well wait till its complete.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is the game that I really feel bad about it not taking off in a big way. The setting is top notch and the synergies of the ability wheel is still the best game system I have yet seen plus the story is just plain fun to play through.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They've added a lot of really great storyline with issues lately, especially issue 7 & 9.. Can't wait for issue 10!

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
They've added a lot of really great storyline with issues lately, especially issue 7 & 9.. Can't wait for issue 10!
Issues 7 and 9 have been great. I stumbled upon Issue 7 after I bought it randomly, was just starting Transylvania at the time. Running through that line was just so fun and the story was highly interesting. I was annoyed when she took off into Tokyo and I couldn't follow until issue 9. Now I can and it has been great.