The "Shit I just bought" thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My Bandai Liger Zero finally arrived after some months of waiting. This thing is awesome and ridiculously pose-able. Had to pre-order the additional armor through some shady site, so hopefully I’m able to get a set in January.

IMG_6858.jpeg
IMG_6859.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought these a couple of months ago. Ceramic "Card Mold" poker chips. Website is on the dealer button.

Racks.jpg

Top.jpg

CloseUp.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got one of these after returning a different one that fucking sucked.

This thing is fantastic. Very good build quality.
1000006815.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I got one of these after returning a different one that fucking sucked.

This thing is fantastic. Very good build quality. View attachment 490861
I have their desk mounted laptop stand. Thinking about picking up this for my monitors

VIVO Dual Arm Monitor Desk Mount Height Adjustable, Tilt, Swivel, Counterbalance Pneumatic Stand, VESA Bracket Arm Fits Most Screens up to 32 inches, Classic, STAND-V002O Amazon.com

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Product review of the day for me.... Just picked up some of this on a lark while grabbing groceries.
1695525765023.png

god damn GIF

This is the flavor of my young misspent summers! It's Bomb Pops without the uncomfortable homoeroticism and sticks. All the glorious red, white, and blue flavors, without needing to avoid eye contact with your friends while you eat it!

This is the most American shit possible.... It's Red, White, and Blue, sold at Walmart, and will give you....
Diabeetus GIF

But damn if I didn't just polish off a big ol bowl of it like a fat kid on cake.

Last edited:
  • 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Eufy 11s. Cheap robovac. Eufy is a Chinese company, but they are a subsidiary of Anker, and Anker's done right by me before when I had a cable that broke down. No worries about network security either, because it's a completely offline model.

Tried it out over the last week, and the little guy does a damn good job considering it was only $130.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Moza R5 bundle + HGP shifter + Clutch + Upgraded brake cell. Now I can lose races in style!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Eufy 11s. Cheap robovac. Eufy is a Chinese company, but they are a subsidiary of Anker, and Anker's done right by me before when I had a cable that broke down. No worries about network security either, because it's a completely offline model.

Tried it out over the last week, and the little guy does a damn good job considering it was only $130.
I think there's several people on here that have Eufy robovacs, myself included. For the price they're damn good.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wanted a new jacket and have spent the last few weeks trying on a bunch of different things. Pretty hard decision and one I wasn't going to make before trying them on in person.

Was in Nashville this week for work and took the opportunity to drive a little south to Columbia to check out Bradley Mountain. Really liked what they had. Their Cabin Jacket and Field Jacket are nice. Ended up picking up the Field Jacket in Field Tan. It is a little longer than the Cabin and I liked that better than having the hem line hover right above my belt. It is also less busy than the Cabin which I liked.

Other's that I tried on were from Barbour, Tom Beckbe, Filson, and one other I'm forgetting.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wanted a new jacket and have spent the last few weeks trying on a bunch of different things. Pretty hard decision and one I wasn't going to make before trying them on in person.

Was in Nashville this week for work and took the opportunity to drive a little south to Columbia to check out Bradley Mountain. Really liked what they had. Their Cabin Jacket and Field Jacket are nice. Ended up picking up the Field Jacket in Field Tan. It is a little longer than the Cabin and I liked that better than having the hem line hover right above my belt. It is also less busy than the Cabin which I liked.

Other's that I tried on were from Barbour, Tom Beckbe, Filson, and one other I'm forgetting.
I've looked at similar on occasion and they seem nice but don't quite fit into my typical style, plus it doesn't get too cold here in southern California. I have a Marmot shell that I picked up last Fall and it's a great outer layer to ward off a bit of rain/wind.

Also, 'waxed canvas' always makes me think of the sound construction paper getting crinkled up, which isn't terribly appealing.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've looked at similar on occasion and they seem nice but don't quite fit into my typical style, plus it doesn't get too cold here in southern California. I have a Marmot shell that I picked up last Fall and it's a great outer layer to ward off a bit of rain/wind.

Also, 'waxed canvas' always makes me think of the sound construction paper getting crinkled up, which isn't terribly appealing.
Yeah I can agree with all those. Will have to see how this one wears long term. Should be delivered today. Didn’t pick it up in shop bc online there was a 10% code and there wasn’t enough time to get back down there before leaving Nashville.

There were big differences in the feels of the waxes canvas, especially when it came to the weight (7oz, 10oz, 12oz) and whether that weight was waxed vs unwaxed. I barely considered the Filson wearable it was so stiff and uncomfortable, and like you said made an almost corduroy noise trying to move in it. There was one other that was similar. I did not get to try on the Freenote because the small boutique there had not received their shipment yet. She said if I’m back before Christmas they should be in.

The other annoyance was that I didn’t see until after that I guess a couple of these were in Yellowstone or whatever other show. Hated that show, and also like you mentioned from an overall style I’m not trying to be a cowboy or ranch hand. I liked this one bc it felt more outdoors/hunting/fly fishing, things that I can get in to around here in Arkansas.

The make an unlined 4-season version which you could look in to. I wanted liner bc I felt like they were shaped a little better and wore a little more fitted. We do also have days of 0 degrees here so the little extra warmth would be nice.

I also hate puffy down jackets. So looking for a jacket that wasn’t a puffy Michelin Man jacket and finding a different style was hard. Having said that…. My wife is getting a Patagonia Down With It for Christmas and my Mom got me an Arc’Teryx Cerium bc she knows my other light jackets have been Arc’Teryx.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I live a mile or two from a lake/reservoir that you can boat and fish in. It's not the most interesting or scenic lake I've ever seen, but it's close by and large and it's fun to get out on the water when the days get hot. I have some kayaks and we've taken them out a couple of times but I wanted something a lot more stable and larger. I don't want a real boat; not ready for the expense so I got this.

It's a pedal boat. It seats 5 but 3 of you have to be small kids, so 2 it is. Found it on FB marketplace practically new. Owner says it's been in the water once. Looks it.
boat6%20%281%29-L.jpg

And to move it around, I found a Harbor Freight trailer also on marketplace. This was older and well used but I painted the metal and the plywood deck and built a removeable structure to hold the boat. Boat weighs 120lbs. Trailer weighs just under 300lbs so I can tow it easily with my Suzuki.

2024041714100347--468279914735369056-L.jpg

2024041813564683-8814910903812815564-L.jpg

I just finished building it out yesterday and it's still too cold and windy still but maybe next week we can take it out. There are a lot of inlets on the back side of the lake away from the boat ramps and the motorboats. We can just lift it off the trailer and carry it into the water. At least that's the plan.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users