The Shield

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ha just saw Stana Katic, pre nose job. Crazy difference it made from is other roles like Castle:

CITw9SbWcAA0ae5.png

spronk

FPS noob
oral history by the original cast on the 20th anniversary of The Shield

article said:
WALTON GOGGINS (SHANE VENDRELL): I was doing pretty well in movies but trying to break into TV. Looking the way I did, sounding the way I did, there wasn't really room for me on network TV; they didn't know what to do with me. And so I read this and it read like one of the greatest cop films ever. I called my agent and said, "Are you sure this is for TV?" It had been a long time since someone had told a story about Los Angeles in this way. Shane has, like, two lines in the pilot, but I felt it could be special — and I knew Shane was part of the original sin. Little did I know, after that pilot, the executives wanted to fire me. Shawn didn't tell me until the end of season 1 during a DVD commentary recording, and I said, "How?! I had two lines!" He said to them, "I know what this guy's capable of, let me prove it," and he focused the second episode on Shane. I'm glad he didn't tell me because I may have f---ed that up.

I forgot that this show basically made the bones for FX

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user